Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

11 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Looks like he can dribble on that video, but his overall game isn't very impressive is it?
Maybe it comes with the now traditional Chelsea FC warning of "for his age."

Seems to be a good header of the ball too., in front of goal. We haven't had that kind of threat since Giroud, and to a much lesser extent in Havertz

So if nothing else, I guess Samu can provide a different option up front. And hopefully more. Let's see.

Atletico fans have a pretty visceral reaction to potentially losing Samu, similar to how we reacted the first time a Mason Mount leaving rumour emerged... They REALLY rate him and thought he was a huge part of their future. Lots of them saying they'd rather not do the Alvarez deal if it means Samu goes.

All feels a bit OTT, but I guess we'll see for ourselves if we end up buying him. Yet another one of those guys that could be "the new Drogba" but that's probably 5 years away and what are we going to do with him for 5 years?

While I surely don’t see anything special in him, the omorodian deal in Isolation would possibly make sense if we were not flooded with raw, unproven attackers already. 
right now this club is a machine. A machine that burns cash and talent like no other and produces frustrating results, tons of wasted chances and ultimate choker moments as a direct consequence of this transfer policy. 
Clownlake have not learned and probably never will. Players aren’t stocks where you compile a diversified portfolio and get a positive return on average. They don’t automatically blow up in value over time just bc they are young, talented and on long contracts. People, esp team athletes, are interdependent. They need leadership, experience and a healthy environment to grow. All this circus with the constantly changing staff, squad etc affects them. 
By now I am sadly almost 100% sure this clownlake experiment will go down in football history as the most expensive failure ever unless they drastically change their strategy. 

9 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/clywwgzv51vo

Atletico Madrid have agreed an £81.5m deal to sign Manchester City forward Julian Alvarez.

The fee is made up of an initial £64.4m (75m euros) with a further £17.1m (20m euros) in potential add-ons.

City is making a great deal. Huge profit on Alvarez. He is a good player, very strong in many different areas of the game, but not extra or outstanding in any, not irreplacable.

Strengths:

– Physical strength (very strong)

– Pace (very strong)

– Positioning (very strong)

– Movement (very strong)

– Link-up play (strong)

– Work rate (strong)

– Athleticism (strong) 

– Footwork (strong)

– Teamwork (strong) 

Improvements:

– Finishing

– Composure

– Weak foot usage 

Conclusion:

Samu Omorodion is making a name for himself in the football world. This 193cm tall centre-forward has all the right attributes to become a great player. With his little experience in professional football, he already showcases great skills. He is a very unselfish player and his contribution to the team is immense, not only offensively but also from a defensive point of view. Samu has great overall physicality and athleticism. He combines these attributes with his intelligent and efficient movement, which makes him a player who is really difficult to defend. Besides that, he is very well aware of his positioning, which allows him to stay on-side in most situations. Although, there is still a way to improve his finishing and composure, which I think will come with time, what I like about Samu is that he can get himself a clear scoring position in every game. I can see him being a key player for Atlético Madrid in the future. 

Nothing that wasn't evident from watching a bit of youtube ^. Tbh impact sub and an alternative strategic option to play off a huge ass target man is probably good squad building, but clearly not XI building. He is not close to NJ yet but he is an improvement on Guiu imo - who we were about to enter the season with as striker option number 2. Now Guiu will go out on loan I assume and we'll have Samu as our backup striker. Its not exactly exciting, but it is probably an improvement and we know there are limited striker options these days.

Edited by Mhsc

29 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/clywwgzv51vo

Atletico Madrid have agreed an £81.5m deal to sign Manchester City forward Julian Alvarez.

The fee is made up of an initial £64.4m (75m euros) with a further £17.1m (20m euros) in potential add-ons.

Holy hell that is way too much. He is good, but not that good. No where near the player some make him out to be on here - aka like missing out on Neymar or something. 

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

Holy hell that is way too much. He is good, but not that good. No where near the player some make him out to be on here - aka like missing out on Neymar or something. 

I agree - in the current football era at least, where there's really no one on a spending spree (PL calmed down, Saudi calmed down, PSG calmed down, top Spanish clubs in constant financial distress, China been a dead football market for ages, etc). Fair play to City, consistently doing good deals like this.

Only way the fee is justifiable is if the 20m euros add ons are very unrealistic and money they'll be happy to pay if it happens, e.g. league wins + CL wins, Julian winning Balon d'Or, or any of that shit. £65m for him is a minor stretch but not a huge one.

45 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Conclusion:

Samu Omorodion is making a name for himself in the football world. This 193cm tall centre-forward has all the right attributes to become a great player. With his little experience in professional football, he already showcases great skills. He is a very unselfish player and his contribution to the team is immense, not only offensively but also from a defensive point of view. Samu has great overall physicality and athleticism. He combines these attributes with his intelligent and efficient movement, which makes him a player who is really difficult to defend. Besides that, he is very well aware of his positioning, which allows him to stay on-side in most situations. Although, there is still a way to improve his finishing and composure, which I think will come with time, what I like about Samu is that he can get himself a clear scoring position in every game. I can see him being a key player for Atlético Madrid in the future. 

Nothing that wasn't evident from watching a bit of youtube ^. Tbh impact sub and an alternative strategic option to play off a huge ass target man is probably good squad building, but clearly not XI building. He is not close to NJ yet but he is an improvement on Guiu imo - who we were about to enter the season with as striker option number 2. Now Guiu will go out on loan I assume and we'll have Samu as our backup striker. Its not exactly exciting, but it is probably an improvement and we know there are limited striker options these days.

Samu may be fine in a few years time but it doesn't really make sense considering we already have young talent in Guiu/Washington, even Fofana is coming off a PL loan spell and might have been okay playing that backup role...

What we needed was a bit of experience like a Giroud/Diego Costa type to come in and take the load off Jackson, not another U-20's kid.