Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Wonder if Saudi league is going to become a legitimate threat to the PL and other top leagues. If they are able to regularly offer salaries that are an order of magnitude larger than here then you’ve got to assume a lot of players will go, and not just players coming to the end of their career.

1 minute ago, Mhsc said:

Wonder if Saudi league is going to become a legitimate threat to the PL and other top leagues. If they are able to regularly offer salaries that are an order of magnitude larger than here then you’ve got to assume a lot of players will go, and not just players coming to the end of their career.

No top players in their prime is going to go there. It’s like a China from years ago where fading or well past their prime stars go for one last mega payday and to sportswash for an authoritarian regime.

Just now, Pizy said:

No top players in their prime is going to go there. It’s like a China from years ago where fading or well past their prime stars go for one last mega payday and to sportswash for an authoritarian regime.

China was doing a good job towards it, many surprising transfers there started to happen before they banned it. What if Saudi doesn’t do the same? Money always wins over time. That’s also why PL has become somewhat dominant over time.

13 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Caicedo cost Brighton 5m. Buying direct from South America is so much cheaper. It's a risk as they dont always settle in Europe, but they can be initially loaned out. Something Brighton are good at, and we should also 

Already did with Santos and Paez

20 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Watch us become stuck with the worst of that triangle going into next season.

Starting every game with his baby giraffe-like touch.

In Germany, he could score some beautiful goals at the end of a run. He wasn't a passer, a tackler, or someone who controls the ball.

I actually watched him a lot in German football He was a modern day Lampard. That role is now a luxury in any top team competing team. His all round football skills are not great. That is why he's struggling.

Since we know Caicedo is going to be a bitch to sign away from Brighton, I wish we would go and get Lavia in the meantime. With Southampton relegated it seems like that’d be a much simpler deal to do. 

At least then we know we have at least 1 class midfielder in case all the others are snatched up.

47 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Since we know Caicedo is going to be a bitch to sign away from Brighton, I wish we would go and get Lavia in the meantime. With Southampton relegated it seems like that’d be a much simpler deal to do. 

At least then we know we have at least 1 class midfielder in case all the others are snatched up.

Only Shields wants Lavia. No one else does. 

Wonder why Nkunku hasn’t been announced, btw. Waiting for the new kit or main shirt sponsor? Kind of insane that one of the world’s biggest and most desirable clubs still doesn’t have a shirt sponsor.

I personally would like to see Zubamendi over Lavia, as I reckon he'd be perfect with what Poch wants to do. 

If we analyse his 2016/2017 tactics, Poch usually has Dier drop in as a sweeper from midfield which allows the full backs to push up and Eriksen to drop in midfield from the wide area. Having Zubamendi will give us another anchor who's good in the transition and will make us defensively strong in midfield. 

GK

Fofana           Colwill

Zubamendi

Caicedo       Enzo

James                             Chilwell

Nkunku     Sterling

ST

20 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I personally would like to see Zubamendi over Lavia, as I reckon he'd be perfect with what Poch wants to do. 

If we analyse his 2016/2017 tactics, Poch usually has Dier drop in as a sweeper from midfield which allows the full backs to push up and Eriksen to drop in midfield from the wide area. Having Zubamendi will give us another anchor who's good in the transition and will make us defensively strong in midfield. 

GK

Fofana           Colwill

Zubamendi

Caicedo       Enzo

Nkunku     Sterling

ST

That’s an interesting set up. 

27 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

GK

Fofana           Colwill

Zubamendi

Caicedo       Enzo

Nkunku     Sterling

ST

I certainly hope Sterling isn't starting games for us next season.

14 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Need a top striker who can score goals - or else it will be a repeat of 22/23

I'm getting the feeling we might end up with Kane (should Ange be eager to get rid of him).

If that were the case, I'm not sure how I'd feel.

Edited by LAM09