Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

You what the difference is? a decade ago, Caicedo would've been playing in Ecuador, or in a Brazilian club. Which means, he'd be avail under 30m, which is what the big sales look like for players coming from there (folks like Neymar aside).

Nowadays, however, that movement is accelerated by the moneys at play. Agents, intermediary clubs drive up the prices because they showcase these players at the highest stage early on. That's the brilliant strategy Brighton figured out. They have the power of exposure.

This is one of the times I think folks are wrong to blame the big clubs. This time it's the smaller/intermediary clubs, agents, and their scouting, the ones changing things.

Are we really going to pay 115m for Caicedo?

This is ridiculous, with all the money spent we are likely not even favorite to finish in the top 4.

This feels like post SAF United, where we are just spending without getting better.

Edited by Clockwork

1 minute ago, Clockwork said:

This is ridiculous, with all the money spent we are likely not even favorite to finish in the top 4.

I think we only need too 5 and if we get lavia too I’d bet good money on it 

13 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

You what the difference is? a decade ago, Caicedo would've been playing in Ecuador, or in a Brazilian club. Which means, he'd be avail under 30m, which is what the big sales look like for players coming from there (folks like Neymar aside).

Nowadays, however, that movement is accelerated by the moneys at play. Agents, intermediary clubs drive up the prices because they showcase these players at the highest stage early on. That's the brilliant strategy Brighton figured out. They have the power of exposure.

This is one of the times I think folks are wrong to blame the big clubs. This time it's the smaller/intermediary clubs, agents, and their scouting, the ones changing things.

Main difference is TV revenue. The deals have pumped billions into the game, massively inflating wages, transfer fees, and parasites agents commission

41 minutes ago, We Hate Scouse said:

If we bid less Brighton reject our bid, probably refuse to deal with us anymore and tell Caicedo he either stays or goes to Liverpool...now isn't the time for fucking about. Just get it done.

You really rate this dude mate? 

I'm probably a bit long in the tooth and jaded. He reminds me of Tetley (Tete) had a great season at Norwich we were going to sign him, didn't then he had a shocking 2nd and 3rd season and faded into obscurity...

I genuinely hope I'm wrong though- would love to finish 2nd above Arsenal, shut those mugs up, then they can focus back on battling the spuds to 4th place... I just can't see anyone toppling City. (Haven't checked the results, probably been thrashed by Burnely).

6 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Havent seen this drama since would we get, or wouldnt we get Fernando the Wonder horse off the dippers for 50m

I had a fit we bought Torres

My father ranted so much that he was clearly in decline, even at 27/28 years old

there was chat between Lamps and Gerard a while back and Gerard admitted he was shocked we bought him, that internally they knew he was spiralling down

6 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

You really rate this dude mate? 

I'm probably a bit long in the tooth and jaded. He reminds me of Tetley (Tete) had a great season at Norwich we were going to sign him, didn't then he had a shocking 2nd and 3rd season and faded into obscurity...

I genuinely hope I'm wrong though- would love to finish 2nd above Arsenal, shut those mugs up, then they can focus back on battling the spuds to 4th place... I just can't see anyone toppling City. (Haven't checked the results, probably been thrashed by Burnely).

Stopped watching after Haalands second -re the Ecuadorian, never really watched him and I know you cant judge on Youtube show reels but he does look the bollox. All rounder like Kova but can score a few as well. 

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

I had a fit we bought Torres

My father ranted so much that he was clearly in decline, even at 27/28 years old

there was chat between Lamps and Gerard a while back and Gerard admitted he was shocked we bought him, that internally they knew he was spiralling down

Exactly - the hype and expectation was palpably hysterical -though he sort of redeemed himself v Uefalona, but generally a shadow of his former self

34 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

This feels like post SAF United, where we are just spending without getting better.

It really does feel like post SAF Utd. Esp bc our owners too are clueless Americans. 
The money we spend under the new ownership would have indeed made us favourites for league and CL a few years back. Actually the 1.5b Roman spent on us gave us 5PLs and 2CLs while chopping and changing managers and systems all the way. Since then football economy has inflated even more. Look at the salaries and commercial revenues in NFL and extrapolate this to the 10x popularity of football. Then you know what the future holds in the eyes of Todd and co. That’s why we spend so much on predominantly very young players on endless contracts. By their market expectations these investments will look cheap in the long term if fees get even more inflated. Utd on the other hand also spent loads on players like Varane or Casemiro who were meant to have an immediate impact. 

Edited by Magic Lamps

This will be coined as LFC making us overpay for Moises and we are, if the player would stick to only Chelsea narrative then Brighton would have to accept lower, though they’d drag it out until deadline day Im sure.

The whole debacle is just unreal, the only positive is that players have wised up to Brighton now eg. Kudus 

https://sempremilan.com/cm-milan-caicedo-2m-Chelsea-liverpool

AC Milan had the chance to sign Moises Caicedo three years ago in what would have been a bargain deal, and now he is heading for a nine-figure move.

Caicedo is currently at the centre of a transfer saga involving Chelsea and Liverpool. As per Sky, he has rejected the chance to join the Reds and wants to move to the London club, despite Liverpool agreeing a €120m deal with Brighton.

Brighton set a deadline of midnight on Thursday for bids to arrive and they accepted Liverpool’s offer as it was higher, but when Caicedo was expected to travel to Liverpool for a medical on Friday, he told the Seagulls he wants to honour his word to Chelsea.

“The fee with the club is agreed,” confirmed Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp on Friday. “We will see what that means. We aren’t a club with endless resources and we didn’t expect a couple of things to happen this summer. Then it happened.”

Brighton signed Caicedo for £4.5m (around €5.2m) from Independiente del Valle in 2021, but he could have actually been a Milan player.

According to Daniele Longo, it was back in 2020 that Milan could have signed Caicedo for €2m when the scouting department – led by Geoffrey Moncada – recommended him to Paolo Maldini and Ricky Massara.

The two directors didn’t feel like making that investment at the time and now he will leave Brighton for a figure believed to be around £110m.