Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I don't think there's a good striker right now that I want. Victor is going to be hard especially with Napoli. 

And we have not fare well with strikers from Italy. 

Remember Lukaku killing it at Italy. 

I think Nkunku coming in and if we buy Felix we should be good for now. Let's focus on midfield and selling players this summer. 

5 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I don't think there's a good striker right now that I want. Victor is going to be hard especially with Napoli. 

And we have not fare well with strikers from Italy. 

Remember Lukaku killing it at Italy. 

I think Nkunku coming in and if we buy Felix we should be good for now. Let's focus on midfield and selling players this summer. 

Pretty much this, also need to see what we do with the defense if we sell Koulibaly and Chalobah and what happens with Maatsen.

Edited by TheHulk

2 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Pretty much this, also need to see what we do with the defense if we sell Koulibaly and Chalobah and what happens with Maatsen.

I hope we sell KK but I'm not sure if that is possible with high wages. 

I'm afraid he is stuck with us. We also have Colwill coming back and he is very promising. So yes selling Chalobah will be much easier but I wonder who will want him and how much he will cost. 

Why would we sell KK, he is killing it last couple of games. Everyone wanted Rudiger sold before Tuchel arrival.

Fofana, Badiashile both staying here for long future. KK also staying, you need experienced defenders always. Silva leaving in summer 2024 and will be replaced. Only change in summer Chalobah out 30m, Colwil in from loan. 5 CBs for 3 positions. Plus Cucurella when needed. 

1 hour ago, TheHulk said:

we are not going to be able to sell KK

he is on a 4 year, £295K PW contract

9e3c8e58b98dc73ff4293b86e765d342.png

3 hours ago, Mário César said:

gonçalo will be much expensive 

Every Benfica player will be expensive. Particularly someone who has a goal a game basically at his age. Not to mention he was productive at the WC too.

Edited by OneMoSalah

7 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Every Benfica player will be expensive. Particularly someone who has a goal a game basically at his age. Not to mention he was productive at the WC too.

I don't believe hat he is good enough 

I prefer pay a bit more for Oshimene than pay a little less for Gonçalo 

14 hours ago, Vesper said:

Caqueret is a superb all-round MFer, who can tackle, press, and shift the ball quickly into dangerous areas 

I’m glad some else noticed him as well. When we were going all out for Enzo in January and it looked like we were failing this was a far cheaper option.

16 hours ago, Mário César said:

if Kova leave, we need another midfieldr

so...

a center forward

a midfielder 

and a attack midfielder

in defense, apart from GK, I think we are ok

what do you think?

I think we need only 3 smart buys and sell a lot of deadwood 

We need another MF regardless of selling Kovacic

My thoughts on Mase are that I'd prefer to keep him but it has to be within a bracket that the club deem to be financially acceptable. I don't think he's a player that should be amongst the very top echelon of earners within our squad but I do fear that's where he feels he should be.

Having said the above, I wouldn't be too disappointed if he did leave for the right fee. I think the biggest issue for me with Mount is there are still huge question marks over his best role in the team. I personally believe his game is best suited to play as a number 8 in a midfield 3 but it's currently impossible to really know that as he hasn't really played that position here. That in itself raises question marks over his long term suitability here. If Potter decides to stick with the back 3 which I personally think suits us best then whilst Mount has played a good chunk of his time here in that front 3 in this formation, I think there are better suited players to play there. If Potter long term decides to go with a back 4 then I think it would be a 4-2-3-1 which places Mount as the number 10 and again I think there are better suited options than him in that position. He's not in the team currently, and I think people would struggle to argue his inclusion would immediately make us a better side.

If an offer of £50-60m was put on the table with a year on his contract, and that gave us the flexibility to get another starting quality player in a position of need (striker for example), then I think the club would be silly not to consider this. I'd be furious if we lost him a year later to a rival on a free transfer.

Ironically MM may leave not because h8ers but his biggest fans. Think about it. Guy hit the jackpot playing from Chelsea, living the dream. Starting spot from day one after Championship, many fans favorite not related to football qualities. They also voted him for POTY. I remember watching that Derby side, Tomori POTY for them, long time gone, Wilson was player that most impressed me but he is between bench for worst PL teams and Championship. Mount could have easily be that guy but he had Lamps nursering him. Instead of being so greatful and jumping from happiness all day how lucky he has been he started to believe his own hype and thinking 180k is not good for him. Very ungrateful from him. So yeah, this is partly result of his fanboys who acted like he is new Lampard, better than Foden, new captain, our best player etc... Which none was true but seems he believes it and this is the result. If they acted like they should, accepting him like solid squad player it would not come to this. What exactly separates him from Werner and Pulisic? They all gave us similar output. 

Edited by NikkiCFC

On the one hand, I am 100% certain that Mase will return to his normal form at some point and if he does he’s a huge player to have in the squad. I don’t think this regression he’s had this season is going to last forever. 

But on the other hand, even at his best he’s not as good as either Felix and Nkunku in that area behind the striker. So paying a squad player £200k+ per week is nuts. And I don’t think Mount would tolerate another season of not being in the team anyways.

I really don’t fancy seeing him in a Liverpool or United shirt but if we can get £50m or more for him and he expresses his desire to go I think we take it. I don’t see him making us depressed for years that we let him go in the way Salah & De Bruyne have, but I do think he’ll do very well at either of those clubs.

Odegaard is superior. He wont play there. They already have their Mount in ESR. He won't bench Bruno either. And they may go for Kudus. In City wouldn't make bench. Liverpool is closest to Bellingham. U have free agents like Tielemans, Rabiot. Kovacic same situation as Mount but cheaper. Newcastle and Spurs probably best shot.