Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

6 minutes ago, mkh said:

RB Leipzig are making a loan offer, with an OBLIGATORY purchase clause of 25 million euros, to Benfica for António Silva, reports @maisfutebol.
The Eagles are evaluating the German offer.

🫨🫨🫨

25m for antonio Silva? What are they smoking. 
Meanwhile we are rumoured to bid for his worse and older colleague Araujo…

13 minutes ago, mkh said:

RB Leipzig are making a loan offer, with an OBLIGATORY purchase clause of 25 million euros, to Benfica for António Silva, reports @maisfutebol.
The Eagles are evaluating the German offer.

🫨🫨🫨

IF that goes through (and I do not see how it could, that's a 75 per cent slashing of his release clause) I am going to fucking LOSE MY MIND

we could have had

Mamardashvilli for £25m last season

J David for around £20m this season

and now, IF this goes through, Antonio Silva for £21m

total for all 3

£66m

around the same cash for those 3 for just what we spend on CuCu

or around £10m LESS than what we dropped on just Fofana

or £22m LESS than we have spent on GKers so far over the last 2 seasons

insanity

Edited by Vesper

59 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I wouldn’t be shocked at all if our “Hollywood” ownership intentionally saved something for the final day to make a splash whilst most other big clubs are quiet. But leaving maybe the final piece to our team (a top class #9) until the last minute seems so unnecessarily dumb.

I need this knowledge to be posted with confidence, no conspiracy tone lol. 
Re initial announcements and takeover plans. We have today the most PR-thinking club. It’s clear they already brief fans of poor options to make average options seem like even better ones. Been going on a while. They’re tending to fan psychology, seeing the fanbase as a person, to keep feeding the right way at the right time to sustain loyalty, via emotion. Via other means, over the years, since the takeover. Its how they roll, and what the type of fan they’ve identified as their primary fan, laps up. 

55 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Sounds like saving a toast with ham for a grande finale of cooking show-off. 

Feels like 5th or so season when looking for the striker is trying to splurge for somewhat decent-ish of all the not convincing ones. Our cb's and gk are shaky at best, doubt that additional 5-7 goals per season will compensate for it. 

Yes simply 

We are not winning this war with the Saudi's over VO, and the good thing is we will know by end of today as we will have to step down with one day to go and the Saudi window open longer. 

I know money talks but fuck me going to Saudi, wow just wow

13 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

25m for antonio Silva? What are they smoking. 
Meanwhile we are rumoured to bid for his worse and older colleague Araujo…

What is a weakness of Araujo’s

How with any sense can you see a side turning cohesive, and still pine for a player not wanting to be here. Is it invisible, that we’re putting together a clear unison of mentality finally. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Really hope we settle things one way or another TODAY and aren’t forced to scramble on the final day.

Do you really believe this? The games will continue till the deadline 

Just now, Strike said:

Do you really believe this? The games will continue till the deadline 

With 0 equivalent player in place. When this falls through, you go for a Gyokeres, not Toney, otherwise why aim so high with such wide pockets in the first place. Lack of planning even still. A broken clock will get some things right. We are still, well BlueCo, are still getting many things wrong. Handling of players, destinations of loanees, prices paid for. Speaking since our nice form to start the season. 

They aren’t suddenly competent. Lol. It’s not been a wrong outcry for years now, acknowledging that they are incompetent. No new people have arrived lol. Same people. 

16 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

we are rumoured to bid for his worse and older colleague Araujo

really harsh on Tomás Araújo

in 2 months Silva turns 21

Araújo is 22 until the end of the season

Silva had a terrible Euros, which is why his price may well drop

I have been watching Araújo game footage, and he looks quite good

I would take him over multiple CBs we have now

Taking the Saudi money out of it, which essentially is causing all the problems. As a general rule, I have zero problem with performance based contracts that we've moved to, total sense, love it. Not sure what it is now that Rom is gone but our average salary went from £200k to £60k. We all made mistakes and bad decisions in our daily lives, I do back what Clearlake are doing, we as Chelsea fans are just so spoilt and used to win now, not later, now. It's a shame don't get me wrong, those years, that spine of players we had were just purely incredible to me, but that's not today's footballer, either.

I do believe we return to champions league football, I do believe we'll make more mistakes and I do believe that we'll make catastrophic ones, however I do believe in the model, including the financial one, and I can confidently say I thought "sorry what?" When Palmer signed almost out of the blue. You hit, you miss, you hit big, you miss big, it's cyclical and it's going to take a while to move the deadwood, juggle money, so far they've found loophole after loophole.

1 minute ago, mkh said:

Harvey Vale to Al-Ettifaq is off. No personal terms have been agreed and the Saudi club have now ended talks.

[via @JacobsBen]

everything seems to be lies

I trust no one in terms of journos other than The Athletic boyz

Romano is smoking his own talipipe