10 hours ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea will pay Sterling £10m to play for Arsenal

9613af46576d3d17a645e2c7b058ca4d.png

fucking madness

no loan fee

we pay £200K PW

Arse pays £125K PW

wtf

I heard reports that he slightly reduced his wage demands for this loan spell, I remember one of the Arsenal reporters saying something like 275k, with Arsenal paying about 125k weekly, Chelsea to cover the rest. 

Chelsea

• Djordje Petrović agreed to sign on improved terms at Chelsea ahead of his loan move to Strasbourg. This was part of the plan for Petrović after his opening season in PL, now joining Strasbourg and then his future will be assessed again in June 2025.

• Chelsea confirm squad for next stage of Conference League. Wesley Fofana, Cole Palmer and also Romeo Lavia have been left out. Decision taken due to load management as Chelsea season could go on until July 2025 with Club’s World Cup too.

• Chelsea might have a much better chance of landing Victor Osimhen next summer. Fabrizio Romano tells us why.

• Si Phillips discusses the rapid rise of Cole Palmer and why his Ballon d’Or nomination is testament to his hard work over the past year.

• Find out which Chelsea talent Fabrizio Romano rates in this exclusive breakdown of the Blues performance in the transfer window.

• Conor Gallagher: “I don’t think it’s true that I don’t fit Enzo Maresca’s system. I had a good season as you could see by Pochettino playing me every game and showing his trust in me. The fans appreciated what I did on the pitch too.”

6 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I heard reports that he slightly reduced his wage demands for this loan spell, I remember one of the Arsenal reporters saying something like 275k, with Arsenal paying about 125k weekly, Chelsea to cover the rest. 

I doubt that 

55 minutes ago, KEVINAA said:

Academy full-back Genesis Antwi has signed his first professional contract with the club. 

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/teams/profile/genesis-antwi

https://www.transfermarkt.com/genesis-antwi/profil/spieler/1045121

He is Swedish, born here in Stockholm. 

I have been catching up with this forum last two days. Read around 80 pages of this thread. It was wild. Osimhen saga, Sancho, Washington...

I think some fans are extremely overrating Osimhen. Reminds me of Icardi years ago when many wanted us to splash 100m on him. Just had to Google where is he now. Well, he is also in Galatasaray 😆 

Bellotti another one that comes to mind. Just like Osi had one top season. Lukaku, Abraham... These are comparable players. VO is nothing more than that. 

Not bothered about number 9. City won title without one. Arsenal is great without one. Real Madrid just won everything without one. Especially since we have Nkunku, Felix, Palmer, Neto who all can play multiple positions. 

Ready to give a chance to Fofana-Colwill pairing. Both had injury setbacks but apart from that they are exact same players as Saliba and Gabriel. Talent wise probably rated higher our boys just 2 years ago. Let them develop. 

KDH what a pointless signing. Obviously we gonna use pivot based on last 4 games and he cannot play that. Even against Servette. Upper no space for him. We have 9 attackers for 4 positions. Rabiot on a free would be better signing. After Lavia, Enzo and Caicedo not sure who we have there. Veiga is LB backup and Casadei was not rated by Maresca even in Championship. Carney is not for pivot either. 

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

He is Swedish, born here in Stockholm. 

Was quite obvious after reading the name Genesis 😄

By the way, what could make you name your kid Genesis? Great memories with the old Sega console, or being a fan of Phil Collins’ former band?

6 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

By the way, what could make you name your kid Genesis? Great memories with the old Sega console, or being a fan of Phil Collins’ former band?

Kevin Hart explains. 😂

Although it might only be applicable in America.

1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

the creation of the world and all life

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea

• Conor Gallagher: “I don’t think it’s true that I don’t fit Enzo Maresca’s system. I had a good season as you could see by Pochettino playing me every game and showing his trust in me. The fans appreciated what I did on the pitch too.”

When players sound like politicians: asked one thing and answer with something else. 

Jonathan David attracted interest from at least 4 clubs

While it is too early to predict what might happen next summer, when Jonathan David's contract expires at Lille, we can explain what happened with him this summer, which could provide some hints.

David was one of the players that was most enquired about this summer, from many teams. It looked like Aston Villa would go after him with everything they had, but the deal never came off because they could not find an agreement with either the player or the club.

Napoli were another side that enquired about him this summer, Roma too, there were a variety of teams that tried to get close, Atletico Madrid being another of them.

From January onwards, we will have to keep an eye on how much money David's agent will ask for in terms of salary and signing bonuses. It's still too soon to be talking about teams that might move for him though.

He's always been liked by Cristiano Giuntioli at Juventus, but also by Piero Ausilio at Inter, but we cannot yet talk about those clubs as options.

Nico Williams stayed at Athletic Club, but it's true he is still on Barcelona's agenda

For me, the Nico Williams saga could be back in play at some point down the line, because Barcelona are still interested in him. The parties did not close a deal in part due to the finances, but also due to personal preference. Williams decided to stay, and as he voiced himself, he is still excited by the prospect of wearing the Athletic Club shirt in Europe. Those two reasons are why he stayed there.

I still think Barcelona will be an option next summer. This summer, Chelsea enquired, but did not move due to his salary demands, other outlets have said there was an offer from Aston Villa, I don't have information on that. Arsenal also enquired but did not make a move.

The Premier League did knock at Mohamed Simakan’s door this summer. It was Newcastle again, but Leipzig wanted €40m. In the end, it didn’t get concrete because it was too much for Newcastle, which is why Leipzig decided to sell him to Saudi Arabia. If he’d been a little cheaper, Newcastle were certainly an option on the table. In the end, the financial power of Saudi Arabia won out.

On 05/09/2024 at 01:26, Vesper said:

LB Miguel Gutiérrez or Patrick Dorgu (as Nuno Mendes very likely is not doable) Double red as Real Madrid may excercise their buy-back option on Miguel Gutierrez

Dorgu scored for Denmark on his debut yesterday, btw.

20c39118734b68b3d0f89ce480733b9c.png

?at=de581aa67cc2e406f8128c70f2f34a4c

Edited by Vesper