Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

The priority has to be streamlining this squad beyond anything else. If we end the transfer window with a handful of big earning, first team players who have been ostracised from the squad the manager will be on a hiding to nothing.

Every bad result or performance, individually or collectively, will be under the microscope if there are players sat twiddling their thumbs in the reserves. If Cucurella has a bad performance, there will be questions of why Chilwell isn't being used. If Jackson or the team isn't scoring enough, the Lukaku questions will arise.

It'll be an absolute disaster. 

If an opportunity presents itself to pick up Osimhen on our terms at the end of the window, under the knowledge that we've shifted much of what needs moving on, then fine. But I don't think we're in absolute desperation mode for him. There might not be a standout goal scorer to take the burden unless Palmer can do so again, but we do have quite a few in the squad that are capable of chipping in with goals, and the set up is going to be key.

Swap Enzo for a more offensive option through the middle and I think we'd immediately look more threatening. Although City accommodated Haaland and that move has been completely justified, I do believe their most fluent and best league side they had was actually when they were playing large parts of the season with no striker. If we're trying to emulate in some way a possession based approach, then having 4 attackers on the pitch all capable of being able to play across the entire front line, roam and probe may actually suit Maresca more than a more traditional focal point striker. 

Although I was left a little disappointed with our performance over the weekend, I didn't see much beyond City and Arsenal which was already expected, to suggest that top 4 is beyond the reach of this group this season, regardless if we sign any more players.

The Sterling thing has worked out incredibly well IMO

Privately he was told he won't feature in the City game yet the statement comes which was poorly timed and also pathetic. I think the club will be largely pleased it has panned out like this, use this stick to beat him with and move him on.

4 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Privately he was told he won't feature in the City game yet the statement comes which was poorly timed and also pathetic. I think the club will be largely pleased it has panned out like this, use this stick to beat him with and move him on.

How can they use it to beat him with? He will just sit there collecting his wages. The statement itself was pathetic but feeble enough to not constitute a breach of contract , probably nodded off by a lawyer. 
we can not really afford to let him rot with the reserves. We can’t sell him bc of his wages. Every clubs knows this and will try to low ball us if there is even any interest. There is nothing the club can do to get rid apart from paying him out.
He may be a terrible frustrating player but he has his uses. Contrary to mudryk he is not so devoid of top level experience and confidence that he at least finishes some his chances every now and then. Either some miracle happens, maybe a Saudi side taking him, or Maresca has  to play him again at least as sub 

16 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I think out of everyone, he'll be the hardest to move on in all honesty.

He was pretty clear when he joined that coming back to London was a massive factor in his decision. He no longer looks like having any chance of getting back in the England squad, and is sat on a very handsome contract for 3 years. 

I think he may look at the situation and decide to stay until at least the January window, to see if his position changes at all.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Hell no! We think Sterling has coasted and dropped his levels since getting his massive contract, Sancho is that to the extreme. He is finished. He’d be 3rd choice in every possible position if he came here. United are desperate for a quality wing option and he can’t even get a game for them.

Yeah, it’s weird. But it’s just like what happened with Anselmino and Estevão. Both were reported as “done” but didn’t get confirmed for like a month. Same happened with that Mike Penders keeper. We never announced that, did we?

South American transfers take parents, agents, uncles, etc all getting their payoff before the club finalizes it.

1 hour ago, Superblue said:

The priority has to be streamlining this squad beyond anything else. If we end the transfer window with a handful of big earning, first team players who have been ostracised from the squad the manager will be on a hiding to nothing.

Every bad result or performance, individually or collectively, will be under the microscope if there are players sat twiddling their thumbs in the reserves. If Cucurella has a bad performance, there will be questions of why Chilwell isn't being used. If Jackson or the team isn't scoring enough, the Lukaku questions will arise.

It'll be an absolute disaster. 

If an opportunity presents itself to pick up Osimhen on our terms at the end of the window, under the knowledge that we've shifted much of what needs moving on, then fine. But I don't think we're in absolute desperation mode for him. There might not be a standout goal scorer to take the burden unless Palmer can do so again, but we do have quite a few in the squad that are capable of chipping in with goals, and the set up is going to be key.

Swap Enzo for a more offensive option through the middle and I think we'd immediately look more threatening. Although City accommodated Haaland and that move has been completely justified, I do believe their most fluent and best league side they had was actually when they were playing large parts of the season with no striker. If we're trying to emulate in some way a possession based approach, then having 4 attackers on the pitch all capable of being able to play across the entire front line, roam and probe may actually suit Maresca more than a more traditional focal point striker. 

Although I was left a little disappointed with our performance over the weekend, I didn't see much beyond City and Arsenal which was already expected, to suggest that top 4 is beyond the reach of this group this season, regardless if we sign any more players.

Yeah, shifting players has to be priority No.1, No.2 and No.3. 

For me, unless we clear the following, we are going to have issues: 

Petro - beat Sanchez to the GK1 position fair and square last season, yet gets dropped because he isn't a 'ball playing' GK, despite the fact that Sanchez isn't either, it is just that he looks confident when giving the ball away. 

Kepa - Needs to go as his wages area high and he clearly wants to leave. 

Bergstrom - Needs a loan. 

Trevor- I would keep but having him with the development squad for no reason other than for FFP reasons isn't a great look. Especially as he is better than a number of the CB's ahead of him. 

Disaster - Cannot have him playing and expect to win games consistently. Add this to the Trevor situation and he has to go. 

Chilwell - Not sure I would sell but once the manager comes out and says you're surplus, it is pretty much game over. Injuries have also taken their toll with him. 

Gallagher- Again I would keep but the circus this Summer means he has to go for everyone's sake. If not we will have the constant articles about how he has been treated. 

Carney - Needs a loan for his development. Hopefully not sold. 

Angelo - Needs a loan for his development. Don't know enough to know if he should be sold or not. 

Kellyman - Needs to go out on loan otherwise we will have him pop up as having 'disappeared' all the time. 

Sterling - Already getting a bit toxic. However, he will be the most difficult to move. 

Broja - Similar to Trev but to a lesser level as he isn't good enough. 

Lukaku - This one needs no explaining. 

Fofana - Loan with a option to buy of £25m+ seems about right for him. 

Edited by King Kante

So is Mamardashvili not good with his feet or something? How is it that he’s readily available for €30m, was coming off of a fantastic tournament this summer, has been really good for a long time at club level, and we didn’t even attempt to sign him but instead opted for Jorgensen? A keeper who played in the same league as Mamar but wasn’t as good.

Conor Gallagher set to fly from UK to Spain tonight & complete transfer to Atletico Madrid. Full agreement reached between #Atleti / Chelsea - €42m + undisclosed sell-on to Chelsea. Personal terms & medical for 24yo midfielder done long ago.

David Ornstein

4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

How can they use it to beat him with? He will just sit there collecting his wages. The statement itself was pathetic but feeble enough to not constitute a breach of contract , probably nodded off by a lawyer. 
we can not really afford to let him rot with the reserves. We can’t sell him bc of his wages. Every clubs knows this and will try to low ball us if there is even any interest. There is nothing the club can do to get rid apart from paying him out.

4 hours ago, Superblue said:

I think out of everyone, he'll be the hardest to move on in all honesty.

Remember reports when we signed new players early on under new regime about salaries being way lesser with no CL football? Sterling could be the case. Also, why you guys don't think he'll be like Lukaku and accept huge pay cut just to play somewhere regularly? For all the shit Lukaku gets gotta give him credit for that including rejecting Saudi move. 

14 hours ago, Vesper said:

I would like to know how much of the add-ons we end up paying

the transfer fee was £59.75m (€70m)

and there is a potential £25.6m in add-ons (€30m)

Zero. Unless there are add ones for new tattoo.