Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

I mean, we can’t really force a player to go somewhere he doesn’t want to. But at the same time he can’t force us to accept a laughable price from the one club he want to go to. 

This is the problem with us signing so many average players who THINK they’re stars. When we try to move them on they think they’re too good for these smaller clubs.

When I saw Lyon links I knew there is no chance he would accept to go there over Milan. Tbh he is too big for them.

Also now seeing they have financial problems maybe we just put this news in media so Milan gets more serious.

2 hours ago, bluesman2610 said:

Apparently Gladbach only want €30m for Manu Kone. With reports Klopp wants him to finish his midfield rebuild. Where are these Scot’s that unearth these gems?

We should be in the mix for those fees.

I dont know. He could not start in that France U21 team that Mudryk destroyed last night.

27 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

No more business with Ajax or at least all the warning lights on when doing so please 😂

Unlike that lazy ass Ziyech, Kudus at the bare minimum is a machine in terms of work rate. And he would be the picture perfect replacement for Kova’s play style. 

The fact that Brighton are so keen on him should tell everyone that he’s good. Will probably become a £80m player within a year or two if he moves there.

I know a lot of our fans on Twitter are buzzing about being linked with Cherki and I can see why from a pure talent POV. But the more I watch of him the more I’m skeptical about whether he’s the right player for this current Chelsea team and with Poch as manager. He’s got that same demeanor about him as Ziyech and Hazard do. Like they know their talent is awesome so they don’t really need to try that hard and have great work rate. And those things seem antithetical to the Poch philosophy.

He looks like the sort of pure luxury player you drop into a team like City who are a well oiled machine.

21 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I know a lot of our fans on Twitter are buzzing about being linked with Cherki and I can see why from a pure talent POV. But the more I watch of him the more I’m skeptical about whether he’s the right player for this current Chelsea team and with Poch as manager. He’s got that same demeanor about him as Ziyech and Hazard do. Like they know their talent is awesome so they don’t really need to try that hard and have great work rate. And those things seem antithetical to the Poch philosophy.

He looks like the sort of pure luxury player you drop into a team like City who are a well oiled machine.

He looks ok, just looks very clunky and his touch seems very heavy, also looks very awkward with the ball at his feet, bit it seems to work for him.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

I still maintain that if we’re after a pure, creative luxury player in midfield I’d much prefer Wirtz than Cherki. I know Wirtz’s injury has been mentioned here but he looks WAY more decisive in the final third than Cherki does. He’s an assist and key pass machine whereas Cherki reminds me of Kova. A great dribbler and someone who can carry the ball in tight areas but not someone who decides matches.

Wirtz could be Poch’s new Eriksen.

Just now, Pizy said:

I still maintain that if we’re after a pure, creative luxury player in midfield I’d much prefer Wirtz than Cherki. I know Wirtz’s injury has been mentioned here but he looks WAY more decisive in the final third than Cherki does. He’s an assist and key pass machine whereas Cherki reminds me of Kova. A great dribbler and someone who can carry the ball in tight areas but not someone who decides matches.

Wirtz could be Poch’s new Eriksen.

That's a good shout tbf. Wirtz could really work for us. I can imagine him playing for City in the future.

58 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yeah i think he lacks in acceleration and tempo to sustain the PL. 

Technically he is superb but man it looks like he is running with a parachute attached to him.. 

27 minutes ago, DDA said:

That's a good shout tbf. Wirtz could really work for us. I can imagine him playing for City in the future.

Ironically, the player Wirtz most reminds me of on the ball is a current City player: Phil Foden. 

So long as we have 2 midfielders behind him that are tigerish and mobile like Enzo & Caicedo I think we could afford a creative type in our team. And that’s what Poch had at Spuds.