Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

On 14/07/2024 at 16:03, ulvhedin said:

any reports of Matos?

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5619869/2024/07/09/arsenal-transfer-latest-manchester-united/

snip

On the academy front, Chelsea do not want to sell attacking midfielder Alex Matos and will look to send him on a season-long loan. Several clubs have expressed an interest in borrowing the 19-year-old for 2024-25, including some in the Championship, where he spent the second half of the last campaign with Huddersfield Town, but also in France’s Ligue 1 and the German Bundesliga.

Another leading under-21s prospect, 19-year-old midfielder Leo Castledine, is the subject of enquiries from clubs in the second-tier Championship and League One, the third division of English football. over a season-long loan.

On 13/07/2024 at 15:18, Pizy said:

Surely Nkunku will be starting on the left…

He will be central. Our left side options are Mudryk and Sterling unfortunately. 

On 15/07/2024 at 01:32, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Even if the price is decent, I would not move for Alvarez. He's the best of the available strikers but he's too similar to Nkunku and plays as a second striker better than on his own up-front. We will need to invest in a striker soon even if we sign him.

30 minutes ago, Strike said:

He will be central. Our left side options are Mudryk and Sterling unfortunately. 

which is why I have been banging on about getting a right-footed actual LWer for ages

every major (as in good eneough to buy) even remotely available one (including some who are crazy expensive, whether inn tranfer cost or salary or both, and I will put those in italics)

Bold I rate, strike-thru I do not (whether damaged goods or just do not fancy)    

Rafael Leão (fee too high)
Khvicha Kvaratskhelia (fee too high)
Nico Williams (wages too high)
Anthony Gordon (fee too high)

Jack Grealish     
Kaoru Mitoma

Mathys Tel 
Federico Chiesa 
Harvey Barnes
Désiré Doué
Kenan Yıldız
Jadon Sancho  (wages too high)
Amine Adli 
Ferran Torres
Jamie Bynoe-Gittens 
Ansu Fati 
Amine Gouiri 
Crysencio Summerville 
Morgan Rogers 
Antonio Nusa  

5 hours ago, Strike said:

Even if the price is decent, I would not move for Alvarez. He's the best of the available strikers but he's too similar to Nkunku and plays as a second striker better than on his own up-front. We will need to invest in a striker soon even if we sign him.

Play central where? If we play with 3 in midfield like everyone expects I think KDH or Carney play as that advanced midfielder in front of Enzo & Caicedo. Or have Lavia at #6 with Enzo & Caicedo as the two #8’s. 

I’ve always just assumed it would be Nkunku left, Palmer right, Nico Jackson/new striker up top, and then a combo of whichever 3 CM’s that suits each opponent.

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

If that happens I am going bonkers with rage

To be fair, South American attackers and Atletico Madrid just go so well together. 

Aguero, Falcao, Forlan, Suarez for that stint, Diego Costa (even though he played for Spain)

Barca don't have the money for Nico Williams : The Athletic

I'm not getting my hopes up though. Barca will do a bake sale and get the money

The Barca president has publicly come out and said they have the money for Nico Williams. The president of La Liga has said the same. I think it’s absolutely classless and insane for them (especially the La Liga boss) to come out and say these things about a player from another club and one who just signed a new contract, btw. But it’s clear they’re going to go for him.

His super close friendship with Yamal and the allure of Barca even in their current state is far too enticing for a Spanish player to turn down. Don’t know why our name keeps getting brought up. There’s no chance he’d choose us over them.

The pull of Madrid and Barca is still very strong, I get it with Madrid but not Barcelona.

I fucking hate them both-Look at that daft cunt Mbappe prancing round the Bernabeu kissing the Madrid badge the fucking absolute bell end