Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

This Tomas Arujo looks mental.

I’d be soo happy if we got a serious CB in before the end of the week. Its more important than a striker i.m.o and I think Osimhen would be an absolute game changer for us, I really do but our need for a leader at the back is far more important.

Edited by DDA

11 minutes ago, DDA said:

This Tomas Arujo looks mental.

I’d be soo happy if we got a serious CB in before the end of the week. Its more important than a striker i.m.o and I think Osimhen would be an absolute game changer for us, I really do but our need for a leader at the back is far more important.

Just got through watching some footage myself and see he plays on the right side. Even if we sold Trev AND Disasi I don’t see a place for him when we’ve got Fofana and Tosin. And with Colwill, Badiashile, and Veiga who can fill in on the left what would be the point in another CB this window?

2 hours ago, IMissEden said:

Yeah all this emotional investment is not something a lot of people want. Payday. Sunset. It’s not that deep. Money is not secondary to success. 

That's your opinion. Not so for Alisson, Ederson, Son, or Salah, to mention a few.

Edited by LAM09

30 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

That's your opinion. Not so for Alisson, Ederson, Son, or Salah, to mention a few.

No it’s not my opinion. You ranking “success” (fan fantasies) as more important than money, I’ve said is not a concrete truth whatsoever; it is not something to realise as more important - that would not be true. That, would be an opinion. So I said, “Money is not secondary to success”, in response to you stating, players realise success is more important than money. That’s not true; neither are secondary nor primary in this context; indeed it’s person to person. Zoomed out obviously money is more important. That’s not an opinion lol. 

So it’s not an opinion of mine at all to highlight that you’ve drawn a conclusion, that’s not a conclusion. You have an opinion, your truth, that you’re stating like a fact. It’s not a fact. Money is not factually concretely secondary to success. That’s fan fantasy. That’s not realistic. 

Edited by IMissEden

Enzo Maresca on Sterling, Chalobah and the others: “All the players who in this moment are training apart will NOT get any minutes in case they stay”.“My advice to Sterling? He knows exactly what he has to do”.“It’s not just Raheem, all of them”, says via @kierangill_DM.

Jadon Sancho is thought to have indicated a preference to join Enzo Maresca’s side over Juventus.

~ @JacobSteinberg

Maresca talked today like he really wants Sancho. He said he knew him very well at City and will accept any player who will improve the team. 🤔

Thought the original concept was pushing someone to United for FFP shenanigans and getting Sancho as a side effect, instead of getting high-wages, doubtful-workrate washed out player into team overcrowded by 15 men being the point in itself.  

2 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Their season is 10 months, paid weekly.

Still not 3 million 'a month'. 🙂

Anyway, I obviously wasn't making a serious point. It is interesting though that the Saudi League operates a different pay structure from that which is common in Europe. The leagues which pay big salaries usually pay their players twice a year; typically January and July. I don't see why the Saudis are doing it differently. They must have a reason I suppose, but these players are not living payday to payday so it's not being done for their benefit. Is this perhaps the traditional pay structure in Islamic countries? If that is the case it sounds like something I should have known long before now. Better late than never is the best I could say for myself.

4 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Still not 3 million 'a month'. 🙂

Anyway, I obviously wasn't making a serious point. It is interesting though that the Saudi League operates a different pay structure from that which is common in Europe. The leagues which pay big salaries usually pay their players twice a year; typically January and July. I don't see why the Saudis are doing it differently. They must have a reason I suppose, but these players are not living payday to payday so it's not being done for their benefit. Is this perhaps the traditional pay structure in Islamic countries? If that is the case it sounds like something I should have known long before now. Better late than never is the best I could say for myself.

I have no idea. I just assumed weekly means weekly.