Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

11 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

The level at which most of those are playing is considerably lower or was only a matter of months ago. It seems like the fee is the sole reason most people are against him joining. 

Caicedo & Enzo ring any bells?

If you go back I was also not in favour of purchasing Caicedo, and it is not just the transfer fee it is more of a style thing we don't play with lots of crosses into the box. The style we are trying to play from what I can see is more low balls into the box with wide runners. 

5 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

If you go back I was also not in favour of purchasing Caicedo, and it is not just the transfer fee it is more of a style thing we don't play with lots of crosses into the box. The style we are trying to play from what I can see is more low balls into the box with wide runners. 

I was just mentioning two players that I personally believe we overpaid by a huge margin and still do. However, that is how the market works; you either put your money where your mouth is or end up with the Endos of the world (no disrespect to him).

With regards to how we play, James was whipping balls in for fun in a number of games without anyone at the end of them. We just need a reliable scorer above anything else.

Edited by LAM09

4 minutes ago, JFKvsNixon said:

That wouldn't work for FFP, whatever the Premier League's version of it is called.

Can be 2 separate transfers . Broja is pure profit and duran can be spread over years 

40 minutes ago, lucio said:

Can be 2 separate transfers . Broja is pure profit and duran can be spread over years 

Very true, it could be two separate transfers. Even though Duran would be an upgrade on Borja, would we ultimately be stuck with another bit part that's not really good enough for us?

5 minutes ago, JFKvsNixon said:

Very true, it could be two separate transfers. Even though Duran would be an upgrade on Borja, would we ultimately be stuck with another bit part that's not really good enough for us?

An upgrade over Broja, based on what exactly? Duran has been at Villa for a year and has fuck all to show for it. 

He's absolutely no more proven or better than Broja, just another inexperienced raw youngster in a long line of many. 

4 minutes ago, Jype said:

An upgrade over Broja, based on what exactly? Duran has been at Villa for a year and has fuck all to show for it. 

He's absolutely no more proven or better than Broja, just another inexperienced raw youngster in a long line of many. 

So you're describing him as being a bit part that's not really good enough for us? 😂

52 minutes ago, Jype said:

He isn't HG either.

Next Generation 2020: 60 of the best young talents in world football

Thu 8 Oct 2020 01.01 CEST

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2020/oct/08/next-generation-2020-60-of-the-best-young-talents-in-world-football

Jhon Durán was listed

most have not done much

these are the names still mentioned to any real amount

only 3 are approaching or are at WC level players atm, all 3 are AMFs

Jamal Musiala Bayern Munich

Florian Wirtz Bayer Leverkusen

Xavi Simons Paris St-Germain

Benjamin Sesko RB Salzburg

Maurits Kjærgaard Red Bull Salzburg

Fabio Miretti Juventus

Cesare Casadei Inter

Luca Netz Hertha Berlin

Jhon Jáder Durán Envigado <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Rayan Cherki Lyon  (I am NOT at all impressed. cannot believe some still want him here)

Samuel Iling-Junior Juventus

Wilfried Gnonto FC Zürich

Arsen Zakharyan Dynamo Moscow 

9 hours ago, bluesman2610 said:

this says it all for me. They are going to take that astronomical fee they want for Osimhen and buy arguably a better fit for us in their top prospects. I’d take all of those options instead of him.

IMG_0397.jpeg.9b237fb7533050dace64817db0507cf7.jpeg

All of these options will go for a hefty fee too. Close to the 103 million Osimhen will cost. 

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

All of these options will go for a hefty fee too. Close to the 103 million Osimhen will cost. 

Zirkzee and David would be half that. 

David could be gotten on the cheaper side given how poor his team is and in turn created nothing for him to finish this season. 

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

Next Generation 2020: 60 of the best young talents in world football

Thu 8 Oct 2020 01.01 CEST

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2020/oct/08/next-generation-2020-60-of-the-best-young-talents-in-world-football

Jhon Durán was listed

most have not done much

these are the names still mentioned to any real amount

only 3 are approaching or are at WC level players atm, all 3 are AMFs

Jamal Musiala Bayern Munich

Florian Wirtz Bayer Leverkusen

Xavi Simons Paris St-Germain

Benjamin Sesko RB Salzburg

Maurits Kjærgaard Red Bull Salzburg

Fabio Miretti Juventus

Cesare Casadei Inter

Luca Netz Hertha Berlin

Jhon Jáder Durán Envigado <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Rayan Cherki Lyon  (I am NOT at all impressed. cannot believe some still want him here)

Samuel Iling-Junior Juventus

Wilfried Gnonto FC Zürich

Arsen Zakharyan Dynamo Moscow 

Shows the major flaw in going after wonderkids. Those who are good at age-level football or when they are 20 are not necessarily the ones who go on to have a great career. Apart from the very obviously talented ones like Haaland or Mbappe or Jude.

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

Zirkzee and David would be half that. 

David could be gotten on the cheaper side given how poor his team is and in turn created nothing for him to finish this season. 

You’re right. David’s contract expires in 25. 

He’s having a quiet season like Osimhen though.