Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Couple of observations reading the last few posts. 

1) Mertens is not a glamorous signing but there are worse options. If the fact of the matter is we have no money, I'll accept it, if it is the club thinking he is one of our best options, I will be worrying. 

2) F*ck Ben Chilwell. I honestly prefer to go with Alonso and Maatsen next year than blow any of the budget on him in this environment. 

3) If either of Pedro or Willian get extended, I would say it would be Pedro. I really cannot see how Willian signs again from here. 

12 hours ago, Jason said:

Not saying that we should go sign Chilwell but he is 4 years younger than Telles. The former has more room for improvement and can still play at a high level for the next 7-8 years at least. Telles would very likely give half of that and he would be a short term signing in some ways because we would then have to go spend and potentially spend big again in 2-3 years. Lampard and the club may see Chilwell as the longer term investment here. 

Yeah fair point....but BC is not as solid as Telles imo. No pun, he is overrated Eng player. Now he might become better once he is here and improve his overall game but for the outlay he looks overrated.

Van de Beek to Chelsea?

Chelsea have now received a great boost on the pursuit of the star. Edwin Van Der Sar is the Chief executive of Ajax and legend for Manchester United. He has now announced that Van De Beek will be available for transfer this coming summer.

He has however stated clearly that the player will be sold at a good fee with no discount. Lampard will have the chance to sign him. He is rated around £60 million. That is big money but Chelsea have the ability to land him. He is also linked to Arsenal, Manchester United and Tottenham as a competitor.

24 minutes ago, jandomi10 said:

Van de Beek to Chelsea?

Chelsea have now received a great boost on the pursuit of the star. Edwin Van Der Sar is the Chief executive of Ajax and legend for Manchester United. He has now announced that Van De Beek will be available for transfer this coming summer.

He has however stated clearly that the player will be sold at a good fee with no discount. Lampard will have the chance to sign him. He is rated around £60 million. That is big money but Chelsea have the ability to land him. He is also linked to Arsenal, Manchester United and Tottenham as a competitor.

I like him but I think it's an area of the pitch that we're well stocked in.

If we're still planning to spend big money this summer I would much rather it be on a number of different areas before midfield.

11 hours ago, King Kante said:

I honestly prefer to go with Alonso and Maatsen next year than blow any of the budget on him in this environment. 

those two as our LB's equals capitulation if we are trying to title challenge at all and also go deep in the CL (even the 'small horse' Mou team of 2013/14 went to the CL semi-finals until we got smashed 1-3 by AM at the Bridge after drawing nil nil at AM)

I am never going to back down about LB until we finally get someone that is at least 70-75% down the road to Ashley Cole level

that position pretty much fucks us every year, save for the Conte title year due to his system, but even then, look at what happend the next season

even in Mou's last title team, that position was oftimes a shitshow (no clue why Mou could not get good play out of Filipe Luís, who was often great at AM before and after he flopped here)

A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE

Chelsea in talks with Italian giants over £35m sale of Sarri signing

https://astamfordbridgetoofar.com/2020/05/08/chelsea-in-talks-with-italian-giants-over-35m-sale-of-sarri-signing/

I call bullshit on that price btw

it is fucking madness to take a £22m loss for a peak level player who is not only far from dogshit, but profoundly strengthens Juve

we will sell Jorginho for 35m, but turn down the same price for dogshit Bats and Marina demands £45m!

or turn down (this is even worse) £45m for dogshit Alonso and Marina demands £55m!!

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

those two as our LB's equals capitulation if we are trying to title challenge at all and also go deep in the CL (even the 'small horse' Mou team of 2013/14 went to the CL semi-finals until we got smashed 1-3 by AM at the Bridge after drawing nil nil at AM)

I am never going to back down about LB until we finally get someone that is at least 70-75% down the road to Ashley Cole level

that position pretty much fucks us every year, save for the Conte title year due to his system, but even then, look at what happend the next season

even in Mou's last title team, that position was oftimes a shitshow (no clue why Mou could not get good play out of Filipe Luís, who was often great at AM before and after he flopped here)

I do not disagree that Alonso and Maatsen wouldn't be great and that we need a LB. However, I am also of the opinion Chilwell is not better than Alonso and probably worse. Therefore, any situation that see us buying Chilwell is bad business.

That said, I am of the opinion that Alonso isn't anywhere near as bad as some people make him out to be. Sure he is real slow, but he also scores and assist at a pretty decent rate for a LB/LWB that doesn't take pens/corners and is probably only 2nd in free kick duties when in the first XI. 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE

Chelsea in talks with Italian giants over £35m sale of Sarri signing

https://astamfordbridgetoofar.com/2020/05/08/chelsea-in-talks-with-italian-giants-over-35m-sale-of-sarri-signing/

I call bullshit on that price btw

it is fucking madness to take a £22m loss for a peak level player who is not only far from dogshit, but profoundly strengthens Juve

we will sell Jorginho for 35m, but turn down the same price for dogshit Bats and Marina demands £45m!

or turn down (this is even worse) £45m for dogshit Alonso and Marina demands £55m!!

Source is rubbish so I wouldn't believe it. Further, is there any reliable source that quoted those figures for Bats and Alonso? I know Palace were interested in Batsh*t in the Summer but I didn't see any reliable sources quote figures. 

34 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I do not disagree that Alonso and Maatsen wouldn't be great and that we need a LB. However, I am also of the opinion Chilwell is not better than Alonso and probably worse. Therefore, any situation that see us buying Chilwell is bad business.

That said, I am of the opinion that Alonso isn't anywhere near as bad as some people make him out to be. Sure he is real slow, but he also scores and assist at a pretty decent rate for a LB/LWB that doesn't take pens/corners and is probably only 2nd in free kick duties when in the first XI. 

I have never been on the Chilwell bandwagon.

I have been saying for ages to sell Alonso (he turns 30yo in December, this is the last year we get shit for him, but COVID-19 has fucked everything up) and especially Emerson

and buy two of the following three

Telles (ridiculously cheap now)

Robin Gosens

Theo Hernandez

if we keep Alonso, and PSG gets Telles

then Theo is the way to go, but I really like Gosens too, he is a younger (turns 26 July 5th) almost as tall version of Alonso, with far better pace

Alaba (for the right price) is a wild card (this is the last year I will advise to buy either Alaba OR Telles as the both turn 28 this year (Telles in December, like me,Alaba on June 24, 2020) 

It is madness to buy fullbacks it they turn 29 or up in the year you buy them. 28 is even pushing things. Fullbacks almost all rapidly fall off once they hit 30yo and up. The exceptions are super rare Jordi Alba is the only remotely great LB over 29yo on the planet, and he has already shown a lot of signs of deline. Azpilicueta is the only decent 30yo and up RB on the planet (and look, his legs are going already, at 30)..

Dani Alves was a genetic freak, but even he washed up a couple years ago, overall, and now is simply not a viable player for any even slightly big Euro club. Even he was 34 when he had his last great year (at PSG) His final year at PSG (35yo) was sub-par, and he quickly left to go play in the shit Brasil leagues.

bonus youth target

Rayan Aït Nouri (turns 19 on June 6th)

8 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

He is leaving to get more playing time but he would just be a sub for us. I think his agent is just creating these headlines.

No place on the bench for him. Even two guys from our current squad (Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, Gilmour, RLC, Mount and Barkley) will not have place.

I think Vitesse?

On 12/05/2020 at 9:15 PM, Vesper said:

Agree completely.

Also Filipe Luis was never given a chance, which is a shame because he was the best all round LB in Europe the season before for Atletico. Looked such a typical Mourinho signing for me, even more so coming from Atletico, okay not the biggest physically but again not exactly a soft player and had real quality in both ends of the pitch. Ivanovic being played every week didnt help.

Ben Chilwell had been awesome for much of the season and people were talking of a world record fee for a fullback. He had a few poor matches before corona and now you guys are acting like he's dogshit. 

I'd still have him in a heartbeat.