17. Carney Chukwuemeka

manpe

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, bluesman2610 said:

If he can stay healthy he will be huge for us in helping break the low block and adding some height in midfield

If he could break into the starting eleven, who would Poch drop? Gallagher? Enzo and Caicedo must play, they are getting better and the worst we could do both tactically and i financial aspect to break their duo, especially we don’t have so many games left this season. But Gallagher.. as incompetent he seems to be very often, credits have to be given he is one of the players who bring heart to the team and having clutch moments. 

Or is it possible Carney can be on one wing, Palmer on the other, and the 3 original midfielders stay? After two years I am still not 100% sure what kind of player Carney is, I saw too few of him to profile.

1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

If he could break into the starting eleven, who would Poch drop? Gallagher? Enzo and Caicedo must play, they are getting better and the worst we could do both tactically and i financial aspect to break their duo, especially we don’t have so many games left this season. But Gallagher.. as incompetent he seems to be very often, credits have to be given he is one of the players who bring heart to the team and having clutch moments. 

Or is it possible Carney can be on one wing, Palmer on the other, and the 3 original midfielders stay? After two years I am still not 100% sure what kind of player Carney is, I saw too few of him to profile.

He can play as an inverted LW as long as we get the width from the LB like we do with Palmer and Gusto on the right. You just have to give the instruction that Conor and him are to interchange often as Conor great defensively and Carney a much better goal threat.

15 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Poch loves height so I would say one of the CM's. For me Carney is one of those players who is great further up the pitch but would have a better career if he added some defensive nous to his game and became an 8. 

Personally, I really like him so hopefully he can do something like that. 

Edited by King Kante

‘Slight knock’: Commentator confirms Chelsea player Carney Chukwuemeka has picked up an injury on international duty

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/news/slight-knock-commentator-confirms-20m-Chelsea-player-has-picked-up-an-injury-on-international-duty/

GettyImages-2084796958-1024x683.jpg

A big part of this season for clubs across the Premier League has been dealing with injuries to players, with Chelsea certainly one of those impacted the worst.

It’s been a regular occurrence for Blues head coach Mauricio Pochettino that he’s gone into a game missing at least a handful of first-team stars.

We’re sure Pochettino will be nervously waiting during the current international break to see if all his players come through matches with their countries unscathed.

Unfortunately, there’s already been one setback to one individual.

Chelsea youngster Carney Chukwuemeka, who’s away with the England under-21s side right now, has sustained a small injury problem.

England are currently playing Azerbaijan this afternoon in a UEFA Euro u21 qualification match.

England are streaming the Young Lions game via their official YouTube channel, where there’s been an update on Chelsea’s Chukwuemeka.

The commentator has shared: “Carney Chukwuemeka misses out with a slight knock but is expected to be back for the game on Tuesday.”

Thankfully, the attacking midfielder’s injury setback doesn’t sound too bad despite keeping him out of Friday’s game with Azerbaijan.

There’s a chance the Chelsea playmaker could be back in a few days time when the England u21s play Luxembourg on Tuesday.

Carney Chukwuemeka has horrible luck right now

Chukwuemeka’s only played nine games for Chelsea this season across all competitions, largely because he missed a big chunk through injury.

The £20m youngster (Sky Sports) has so much talent and we’ve got big faith in him. It’s worrying to see frequent injuries, though, especially at his age.

This month is Chukwuemeka’s first camp with the England u21s. Therefore, let’s hope he stays with the squad and can play next week.

He came off the bench to score in the FA Cup quarter-final win over Leicester City last weekend, so we are hoping he can finish a frustrating season strongly.

3 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

I feel like if it wasn't for injuries he'd be starting weekly for us.

He'd be a Musiala type player imo. Think he and Lavia would've helped us tremendously if fit. 

24 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

He'd be a Musiala type player imo. Think he and Lavia would've helped us tremendously if fit. 

So would Nkunku and Fofana.. Crazy, 4 starter/star player material pretty much out for the whole season..