Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

while I am not a fan of signing Osimhen bc of afcon, injury, general fitness, skill level etc the dealbreaker for me will be his salary. I hope that if we do make that big move and pay him those insane wages it is heavily incentivized both on goals and overall title sucess.

I don't think the club will break their approach on wages now, not for a risky guy like Osimhen - that's the kind of guy that they put in the wages rules to protect us against. I don't know what is a reasonable salary though. Maybe £150k pw base with huge incentives that can make him one of the best paid players in the world if he hits a 25-30 goal season and we are winning competitions? Who knows.

Also, one thing that occurred to me is this guy might not even pass a medical. He has serious problems for years, and we rejected Samu Omorodion after medical (who had no obvious problem to the casual observer). On the other hand we did buy Neto who has big injury history, which was waved away as saying it was mostly impact injuries.

15 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

I don't think the club will break their approach on wages now, not for a risky guy like Osimhen - that's the kind of guy that they put in the wages rules to protect us against. I don't know what is a reasonable salary though. Maybe £150k pw base with huge incentives that can make him one of the best paid players in the world if he hits a 25-30 goal season and we are winning competitions? Who knows.

Also, one thing that occurred to me is this guy might not even pass a medical. He has serious problems for years, and we rejected Samu Omorodion after medical (who had no obvious problem to the casual observer). On the other hand we did buy Neto who has big injury history, which was waved away as saying it was mostly impact injuries.

I hope you are right. What we know is that Osimhen has both, regular impact injuries and a dodgy skull that can refracture any day, possibly fatally so. His injury history on transfermarkt was one of the first i have seen that has multiple pages. Even at Wolfsburg where he was not a regular and only  for a year he was constantly injured. 

one thing in his favour that he hardly gets credit for here is his work rate. He absolutely puts in a shift. Presses like mad, has a huge engine, puts his body on the line. If he does not score he still can wear down opposition defenders. He is a bit like Jackson but a bit more clinical, better shot, more of a warrior and better in the air. So if he stays fit and finds his best form again he will definitely improve us. These are big ifs tho. As long as he doesn’t throw his toys out like Rom I can’t see him being a total flop. At the same time I don’t see him consistently having 25+g seasons cos he just lacks that world class technique 

Edited by Magic Lamps

20 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I wonder what the price could be if we do buy him. More than the €65m the Saudi club offered? The same? Less but with another player in addition to Lukaku going the other way?

If we got him for just the €65m and end up paying less for Osimhen than Spuds did for Solanke it would be pretty hilarious.

Imagine he was being shopped at 100m + last year.

and now the deal looks like 65m with Lukaku going for 45m. Net 20m euros

17 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

I read the club is negotiating a higher sign-on fee to ensure wages remain in line with their structure.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Imagine he was being shopped at 100m + last year.

and now the deal looks like 65m with Lukaku going for 45m. Net 20m euros

If his wages weren’t so massive you’d almost call it a steal if he can hit the heights he did two seasons ago. 

6 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

There has been talk of BlueCo acquiring another club after this window closes. 

They will need another club to sell all the players we have with no future to.

This talk of us offering Sterling & Chilwell to Man United is surprising. I get they aren’t top top class players, have no future here etc but still seems weird to try and actively offload 2 players to a direct rival for top 4.

I know Mason’s move didn’t work out but United are crying out for a left fullback and giving them a half decent one is bizarre. Although injuries probably only thing stopping Chilly from properly performing at a half decent level.

But does seem very financially driven to try and get the high earners off the books.

Edited by OneMoSalah

BREAKING: Chelsea has submitted it’s first official offer for Victor Osimhen, delivered to his agent Calenda. In the next few hours it is possible that the negotiation with Napoli will begin. (via @DiMarzio)

Things are moving. 

7 hours ago, IMissEden said:

To be clear, both Osi and Toney are below what this fanbase should expect. 

Well, who should we be expecting???

This post gives EVERY option valued at or over 40m Euros as well as all the ones who are not available

Håland is not available and I doubt would come here until he is an ageing out CF

Mbappe (IF you even count him as a CF) is the same

Same for Lautaro Martínez (who was my main target for years, after it became clear, years ago, that we would not get Håland)

Kane? LOLOLOL

the next under those are (including ones who are NOT available, who are struck-through)

the only options that MAY meet your expectations and who are actually available are in bold (there are only 4, and one of those is basically impossibly expensive and is oft-injured, and one is soon 29yo, in a few months)

these are all the rest of the CFs valued at €40m or above, and in order of valuation:

Victor Osimhen  (you say is not good enough)
Julián Alvarez
Alexander Isak (£100m plus)
Darwin Núñez   hell no, so so overvalued
Dušan Vlahović  (my 1st choice)
Viktor Gyökeres

Ollie Watkins soon 29yo

Marcus Thuram
Rasmus Højlund

Gabriel Jesus   hell no, so so overvalued, always injured
Endrick
Loïs Openda
Jonathan David (my 2nd choice, and so so low cost, but he may be just going to leave on a free next summer and start a bidding war for a signing bonus)
Benjamin Sesko
Joshua Zirkzee

Ivan Toney   
Evan Ferguson
Gonçalo Ramos
João Pedro
Mikel Oyarzabal
Randal Kolo Muani  
Santiago Gimenez
Victor Boniface
Serhou Guirassy  
Matheus Cunha

that is all

this is THE post that defines the debate for proven CFs who are valued at £33.75m (€40m) and up

I am fine with the project that is Jhon Durán

Edited by Vesper

44 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

one thing in his favour that he hardly gets credit for here is his work rate. He absolutely puts in a shift. Presses like mad, has a huge engine, puts his body on the line. If he does not score he still can wear down opposition defenders. 

His performances at this year's AFCON showcased that perfectly. He didn't score despite his efforts, but he helped others flourish by being a really nuisance, especially aerially. 

36 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Well, who should we be expecting???

This post gives EVERY option valued at or over 40m Euros as well as all the ones who are not available

Håland is not available and I doubt would come here until he is an ageing out CF

Mbappe (IF you even count him as a CF) is the same

Same for Lautaro Martínez (who was my main target for years, after it became clear, years ago, that we would not get Håland)

Kane? LOLOLOL

the next under those are (including ones who are NOT available, who are struck-through)

the only options that MAY meet your expectations and who are actually available are in bold (there are only 4, and one of those is basically impossibly expensive and is oft-injured, and one is soon 29yo, in a few months)

these are all the rest of the CFs valued at €40m or above, and in order of valuation:

Victor Osimhen  (you say is not good enough)
Julián Alvarez
Alexander Isak (£100m plus)
Darwin Núñez   hell no, so so overvalued
Dušan Vlahović  (my 1st choice)
Viktor Gyökeres

Ollie Watkins soon 29yo

Marcus Thuram
Rasmus Højlund

Gabriel Jesus   hell no, so so overvalued, always injured
Endrick
Loïs Openda
Jonathan David (my 2nd choice, and so so low cost, but he may be just going to leave on a free next summer and start a bidding war for a signing bonus)
Benjamin Sesko
Joshua Zirkzee

Ivan Toney   
Evan Ferguson
Gonçalo Ramos
João Pedro
Mikel Oyarzabal
Randal Kolo Muani  
Santiago Gimenez
Victor Boniface
Serhou Guirassy  
Matheus Cunha

that is all

this is THE post that defines the debate for proven CFs who are valued at £33.75m (€40m) and up

I am fine with the project that is Jhon Durán

It would just be someone less obvious. Someone else’s rotation option often thrives elsewhere as a starter due to the right profiling x team match. Year after year fans discuss Big Names or Bust despite the countless gems and bargains and others damaged goods that’ve defined successful eras for clubs. That’s on scouts to sort, not me. It’s also on them and the club to know, to wait and find that perfect fit, as opposed to get trigger happy and go for an Osi out of FOMO and panic buy cocktail. The way to identify who fits is not to look at who’s been having purple patches or stat streaks. 

A few weeks ago, and all of last season, re list there, I wouldn’t have wanted Gyokeres. Now I would. The team profile has changed. All we need up front is a bully who scores, and knows to not be selfish. From what I’ve watched, he’d provide the closest to a Haaland profile, which suits what we need at the moment given most of our players still are not exactly bucket scorers, still unknown quantities essentially. 

I basically expect Osi to get in the way of other players, and frustrate them with selfish holds of the ball when he should release. Not exactly insulting the guy, just calling that. I think so if he signs. I think we need Less not More in terms of movement now. Need a simple profile to compliment, not more of the same. Need someone who will stay up top as a presence, not pop up all jammy, as we have lots already doing. Will literally crash into eachother while not having the figurehead so to say every team really likes up top. In my opinion from what Ive seen. We would benefit from a player who hasn’t signalled much ego or want for glory, someone happy to just do one or two things right. I fear Osi wants to be The Guy which is only good for this side if you’re not going to get bullied while holding on to the ball. 

Edited by IMissEden

27 minutes ago, IMissEden said:

It would just be someone less obvious. Someone else’s rotation option often thrives elsewhere as a starter due to the right profiling x team match.

but you said expectations we should demand someone better than Osimhen, who is a huge name

which by nature means another huge name (as we are talking expectations), not rolling dice on some mid-career lower club level player

nor does it mean rolling dice on some rando teen

My point is that so many posters just toss out a framing (grass is greener, plenty of options, etc)

when the actual options are now small as fuck in number

as my post defintively showed

I have been battling this typology since I joined the board

it is lazy posting

the 'oh, there are many better options' toss-out with none actually listed

the reality is that there is not a fantasyland garden of great players waiting to be plucked

57 minutes ago, IMissEden said:

I basically expect Osi to get in the way of other players, and frustrate them with selfish holds of the ball when he should release. Not exactly insulting the guy, just calling that. I think so if he signs. I think we need Less not More in terms of movement now. Need a simple profile to compliment, not more of the same. Need someone who will stay up top as a presence, not pop up all jammy, as we have lots already doing. Will literally crash into eachother while not having the figurehead so to say every team really likes up top. In my opinion from what Ive seen. We would benefit from a player who hasn’t signalled much ego or want for glory, someone happy to just do one or two things right. I fear Osi wants to be The Guy which is only good for this side if you’re not going to get bullied while holding on to the ball. 

here are 3 players I already listed who are not top 10 tier who seem to meet what you are now saying and who are remotely available 

Jonathan David
João Pedro
Santiago Gimenez (probably the closest to what you are now saying)

going down, (I do not think many here realise just how many CFs have moved already, it is quite staggering), under my intial cut-off in valuation and who are available we have

Brian Brobbey
Taiwo Awoniyi 
Karim Konaté  (badly injured)
Terem Moffi  (badly injured)

and now the under £18.5m valuations (so a real stretch) Italics might be worth a punt

Omar Marmoush 
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Patrik Schick 
Rodrigo Muniz
Beto 
Arnaud Kalimuendo
Jean-Philippe Mateta 

Jonas Wind  
Isaac Romero   
Kévin Denkey     
Gift Orban

Eli Junior Kroupi (but he just turned 18)

anything else we are now in the £12m and under range

Edited by Vesper