Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 hours ago, DDA said:

He’s been poor mate. Ghosting through games. His tenacity for the game and passing was the reason we got him and both have been severely lacking.. thats without considering the price tag.  Football is like every other sport at the highest level, you have to deal with pressure. Thats why they are paid soo much money. I expect consistent output from my team at work and they get paid the smallest fraction of what these fuckers get paid. Fans make way too many excuses for these guys. 

Oh yeah, absolutely agree, he is invisible since the start and I'm not a smallest bit surprised - what I meant it's totally on the owners, buying 40 million player for 120 million won't make him 120 million player. Yet some folks insisted we need to overpay twice for Caicedo for Enzo to work and this saga seems to continue to this day, as I still see the ideas of building entire team around him for some reason. Not sure if Mbappe had this kind of luxury in oil money club. And quite recently whole world could see what kind of leader/captain material Enzo is - not the best.

37 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Sounds like Atleti did to us what we did with Omorodion. Everything done and ready and then they backed out at the last second.

AND they are trying to snug Kante. These guys took it personal indeed 😄

Not gonna lie, I'm 100 times more positive with Gallagher staying, than replacing him with another busload of random players for 50 million each for sake of virtual profit on books, that will be spent on another dross random players in matters of minutes.

Why are people saying its dead only bc he is flying back to London? Obviously it just needs more time, so there is no reason for Conor to stay in a hotel. Its not a big of a journey. 

Edited by Gundalf

1 minute ago, Gundalf said:

Why are people saying its dead only bc he is flying back to London? Obviously it just needs more time, so there is no reason for Conor to stay in a hotel. Its not a big of a journey. 

Weren't the same tier 1 journos reporting that clubs treat each deal separately and they are in no way connected like, earlier today? Prime soap opera until it's done.

5 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

If the move were close surely it’s pointless flying back to London? What’s to negotiate at this point? They already agreed to pay the £33m and had all the paperwork ready.

22 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If the move were close surely it’s pointless flying back to London? What’s to negotiate at this point? They already agreed to pay the £33m and had all the paperwork ready.

Probably sending a message to Atleti. Just because he is already there and photos were taken of him it doesn’t mean we will be generous and accept different terms because we don’t want to deal with him. He is our player, as long as deal is not signed he should be at Cobham, training with the Suicide Squad.

37 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Oh yeah, absolutely agree, he is invisible since the start and I'm not a smallest bit surprised - what I meant it's totally on the owners, buying 40 million player for 120 million won't make him 120 million player. Yet some folks insisted we need to overpay twice for Caicedo for Enzo to work and this saga seems to continue to this day, as I still see the ideas of building entire team around him for some reason. Not sure if Mbappe had this kind of luxury in oil money club. And quite recently whole world could see what kind of leader/captain material Enzo is - not the best.

AND they are trying to snug Kante. These guys took it personal indeed 😄

Not gonna lie, I'm 100 times more positive with Gallagher staying, than replacing him with another busload of random players for 50 million each for sake of virtual profit on books, that will be spent on another dross random players in matters of minutes.

The issue is not Conor staying or leaving—he’s been refusing to renew due to the role offered.

hes going to leave on a free which is not really good for the club.

RB Leipzig sign Antonio Nusa from Club Bruges

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5697827/2024/08/13/antonio-nusa-rb-leipzig-transfer/

antonio-nusa-scaled-e1723548228554-1024x

RB Leipzig have signed Antonio Nusa from Club Bruges.

Nusa has signed a five-year contract with Leipzig and will wear the No 7 shirt. The Athletic reported earlier on Tuesday that a deal between Leipzig and Bruges had been agreed.

“I’m just incredibly proud to be at RB Leipzig and in the Bundesliga now,” Nusa said. “The club has shown me a clear vision and a clear path, which has totally convinced me.

“It’s obviously a big step for me — but I’m ready for it. RB Leipzig has developed into one of the top clubs in Europe and is also one of the top clubs for young players.

“When I played here with Bruges in 2021, I was very impressed by the training centre and the academy, and of course, I also saw the stadium. It’s simply an amazing feeling to be able to play there in front of over 45,000 fans in just a few days.”

Nusa registered four goals and four assists in 46 appearances for Bruges last season and previously attracted the interest of Premier League sides. Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur held talks over signing Nusa and Brentford had agreed a €33million (now £28.2m; $36m) move for the winger in January, but that broke down due to complications late in the window.

This season, Nusa started three of Bruges’ four games and provided one assist. He joined the Belgian club from Stabaek in his native Norway in 2021, having made 13 senior appearances for them.

Nusa has been capped seven times by the senior Norway side since making his debut last year.

Leipzig’s biggest piece of business this summer has been the sale of Spain international Dani Olmo to Barcelona for €60m. They have also sold Angelino to Roma, while Martin Vandervoort and Assan Ouedraogo have joined from Genk and Schalke respectively.

Marco Rose’s side begin their 2024-25 season with a DFB Pokal match at Essen on Saturday. Their Bundesliga campaign starts a week later at home against Bochum.

Fabrizio says that nothing has changed with Osimhen. 🤷‍♂️

We’re still interested but only if Napoli change the asking price or terms of a loan.

1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

The issue is not Conor staying or leaving—he’s been refusing to renew due to the role offered.

hes going to leave on a free which is not really good for the club.

I was stuck on "no contact made" version. If so, that's totally different thing.

Don't want to be a naysayer, but isn't Osimhen bit more of a gamble than some of us want to think? All major clubs backed off their interest, his value is down, our "technical staff" greenlights it… Personally I'd prefer a loan and potential haggling later than being stuck with another expensive player with no end product. Not like we have never bought limited player in decline from easier league before…

Edited by Vegetable

3 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

I was stuck on "no contact made" version. If so, that's totally different thing.

Don't want to be a naysayer, but isn't Osimhen bit more of a gamble than some of us want to think? All major clubs backed off their interest, his value is down, our "technical staff" greenlights it… Personally I'd prefer a loan and potential haggling later than being stuck with another expensive player with no end product. Not like we have never bought limited player in decline from easier league before…

yeah I haven't seen much of Osimhen, so I trust the little I saw + opinions I read here and elsewhere.

My take is that he's a high xG attacker, who's not the typical linkup player I was hoping we'd get. City makes it work with Haaland, but maybe that has more to to with how much a freak Haaland is than the type of player he is.

It looks like it's more like a way to make the Lukaku deal go through than real conviction (in the player) tbh.