Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Wonder wtf we’d do if this Gallagher/Omorodion/Alvarez merry-go-round collapses. 

Lot of reports now that this is not done yet. Alvarez yet to agree personal terms with Atleti

5 hours ago, Thor said:

Holy hell that is way too much. He is good, but not that good. No where near the player some make him out to be on here - aka like missing out on Neymar or something. 

£81m in total where ~ £20m is add ons/ performance incentives in this market for someone like that is a good deal still.

I mean also depends if they are realistic add ons too or not. Similar to us putting qualifying/winning CL clauses and possibly a Ballon D’Or clause (not sure if that was 100% true or not) in the Mudryk deal.

But think him playing every week with Atletico will truly unlock him as a player. Showed at City he can be a key player, particularly when they had injury issues with Haaland and De Bruyne, so have no doubts about that move working for him. Think he is a weird hybrid sort of player, not a natural 9 but not a pure number 10. A 9 and a half if that is still a valid term in the ever changing language of football 🤣 But he has virtually played as a left and right winger, number 10 and number 9 under Pep

Edited by OneMoSalah

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

Lot of reports now that this is not done yet. Alvarez yet to agree personal terms with Atleti

Yeah, that’s why I ask. If Alvarez isn’t happy with the wages presented by Atleti as Fabrizio says and tanks the deal, what do we do with Connor then? Seems the only way Atleti let Omorodion leave is if they get Alvarez. 

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, that’s why I ask. If Alvarez isn’t happy with the wages presented by Atleti as Fabrizio says and tanks the deal, what do we do with Connor then? Seems the only way Atleti let Omorodion leave is if they get Alvarez. 

Still a lot of talk Connor hasn’t accepted Atletico’s proposal also, although he went to Spain yesterday. And Atletico agreed a deal with Valencia for another central midfielder incase he doesn’t go as the deadline is coming up.

But yeah Alvarez and Omorodion deals seem to be virtually in tandem. 

31 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Wonder wtf we’d do if this Gallagher/Omorodion/Alvarez merry-go-round collapses. 

What does Conor have to do with the Alvarez deal. That should be done and dusted.

1 hour ago, Thor said:

You want receipts of other peoples opinions on reddit and other forums? Why exactly? I didn't make a claim.

All I did was look to get an opinion of the guy from people who have watched. Do that in your own time if you want - or don't. 

you made the claim

all I asked for was evidence

not a hard lift

8 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

What does Conor have to do with the Alvarez deal. That should be done and dusted.

I think the hold up is more from Conor himself, as the clubs agreed a deal pretty quick as soon as it was made clear we wanted him out.

Hence why Atletico have another midfielder lined up from Valencia incase Conor doesn’t make the move.

In all honesty, I find it strange he only flew to Spain in the early hours of Monday morning when the clubs had agreed a fee a few days beforehand. Not to mention theres some deadline they have to meet or the move will be off. Just seems like it may fall through.

Not sure CG deal affects Alvarez or their CF coming here though. After all Atletico owners are minted.

Edited by OneMoSalah

2 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Best case scenario

Conor completed his move to Atletico

Alvarez goes to PSG

Shamu stays at Atletico

I can live with that

as

that exact scenario opens up a Rom + cash for Osimhen move

I can get why maybe the Manager would like someone else and not Alvarez.
He may think Alvarez is too much Cole esp when he drops back into CAM/RW position, and his movement might interfere with Cole's. He may also prefer a more physical presence up front vs a shorter skillful player like Alvarez, given that he's already going for more skill everywhere else.

In the end though, we still need a player who can contribute right away if we want to fare better esp in Cups this season. IMO we lacked options in those moments above all else: the matches were up for the taking and our bench was (very) thin. I do expect United to be a bit more competitive this season; not sure about Spurs much less Newcastle (they needed a lot more to get there).

Like folks said, hope Samu at least brings some aerial game for the moments we need it; though wasn't Guiu suppose to be good in the air?