Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Appears Mahrez will leave City for Saudi. That’s the first genuinely shocking Saudi move for me. Yes he’s 32, but he still looked really good and could still play at the top level. If not at City then at some other huge club that likes buying older players like the Milan clubs, Juve, or in Spain. Guess since he’s won so much he isn’t bothered anymore so fair play that he’s going for a mega pay day.

Wonder who City are going to replace him with. They’re different players but I hope they stay away from Cherki and leave him to us. Pep would turn him into an unbelievable player by getting some discipline into his game.

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Appears Mahrez will leave City for Saudi. That’s the first genuinely shocking Saudi move for me. Yes he’s 32, but he still looked really good and could still play at the top level. If not at City then at some other huge club that likes buying older players like the Milan clubs, Juve, or in Spain. Guess since he’s won so much he isn’t bothered anymore so fair play that he’s going for a mega pay day.

Wonder who City are going to replace him with. They’re different players but I hope they stay away from Cherki and leave him to us. Pep would turn him into an unbelievable player by getting some discipline into his game.

Maybe they'll offer stupid money to try to turn Bukayo Saka's head. That would be more their style than going for Cherki, I think. 

12 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Maybe they'll offer stupid money to try to turn Bukayo Saka's head. That would be more their style than going for Cherki, I think. 

Just signed a new contract a few weeks ago. Arse probably wouldn’t sell him for Mbappe money at this point since he means so much to the club and fanbase.

Pep will probably get some relatively unknown South American attacker knowing him.

55 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Not shocking when you consider he's Muslim. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

He looked completely done and past it for multiple seasons when he left Southampton. Now he goes to Barca….wtf?

Barca are plain broke. They have been selling their family silver (Future rights) just to get through FFP and avoid a fire sale. However, unlike La Liga, UEFA aren't going to accept their 'levers' so they're almost certain to fail UEFA's FFP in a big way next season. 

On top of this they have also been trying to sell bonds to raise the money to do their stadium development. They budgeted for around 5% interest but have had to accept 6-7.5% due to having their credit rating downgraded. 

Barca are essentially just treading water atm, but the latic acid is starting to kick in. 

All we need is two midfielders and I think we have a great squad to work with. 

Don't have to buy some flash striker now if nothing is available. We've got enough goal threat upfront now with Jackson/Nkunku/Sterling and some others. 

37 minutes ago, Strike said:

Not shocking when you consider he's Muslim. 

Again, the surprising part is how good he still is. Not like he was a rapidly fading force at City. He could’ve stayed in Europe for another 2-3 years and then retired to Saudi on a cushy contract.

38 minutes ago, Thor said:

All we need is two midfielders and I think we have a great squad to work with. 

Don't have to buy some flash striker now if nothing is available. We've got enough goal threat upfront now with Jackson/Nkunku/Sterling and some others. 

there are players coming in who want assurances that more senior players will be hired