Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Journalist tips Chelsea to sell £35m player and sign his replacement in the January transfer window

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/news/journalist-tips-Chelsea-to-sell-35m-player-and-sign-his-replacement-in-the-january-transfer-window/

GettyImages-2176490577-1.jpg

Chelsea ensured they were busy over the summer in order to give the best possible backing to their new manager.

Enzo Maresca was gifted a host of new players, however so far only Jadon Sancho has nailed down a regular starting role in the Premier League.

With the money they spent on new players over the summer, it could be believed that they would be in for a quiet January transfer window.However, there are a number of players who have really struggled to break into the starting side that could be surplus to requirements when the opportunity arises again.

This has been the case for Benoit Badiashile so far, with the Frenchman failing to impress when sporadically featuring this season.

Benoit Badiashile predicted to leave Chelsea

There was interest in signing him back in the summer, however the Blues were unable to find a deal that would see him leave.

Journalist Graeme Bailey has exclusively predicted to The Chelsea Chronicle that they will sell the Frenchman in January, whilst also completing a deal to bring his replacement in at the same time.

He said: “When the January window comes I think they’ll be active, I do. I think we might see a left-sided centre-back come in, and Badiashile will go.

“I wouldn’t rule out a right-back, they’ll see what’s available. If we don’t see Reece James before January, I think that’s more likely.”

Levi Colwill performing really well

Badiashile has found it very difficult to displace Levi Colwill from the starting side this season, with the England international taking his game to a new level.

It is fair to say that this has come in tangent with him being played in his more natural position, rather than the left-back role that Mauricio Pochettino was keen to play him in.

After joining the club for £35m, injuries and recent poor form seem to have spelt the end for the Frenchman at Stamford Bridge.

left-footed CBs

the ones in bold will be crazy hard to pull in January

Gonçalo Inácio
Sven Botman
Jarrad Branthwaite
Murillo
Piero Hincapié
Castello Lukeba 

Dávid Hancko 
Jorrel Hato
Jakub Kiwior 
Facundo Medina 

Abakar Sylla (R. Strasbourg player, so do not know if we can buy him)

youth

Jeanuël Belocian 
Yarek Gasiorowski (£37.5m release clause)
El Chadaille Bitshiabu  
Christian Mawissa   
Nathan Zézé

Osimhen’s £109million release clause he had in the summer has expired and will be replaced with a much lower £68million clause that becomes active in January. Next summer, it will drop further to £63million.

https://www.corrieredellosport.it/news/calcio/calcio-mercato/napoli/2024/10/09-133883406/napoli_quanto_puo_puo_incassare_da_osimhen_a_gennaio_tutte_le_cifre?primo-piano

31ed58871aececf5176f6ac0909f66bd.png

Khvicha Kvaratskhelia e Victor Osimhen, i gemelli dello scudetto, sono legati da un filo sottile che continua a unirli anche a distanza. Comunque piuttosto ridotta: Napoli e Istanbul sono separate da 1.233 chilometri in linea d’aria, e tutto sommato Khvicha fa scalo nella capitale turca ogni volta che torna dalla Georgia. Insomma, sono vicini. Più che mai in vista del prossimo mercato, collezione autunno-inverno: Kvara è sempre il protagonista di una trattativa di rinnovo fino al 2029 che ora farà tappa a Milano, sede del prossimo appuntamento tra il ds Manna e il suo agente Mamuka Jugeli, probabilmente già a fine ottobre, a ridosso della trasferta con il Milan o al massimo di quella con l’Inter (una decina di giorni dopo). Osi, invece, è stato ceduto in prestito al Galatasaray a inizio settembre, ma già a gennaio la nuova clausola rescissoria inserita nel suo contratto potrà essere attivata. Con un valore diverso rispetto a quello di giugno 2025: 81 milioni di euro, contro 75 milioni. 

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

left-footed CBs

the ones in bold will be crazy hard to pull in January

Gonçalo Inácio
Sven Botman
Jarrad Branthwaite
Murillo
Piero Hincapié
Castello Lukeba 

Dávid Hancko 
Jorrel Hato
Jakub Kiwior 
Facundo Medina 

Abakar Sylla (R. Strasbourg player, so do not know if we can buy him)

youth

Jeanuël Belocian 
Yarek Gasiorowski (£37.5m release clause)
El Chadaille Bitshiabu  
Christian Mawissa   
Nathan Zézé

I think we should try for Hincapié if we can't get murillo. 

Borussia Dortmund winger Jamie Gittens, who moved to Germany from Manchester City's Academy in 2020, is attracting interest from Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham.

(@BILD)

#Chelsea still believe that Mykhailo Mudryk is a top-level talent but there is a growing trail of thought that a loan move in January could be the best chance for him to find form and confidence.

• fffe65882dab586620a40254ca5db4f2.png

• Milan Skriniar has confirmed that he's not happy with his current game time at PSG and there are concrete chances for his exit in January. Juventus are interested should PSG be open to a loan move. More clubs are also keen.

• Fabrizio Romano provides all the details on the Milan Skriniar story in his latest column.

• https://thedailybriefing.io/i/150081452/psg-star-not-happy-with-his-current-situation

•  

PSG star not happy with his current situation

It’s still early stages in this story but Milan Skriniar is not happy with his current situation at PSG regarding game time as the defender has played in just two matches this season for the French champions.

If nothing changes at PSG, he would be open to leaving the club in January, but it will depend on PSG.

• If the Ligue 1 champions open the doors to a loan deal, Juventus could be interested in the former Inter centre-back and as of right now, I’m not aware of bids from Premier League clubs.

In my opinion, I don’t expect Skriniar to play much more at PSG as Luis Enrique has made his decision. This is one to watch in January.

SofaScore's Top 20 Players in Europe's Top 5 Leagues 24/25

Rank

Player

Club

Rating

Omar Marmoush

Eintracht Frankfurt

Bukayo Saka

Arsenal

Florian Wirtz

Bayer-Leverkusen

Cole Palmer

Chelsea

Achraf Hakimi

Paris Saint Germain

Erling Haaland

ManCity

Raphinha

Barcelona

Harry Kane

Bayern Munich

Ousmane Dembele

Paris Saint Germain

Yamal sheets

Barcelona

Vincenzo Griffo

Freiburg

Son Heung Min

Tottenham Hotspur

Federico Valverde

Real Madrid

Edon Zhegrova

LOSC Lille

Grimaldo

Benfica

Mohammed Salah

Liverpool

Michael Olise

Bayern Munich

Marcus Thuram

Inter Milan

Joshua Kimmich

Bayern Munich

Peter Gulasci

RB Leipzig

f6347aac44802c5cfb902c9ac64e4b3a.png

Edited by Vesper

Dean Saunders: "At the moment, Christopher Nkunku knows that no matter what he does, he's not going to start in front of Nicolas Jackson. With seven games in, I can’t see a future at the club. You probably can get a deal out of Chelsea right now."

28 minutes ago, mkh said:

Dean Saunders: "At the moment, Christopher Nkunku knows that no matter what he does, he's not going to start in front of Nicolas Jackson. With seven games in, I can’t see a future at the club. You probably can get a deal out of Chelsea right now."

Would be a tragedy to lose Nkunku over someone like Jackson. Let’s just hope he accepts that joker role 

12 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Would be a tragedy to lose Nkunku over someone like Jackson. Let’s just hope he accepts that joker role 

If Nkunku leaves at some point in the future, it would be because he's keen on a new challenge at a top side (and we would have failed to be decently competitive and gotten back to the days where we would actually look forward to playing UCL football every other season). 

What does that have to do with Jackson, he's a young striker looking to develop, if Nkunku gets back to his Leipzig form, he will be starting most games.   

Pretty sure Maresca mentioned that he would take it slow with Neto, Nkunku, Fofana due to their injury histories. 

20 year old forgotten Chelsea talent pops up in training – plan desperately needed for January

https://Chelsea.news/2024/10/20-year-old-forgotten-Chelsea-talent-pops-up-in-training-plan-desperately-needed-for-january/

Alex-Matos-struts-his-stuff-in-PL2-actio

The way that the transfer window closes with leagues across Europe already begun means that there are plenty of players and stories who fall through the cracks.

We’re all so busy thinking about the players who have come in and out at the death, and then the games and results that follow, that some of the lesser threads of the summer fall by the wayside.

Moments like this, with a couple of weeks without Premier League action, are a good moment to take stock. A lot of the “bomb squad” and players who needed a loan found one late in the window, while others (like Cesare Casadei) have had an unexpected renaissance in the first team; but there were others who weren’t so lucky.

Forgotten talents pop up in international break training

One of those forgotten players is Alex Matos, who did well on loan last season at Huddersfield. Somehow we weren’t able to secure him either a permanent or loan move this summer, meaning 6 months of stagnation for the 20 year old. He’s been forced to return to U21 level, a massive step back after being a regular in the Championship last season. Without question he’s one of the biggest victims of a chaotic summer where so many resources were spent finding solutions to long term problems like Romelu Lukaku and Kepa Arrizabalaga.

Matos is at least getting a chance to impress Enzo Maresca during this fortnight – photos from Chelsea’s 5th Stand App show him in training making up the numbers this week. Poor Alex is so far from the first team though, despite being the perfect profile as a midfielder to strengthen our squad. He’s just going to have to pray the sporting directors are working on something special for him in midweek.

Alex Matos on Fulham test, loan learnings and Coelho influence

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/alex-matos-on-fulham-test-loan-learnings-and-coelho-influence

download.jpg

20 hours ago, mkh said:

Nkunku is not a lead the line CF

he is a hybrid SS/AMF

I have no clue why some of these shit journos keep acting like he is some pure CF we brought in and who is in direct competition with Nico. He is not.

Chelsea target speaks out on transfer collapse after 'many nights crying'

Chelsea were on the verge of wrapping up a big-money signing in the summer before pulling out of the deal at the 11th hour.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1961019/Chelsea-Samu-Omorodion-transfer-Atletico-Madrid

5688988.avif?r=1728737509284

Chelsea were a matter of a few fine details away from splashing out £35million on a player in the summer before pulling out of the deal at the last minute. Now, some months later, Samu Omorodion has spoken out on his collapsed transfer to Stamford Bridge.

The 20-year-old revealed he spent "many nights crying" after watching his dream move fall apart and subsequently being frozen out by his club Atletico Madrid.

The Spain youth international had been targeted by the Blues' transfer chiefs as part of a convoluted operation between the two clubs, with Conor Gallagher moving to the Civitas Metropolitano in a separate £33m move.

It was expected that the west London club would finalise personal terms with Omorodion after striking an agreement to pay a big-money fee for the 20-year-old.

But after reportedly moving the goalposts, Chelsea withdrew their interest and pulled the plug. That left Omorodion in limbo as he was stranded in Madrid, who were desperate to offload him.

Several weeks after the transfer saga, Omorodion has addressed his failed move to the Premier League and the sadness he felt after being exiled by the Spanish club.

"For the gold it was not so bitter. But it was a very complicated summer," Omorodion told Marca. "When I was in Madrid I had a very bad time. In the end, thank God everything turned out well.

"If it didn't work out with Chelsea, it was for a reason and in the end it all worked out well.

He added: "At Atletico, I was training on the sidelines. I didn't feel like a participant or like a footballer. I trained and my head told me not to.

"I had a bad time. [I spent] many nights crying... my family and my mother had a very bad time."

Chelsea moved to snap up his team-mate Joao Felix on deadline day for £42m, while Omorodion later joined FC Porto in a deal that saw the Portuguese giants acquire 50 per cent of his transfer rights for £15m.

He has proved to be a steal so far for the Estadio do Dragao outfit, scoring seven goals in as many games for his new club, including a superb double in the 3-3 Europa League draw with Manchester United.

Despite missing out on a move to London, the former Alaves loanee has no regrets: "In the end, thank God, it all came to an end quickly and I made the best decision [to join Porto]," he added.

this may well be bullshit:

Chelsea star’s agent holds transfer talks with Barcelona and another surprise club

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2024/10/13/reece-james-transfer-Chelsea-barcelona/

Mykhailo-Mudryk-Reece-James-900x600.jpg

Chelsea right-back Reece James reportedly seems to be considering leaving London in order to play in a warmer climate with the likes of Barcelona or Benfica.

The 24-year-old has had an injury-plagued couple of years, meaning he’s barely been able to play for Chelsea and make the kind of impact we know he’s capable of, and it seems he’s now considering moving to a warmer climate to see if it can help with his fitness.

That’s according to a report from Football Transfers, who state that James’ representatives have sounded out Barcelona over a potential move, as well as another surprise club in the form of Benfica.

James is undoubtedly good enough for a big name like Barca as long as he’s fully fit, but Benfica is a surprise destination that most players of his calibre would probably see as a bit of a step down.

At the same time, however, James is perhaps now at the point where he just wants to ensure he’s able to keep playing regularly after making only 26 appearances in the Premier League in the last two years, with none so far this season.

Spurs-vs-Chelsea-Reece-James-900x649.jpg

Reece James transfer: Could Chelsea’s club captain move on?

It would no doubt be seen as a bit of a blow for Chelsea to lose their club captain, but it perhaps makes sense that all options are on the table at this point in the England international’s career.

James looked like a hugely exciting young talent when he first broke onto the scene for the Blues, and the club’s fans would surely love to see this academy graduate eventually coming good for their first-team.

It might not be meant to be, however, and perhaps James can take better care of his career by moving to Spain or Portugal, where the weather would be better and the pace of the game also a bit slower, meaning he could perhaps put his injury woes behind him.