Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I will wait to see what KDH has to offer. It is a reasonable fee. Leicester fans love him. He stayed with his boyhood club when they went down expecting a quick bounce back up. That does not characterize him as a Championship level player. 

14 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

You wouldn't do, I imagine alot of the fans from other countries have absolutely no idea how brutal and hard the championship is, I'd go as far as to say it's a better league then ligue one, serie A and the bundesliga and bar real Madrid and Barcelona it's a much better watch than la liga as well.

It’s a tough league but the level is shit. I’d rather watch Sevilla and sociedad than plymouth and QPR. 

Archie gray might develop into one of the best mids in the world. Hall will probably be decent but not amazing. What’s the midfield going to be ? Caicedo enzo hall trio? 

Now that we have it confirmed.

Chelsea vs Leicester City matches.

Saturday March 8 2025 - Leicester City (CFC Home)

Saturday November 23 2024 - Leicester City (Away at LEICESTER)

If KDH screws up in those matches his Chelsea career will forever be under scrutiny.

Edited by KEVINAA

12 minutes ago, Beorn said:

It’s a tough league but the level is shit. I’d rather watch Sevilla and sociedad than plymouth and QPR. 

The level is shit compared to the PL in terms on teams and money spent, but to say a player from the championship can't do well in the PL but one from ligue 1 would kill it here is a ridiculous statement to make. People are quick to forget this championship level player ran absolute rings around us last season when we played them.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

10 minutes ago, Beorn said:

Archie gray might develop into one of the best mids in the world. Hall will probably be decent but not amazing. What’s the midfield going to be ? Caicedo enzo hall trio? 

Hopefully Maresca is flexible and can change the midfield 3 depending on opponent. In games where a pure DM is needed to protect Enzo (like against City, Arsenal, and other big teams) we can play Lavia with Enzo and Caicedo. In matches against teams who are sitting and parking the bus and a DM isn’t as necessary we can have KDH in the side for more creativity and incisive passing.

1 hour ago, mkh said:

Michael Olise's move to FC Bayern seemed to be a done deal. Now it threatens to fail because of a complicated clause.

If it turns out that he stays in the Premier League I'll be gutted. I put in what I thought was a stupidly large bid for Palmer in my fantasy league but found myself massively outbid by a manager who spalshed almost 40% of his entire budget to get Cole. When Olise came up I was therefore determined to get him so I bid 75% above his market value. Then came the bad news that he was going so I had to sell at a massive loss to avoid losing all the money I spent on him. Now this. Come on Bayern pay up. 

4 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

The level is shit compared to the PL in terms on teams and money spent, but to say a player from the championship can't do well in the PL but one from ligue 1 would kill it here is a ridiculous statement to make. People are quick to forget this championship level player ran absolute rings around us last season when we played them.

How many more times does PL teams have to get embarrassed by teams in so called lesser leagues in Europe before the league stops getting put on such a ludicrous pedestal?

A PL team hasn't beaten a La Liga team in a major European final since 2001, and even then it was Liverpool in extra time against Alavez.

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

How many more times does PL teams have to get embarrassed by teams in so called lesser leagues in Europe before the league stops getting put on such a ludicrous pedestal?

A PL team hasn't beaten a La Liga team in a major European final since 2001, and even then it was Liverpool in extra time against Alavez.

The only reason they say the premier league is the best league in the world is because it's one of the most competitive leagues in the world, that's it imo in terms of talent it isn't the best league, and if been the best league is down to competitiveness only then these same people can't argue that the championship isn't as well then.

26 minutes ago, Beorn said:

We'll see how the season develops. Perhaps Lavia in the side will give Enzo the freedom to unleash his A game but I'm yet to be fully convinced by him. If our Argentine fails to make our top XI once Maresca has the team playing the way he wants it to, I won't be totally shocked.

13 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

The only reason they say the premier league is the best league in the world is because it's one of the most competitive leagues in the world, that's it imo in terms of talent it isn't the best league, and if been the best league is down to competitiveness only then these same people can't argue that the championship isn't as well then.

I would even dispute that in recent years, Pep has won 6 titles in 7 years, the French league has even had one other winner in the same period. Also all 3 promoted teams have got relegated last season.

Even if you point to Villa making the UCL other leagues can one up that with the likes of Bologna and Union Berlin.

Edited by Tomo

28 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Agreed 

What's the take on Golding? Opinions? 

Pleased with the KDH signing to be honest, I'd of taken him out of the Leicester team a while back, think people need to put the fee into context, it's a good deal, especially if Conor goes. I'm all for players playing that supported the club and one of our own etc but ultimately I rate KDH higher than Conor, just my opinion.

Same situation with Levi, if we can get £60-70m for him out of someone then I'd snap their hand off, he's good don't get me wrong, English hype, too.