GK: Onana, Krul, 3rd choice homegrown goalkeeper 

RB: Azpilicueta, James 

CB: Christensen, Zouma, Gabriel, Tomori 

LB: Telles, Maatsen, Azpilicueta 

CM: Kante, Kovacic, Jorginho, Loftus-Cheek, Mount, Barkley, Gilmour 

RW/LW Ziyech, Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic, Werner, Mount 

ST: Abraham, Werner 

16 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

So what players exactly have we missed out on that Marina is held responsible? 

Arsenal had a deal struck with Leno before the World Cup even started, whereas we just finished winning the FA cup. You are being pretty critical to suggest the board are fools for not anticipating Courtois to go AWOL when they were doing everything they could to have him extend. 
Clubs knew we were desperate, hence them having all the bargaining power. Were you this critical of Kepa last season when he came third in clean sheets? 

Conte in 2017 - “For me, the midfielders are very important because I need midfielders with specific characteristics. Danny has those.”

Conte also stated how he wanted to directly replace Matic with Bakayoko by easily transitioning him. 

This took a 2 minute google search.  

Well said.

As for Kepa specifically, I was strongly against signing him but that was about value for money and transfer priorities, not about him lacking quality. I simply felt that Marcin Bulka for free, plus £71m extra to spend on outfield players, was much better squad planning than shelling out big for a goalkeeper. I still feel that way. If Frank has genuinely lost faith in our Spaniard then let's pick up a competent keeper from somewhere and focus as much of our budget as possible on other positions.

10 hours ago, shrenshah said:

Telles to psg
Werner to liverpool
Sancho to man utd

Might as well get the ban back
We will end up buying mediocre players again and be stuck in 4th place infinitely...rather we dont spend at all and stick it out with youth
0 killer instincts from the board

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

You honestly think Kovacic, Pulisic and Zyiech are mediocre?

1 hour ago, milka said:

bwy1587467625e.jpg

This moves makes sense only if we are getting at a discount. 

Giving that Barcelona are having a lot of problems right now because of the virus, I gather they would want to sell to raise some cash. 

If this is true is because we are pouncing on an opportunity to buy at a good discount. 

We need to be aware that because of the virus, a lot of clubs will want to sell to raise some cash. And the one who is able to pay up front will benefit greatly. 

Can we win the premiere league with the team we have minus willian, pedro, giroud. 4th would be an achievement next year as well. Not possible even 2-3 years from now when our current crop matures cause other teams will be at a diffrent level alltogether.

Have we as a club reduced our ambitions to just getting 4th???
are we the new arsenal???
seems yes to me right now...

23 minutes ago, shrenshah said:

Can we win the premiere league with the team we have minus willian, pedro, giroud. 4th would be an achievement next year as well. Not possible even 2-3 years from now when our current crop matures cause other teams will be at a diffrent level alltogether.

It's not always about getting the big names, as Liverpool have shown, it's about getting players to suit their system. 

And who will be at a "different level altogether"? City and Liverpool will drop off within the next 2-3 years especially the latter, Jose will set Spurs back years, Arsenal aren't very good, won't spend the money and don't have a very good youth set up, United look on the up but we have a big advantage with the academy boys which are better than there's.

I think our elite prospects naturally growing plus decent recruitment we've seen under Sarri/Lampard and we will build a challenging team.

2 hours ago, shrenshah said:

In addition to what Tomo said above, and leaving aside the Newcastle wild card, I think we have a good chance to improve our competitiveness against all classes of opposition. We have a manager who I believe knows how to pick a player and who, as I suspected he would, seems to have more influence over transfer decisions than any of his recent predecessors.

We may not be top of the food chain for star players, but we have more than enough 'pull' to buy big players, even if we continue to miss out on the big 'names'. For example, for the cost of one relatively cheap transfer we can put together a midfield which I believe would be a match for almost anybody three years from now; Bate, Bellingham & Kovacic. (You read it here first. :))

Even if we miss out on Bellingham, there are other good players. Some of whom are already contracted to Chelsea.

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

I wouldn't call anyone of them mediocre..but I do worry about Pulisic's ability to last an entire season without some kind of injury problem.

In our title winning campaigns, our best players, be it Lampard or Drogba or Hazard, barely missed games.

7 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

I wouldn't call anyone of them mediocre..but I do worry about Pulisic's ability to last an entire season without some kind of injury problem.

In our title winning campaigns, our best players, be it Lampard or Drogba or Hazard, barely missed games.

Tbh as much as I like Pulisic I think Callum's ceiling is higher.