Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

19 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

Zaha becomes free agent tomorrow i read. 
Worth a shot to give the squad more depth?

Yes should definitely be making an offer, him and Madueke would be perfect balance of youth and experience for RW. But loads of clubs will be offering him so I doubt he'll come here on terms we'll agree to.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/06/30/Chelsea-transfer-analysis-mason-mount-manchester-united/

Both sides will have their story to tell, but there appears to be an acceptance in both camps that contract negotiations between Chelsea and Mount became a mess with talks breaking down more than once before the London club made the bizarre offer of a one-year extension in February.

Whoever thought that the best way to show Mount that he was really wanted would be to effectively ask for another 12 months to see if he was really worth what United, Liverpool and Arsenal were queuing up to pay him should hopefully have learned a lesson through this saga.

No way Matt Law has any relationship with the club anymore: absolutely slamming them on Twitter and in press. Can't trust that he knows a thing about what is going on since the takeover and there is no way the people at the club are feeding him info when he's writing shit like this about them.

3 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/06/30/Chelsea-transfer-analysis-mason-mount-manchester-united/

No way Matt Law has any relationship with the club anymore: absolutely slamming them on Twitter and in press. Can't trust that he knows a thing about what is going on since the takeover and there is no way the people at the club are feeding him info when he's writing shit like this about them.

He (like many English journalists) is a massive Mount fanboy. 

Notice how not a single one of these journalists or pundits on TV mentioned during the season how dreadful Mount was but now that we’re selling him they’re all acting as though we’re letting prime Iniesta walk to a rival.

21 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

I mean the 1 year contract offer kind of made sense. I suppose it was meant to offer a decent wage to Mason and provide everyone with more time to figure things out in terms of a new long-term deal. From what it was written in the media, the initial issue that Mount had was that the contract that was offered to him was on too many years. 

If he really loved Chelsea and wanted to find a way to stay here, he would have accepted the 1 year proposal, and from then some agreement was to be found. He chose the easy way, in a time of transition for his boyhood club. Good luck to him, but he is NOT the victim here. Neither is Boehly or whoever negotiated with him, but it seems that there is a tendency for some journos to make Mason look like the victim.

Edited by Cosmin

53 minutes ago, milka said:

Some truths about Boehly and co . 

This is the same guy that put Mount in his all time Chelsea Xl (even as someone who rates his best version highly that's utterly laughable) and keeps crying how we won't sign established/experienced top class players under this ownership despite doing exactly that 10 days ago.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

And even that it's a overreaction by fans. How many long distance screamers he concedes? Two or three per season. Big deal. Set pieces also, I don't recall we suffered a lot. 

And how many did peak Mendy concede? Genuinely off the top of my head can't recall one.

I thought you'd be the one calling for a new keeper the most as you said you expect a title challenge next season. You can argue Kepa for all his flaws we can still make top four with him but the title? No chance.

7 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Anyone got a good understanding of how we stand in terms of FFP after all these sales? 

I distinctly remember when we were in the midst of our mega spending spree these last two windows and every opposition fan was crying about FFP, there were multiple reliable journalists saying that the club weren’t concerned about breaching it at all. So if we weren’t worried about it then I can’t imagine we are now after we stand to recoup nearly £200m in sales.

17 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Anyone got a good understanding of how we stand in terms of FFP after all these sales? 

We're behind and need another 200 million in sales otherwise we go bankrupt from the sanctions. 

Pulisic and Lukaku are our last hope.