Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

The moment when Ivanovic simply allowed Routledge (Montero's replacement) to run in behind him onto a through ball without even making the SLIGHTEST effort to track him (despite being in the perfect position to do so) summed up his overall performance today.

The moment when Ivanovic simply allowed Routledge (Montero's replacement) to run in behind him onto a through ball without even making the SLIGHTEST effort to track him (despite being in the perfect position to do so) summed up his overall performance today.

His spirit was broken by that point.

I remember that, I was screaming all manner of swears at my monitor. If instead of a ball they kicked a ballon, he still wouldn't manage to get it how awful he did.

I remember that, I was screaming all manner of swears at my monitor. If instead of a ball they kicked a ballon, he still wouldn't manage to get it how awful he did.

It's so frustrating, because on his day Ivan can be a genuine beast of a player, but he seems to be a player who NEEDS to be feeling the pressure in order to perform to such a high standard; when he is guaranteed his place in the team no matter what (as he currently is), and/or the game being played is not 'do-or-die', he loses almost all focus and discipline. I find it unbelievable that Mourinho is willing to ignore this.

His spirit was broken by that point.

More like his arse was broken from the pounding Montero was giving him the entire game.

Sometimes in games like today it becomes very clear that he's is just a very blunt instrument. Lots of power and not much in the brain department.

He already looked half-arsed early on when Montero put in the cross for Swansea to equalise.

can't stand seeing his face in the starting XI right now. But we're so short in defense that we basically don't have any other option.

I still believe Mourinho made a serious mistake keeping him in the team last season without even trying for a decent streak of matches playing Azpi and Luís. And when he justified his choice he looked even worse saying Iva asked him to play at all matches. I also want to sit in my house every Friday instead of working, but my bosses unfortunately aren't Mourinho...

Sterling will destroy him lol

If it were a 1v1 duel then definitely but we'll be defending with a back 5 or 6 so probably not. Instead Ivanovic will be standing in between Cahill and one of Willian/Ramires (as they try to defend 1v1) with his hands behind his back, pretending to be making himself useful.

This dude just gives no fucks.

Listen, he does give a fuck but he just isn't capable of playing right back. He shows a lot of passion at times but his inability to fit into that role mainly due to the lack of pace is embarassing him now.

Time to call it a day at right back Ivan!