Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Given time difference, I imagine by this evening we will hear the latest on Caicedo, which I personally hope is the final and best offer (ala Mount) with scope left for messing around with the structure but not the amount itself. We should probably leave it as an open offer, to give them and ourselves scope to conclude it as late as deadline day. But, if they've not said yes or are making noises that only minor negotiation is needed, we need to be opening talks for backup candidate no.1 by Wednesday at the LATEST.

My guess is we immediately look to agree personal terms with Lavia, but it would be interesting if we were to make a ~£80m bid for Tchou given the Mbappe situation - that would put Brighton / Caicedo under way more pressure as it would mean permanently ending interest in him whereas with Lavia you could argue we'd still be open to getting him.

58 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Given time difference, I imagine by this evening we will hear the latest on Caicedo, which I personally hope is the final and best offer (ala Mount) with scope left for messing around with the structure but not the amount itself. We should probably leave it as an open offer, to give them and ourselves scope to conclude it as late as deadline day. But, if they've not said yes or are making noises that only minor negotiation is needed, we need to be opening talks for backup candidate no.1 by Wednesday at the LATEST.

My guess is we immediately look to agree personal terms with Lavia, but it would be interesting if we were to make a ~£80m bid for Tchou given the Mbappe situation - that would put Brighton / Caicedo under way more pressure as it would mean permanently ending interest in him whereas with Lavia you could argue we'd still be open to getting him.

How do you leave it as an "open offer"?    That makes no sense.   Give them the 80 million including add-ons and if Brighton reject it, good luck to them as they'll have an unhappy player at the club.   Brighton agreed to sell him in this transfer window when a good offer came in, if they want to break their word, that's up to them.  

Just now, Reddish-Blue said:

How do you leave it as an "open offer"?    That makes no sense.   Give them the 80 million including add-ons and if Brighton reject it, good luck to them as they'll have an unhappy player at the club.   Brighton agreed to sell him in this transfer window when a good offer came in, if they want to break their word, that's up to them.  

Just as Man Utd did with us. We don't want to be negative and burn the relationship with Caicedo. We make a great offer and it is there for them to take if they want to. If we end up signing someone else then at that time we tell them / him we are no longer interested. It leaves the door open for Caicedo to pressure them and for them to change their mind, rather than us being seen to have burnt the relationship and walked away from talks.

11 hours ago, Tomo said:

The only reason people even remember Shearer has the record is because he has a platform to remind us all the time.

As much as one trophy is 100x better than that 'honour'.

Not sure, Shearer was about in the PL era. Pretty sure he would be remembered regardless. Additionally, he was a genuine Tier 1 striker in his prime so I think it would be discussed regardless.

Edited by King Kante

I’ve now watched 3-4 Chelsea fan channels’ reactions to the potential Olise signing and you would swear we are about to sign Mbappe or a Vini Jr. They’re all acting like Olise is world class. 

I just simply don’t see it. He’s a very nice player for a small club but I’m not convinced he’s a top player. I’d be very underwhelmed if we get him rather than Cherki or Kudus. Especially if Kudus ends up at Arse or Liverpool instead.

I think the Olise rumours are to keep other teams on their toes and keep plenty of eggs in the basket for us.

The fact we are linked to Olise and Kudus excites me, both very good players and would do a better job than Sterling

19 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

This Mbappe thing to Saudi is fucking outrageous 300ME bid one year offer of 700ME and then leave for Real Madrid 

Thing is he earns around £2m a week at PSG and then has a £100m loyalty bonus coming at the end of the season. 

That is £204m gross for staying where he is and he doesn't need to then negotiate some sort of deal with his his new club/loan club to ensure he gets his move to Real next season. This is important, as Real will likely give him a serious signing on bonus of £100m+. Then you get to the issues of his endorsements. Are they likely to keep paying him if he is playing in Saudi?

Personally, I see him riding out with PSG. Especially as it is now reported the French Players Union is now coming out to bat for him saying that PSG are harassing him. 

PSG brought this all on themselves imo. Mbappe is clearly someone who cannot be trusted.

13 hours ago, Tomo said:

I think it's a non starter now with Mudryk in the team, even if his views are the total opposite to Zinchenko it would be a political/PR nightmare. Imagine if we signed him shortly after doing the game for Ukraine, we would get slaughtered on all angles.

but we were trying to buy him after we already had Mudryk

Zakharyan is not even of Russian descent, he is 100 per cent Armenian (both parents), just like that Ajax AMF

I refuse to blame a 19/20yo kid for Putin's war crime thuggery

Arsen Zakharyan's family comes from Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh), where war between Armenia and Azerbaijan has flared up more than once over the past 30 years. The city of Mardakert is located exactly where the fighting takes place. After the first war, the family decided to move to Russia. The usual story of families who leave to be away from wars and troubles.

“The war has strongly affected our region,” says the football player’s father, Norayr. “Mardakert has always been under fire, it’s terrible and scary… Uncle and aunt still live in their homeland. And we go there every year. Of course, after the war it was difficult, but we got out and began to gradually build our lives anew. Our relatives have been living in Samara for a long time, and they have always helped us.

In Yerevan I graduated from a construction institute, in Samara I started working in my profession. Never left without a job. At a time when the children were running and playing football, I did everything to provide them with a carefree childhood.”

Edited by Vesper

It's crazy money going around.
Do you realize Drinkwater costed us 30 million.
With 30 million I could buy the entire island I 'm in now plus the ships in the harbour.

I stopped and pondered about it for a while.
My frame of reference is the Greek market since I know the details.
In the early sixties the record transfer was 1,100,000 drachmas equal to 13,000 sterling as the rate of exchange was back then.
The player in question was Takis Loukanidis, a Franz Beckenbauer type of midfielder who made history.
With 1,100,000 drachmas my dad could buy 5 houses in a decent neighbourhood. Perhaps not in a neighbourhood like Belgravia but not in an underdeveloped-slum area either - a decent neighbourhood.
Nowadays 13,000 sterling is of course nothing in the football market.
5 million euros or more would be something to talk about with for Greece's football market.
But for the five houses I was talking about I think 300,000 is good enough - make it 500,000 if you like.
So the football money is crazy.

But it's not only for Greece this kind of comparison.
Three-four years ago I saw in the Daily Mail a former royal palace that was out for sale.
Impressive, with gardens etc.
The price ? A mere 7 million quid.

38 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I’ve now watched 3-4 Chelsea fan channels’ reactions to the potential Olise signing and you would swear we are about to sign Mbappe or a Vini Jr. They’re all acting like Olise is world class. 

I just simply don’t see it. He’s a very nice player for a small club but I’m not convinced he’s a top player. I’d be very underwhelmed if we get him rather than Cherki or Kudus. Especially if Kudus ends up at Arse or Liverpool instead.

He is no where near the level of Vini Jr or Mbappe and I've not seen anyone talking like that, but I've made a couple of posts on here about why I am overall positive about the move. He is an assist machine and look at his defensive quality, which apparently no one cares about here but you just KNOW Poch does, he is also pretty rapid. I honestly think with his work ethic and his wizard left foot he would become fan favourite here. I also think he would be first choice set piece taker by quite a way, unless any of the new boys have talents I'm unaware of (possible). My only concern is his injury and whether now is the right moment. I wonder if Gallagher is on his way out if this is actually his replacement in the squad?

image.png.736d40060856080a94850ea9bb38477d.png

Edited by Mhsc