Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Feels weird that all transfer links with us and any senior players have gone totally silent. 

Is our business done until Maresca takes a look at a few preseason matches, I wonder?

Just now, Pizy said:

Feels weird that all transfer links with us and any senior players have gone totally silent. 

Is our business done until Maresca takes a look at a few preseason matches, I wonder?

Would make sense. Additionally, there are a ton of players we need to sell. Personally, apart from GK, I want to see sales before any incomings elsewhere. 

6 hours ago, Strike said:

My feeling - we end up with Summerville for LW

Nico Williams, Olise, Doue, Mathys Tel were out of reach. Adeyemi was not a serious target.

Crysencio Summerville agent in Chelsea talks as Leeds United transfer preference emerges

https://motleedsnews.com/transfers/crysencio-summerville-agent-in-Chelsea-talks-as-leeds-united-transfer-preference-emerges/

Crysencio-Summerville-Leeds-United-Chels

Leeds United star Crysencio Summerville’s agent has held talks with two clubs this week including his preferred destination of Chelsea, according to TEAMtalk.

TEAMtalk reported on 17 July that Chelsea and French side Rennes have been in talks with Summerville’s intermediaries, with the Dutchman’s heart set on a move to the former if the opportunity presents itself.

The 22-year-old was crowned the Championship’s Player of the Year last season and is being chased by a number of clubs, following the Whites’ failure to achieve promotion back to the Premier League in May.

While Chelsea are reportedly the side Summerville wants to join this summer, Rennes have recently done business with the Peacocks, signing international midfielder Glen Kamara for £6.8million on 16 July [Fabrizio Romano].

Crysencio Summerville edging towards Leeds United transfer

While the £40million sale of young starlet Archie Gray to Tottenham helped to ease the club’s profit and sustainability concerns, Kamara’s departure suggests the Whites are willing to sell other first-team stars.

Summerville is undoubtedly the biggest of all these stars having scored 21 goals and assisted 10 in all competitions last season, with Chelsea and Rennes far from the only clubs interested in signing him.

Resizing-template-2023-10-29T064158.695-

Liverpool, Newcastle, PSG and Bayer Leverkusen are just some of the other sides named in TEAMtalk’s report, and all six have the financial capability to test the resolve of a side in England’s second tier.

It’s clear that Summerville’s form last season warranted playing at the highest level the following campaign, but it remains to be seen if the Whites will give in to any offers they’re surely set to receive.

If Chelsea and Rennes are to act on their interest in the Dutchman, they’ll likely have to do so on United’s terms, with the Peacocks set to command a high price for a player who they want to keep next season [Ben Jacobs, 30 June].

On 17/07/2024 at 10:18, TheHulk said:

United getting an absolute gem, meanwhile we have Disasi and Badiashile and some think we will finish above them this season.

Lol comparing their star signing to back up centre backs.

Hilarious agenda.

9 hours ago, robsblubot said:

I honestly don't understand this point esp when you consider he plays, like I mentioned in multiple positions in attack, and their main striker is Haaland. He even played many of these games behind Haaland.

I also don't understand when people simply project number of goals from other leagues into the PL when we sign strikers from other leagues. Similarly you can't project what Alvarez would do in a completely different system, with teammates with different characteristics, and playing in a different role.

I'd always trust a player who is an excellent footballer like him, with great skill on the ball, versus limited strikers like Lukaku.
I would love to see Alvarez linking up with Cole for ex, but that's me I guess.

Looking at a player's numbers gives you an idea of what they can offer, especially where attackers are concerned. If someone scores 100 goals in two seasons in Italy, is it a moot point because Serie A is a weaker league or nothing compares to the Prem? I have no idea if your POV is one of ignorance, as this seems to be the case far too often.

I just want a natural goal scorer (Alvarez isn't one for me). It doesn't get more black or white than that.

The best recent example is the Copa America, where Alvarez scored two having started four games, while Martinez scored five having only started one. I'm aware this is a small sample size, but it shows the point I'm trying to make and puts the following to bed - completely different system, with teammates with different characteristics, and playing in a different role. 

7 hours ago, Strike said:

I think wage structure came in the way and I don't think Osimhen is the kind of player you break a wage structure for. 

That's a valid reason. However, I don't think they are willing to break it unless it's someone in a similar position to Mbappe's this summer - one of the best around whose contract was up.

3 hours ago, King Kante said:

Yeah, but of those 67 games, he has only played the equivalent of 45 games at 4090 minutes. On top of that he has 10 assists, so that is 20 goals and 10 assists in 45 games. 

His CL stats read - 17 games, 736 mins (equivalent of 8 games), 8 goals, 4 assists. 

On top of that he is firmly playing second fiddle to Häland and drops into midfield a lot and has shown he is technical and tenacious enough to play and be trusted by Pep - which is a feat in itself - see what he did to Kalvin Phillips after a big money transfer. 

I don't see anyone as good as Alverez on the market that is potentially gettable. David for instance is pony but has nice numbers because he plays in France - hence why no one is picking him up for £20-£30m. 

I personally feel that is Alvarez's best and most effective position, behind a real number 9. 

People's preferences depend on what they really want, I guess. Osimhen trumps anything obtainable during this window and solves the biggest issues we've had since Costa left. If we're going to talk about wages being too high, we might as well forget any hope of signing Alvarez for the exact same reason.

Edited by LAM09

Chelsea have inquired about Lens striker Elye Wahi, but they have not yet made an offer and want to know the price.

(@Tanziloic & @lequipe)

🙂↕️🙉

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Ten Hag will only be there two months anyway and he will be sacked. 

Southgate is said to be lurking outside Old Waterfall waiting to pounce. 

Leny Yoro is a Manchester United player.
The second part of his medical was confirmed this morning.

Transfer worth €62 million + 8 bonuses. At 18, he becomes the most expensive defender in Ligue 1 history 💰.

via @FabriceHawkins

Matt Law says the club still want another striker & RW. 

Personally, I think both would be overkill unless we sell at least a couple of the current bunch.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Lol comparing their star signing to back up centre backs.

Hilarious agenda.

I'd be surprised if Disasi will be a backup, and even if he is doubt Fofana is any better after those injuries, Chalobah probably sold and even if he stays he isn't nothing more than decent. Tosin remains to be seen how good he is.

Edited by TheHulk