Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Jype said:

Read the last paragraph. This rule only counts for domestic loans between English clubs.

If it's true we're looking at the loan market for a midfielder, could it really be anyone other than Kessie or McKennie? Either would be underwhelming.

Yep, you are correct. 

2 hours ago, Jype said:

Read the last paragraph. This rule only counts for domestic loans between English clubs.

If it's true we're looking at the loan market for a midfielder, could it really be anyone other than Kessie or McKennie? Either would be underwhelming.

If that is indeed the case, then I wouldn't be surprised if the loan approach was for Bissouma.

Talk has come up today that we've enquired about him. Obviously Potter knows him well and rates him highly from his time at Brighton where he was an important player in their team under him. Struggling to get game time at Spurs, I could see us possibly eyeing him as a temporary move for now to help plug a gap.

Maybe the new ownership didn't get the memo that some clubs just don't conduct dealings with one another!

27 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I wouldn’t sell Havertz either. Him no longer carrying the burden of being our primary goal scorer will do him wonders. It’s clear now that he’s never going to be a super prolific scorer in the PL. But he’s still a great guy to have as an option in the squad. He’s a good big game player as well who can pop up with important goals.

Pulisic, Ziyech, CHO, Auba can all go. Keep Kai. 

If he cant carry the burden of scoring or assisting goal’s despite playing the majority of his career as an attacking midfielder/number 10/CF here and in Germany then is he really worth keeping? I don’t get it, I mean what’s the point in being an attacking player in this day and age if your not going to score goals or create them? I mean he’s supposed to be a once in a generation talent - the excuses he gets is ludicrous.

Keep him for what? Maybe he should of been a holding midfielder or a centre back if the burden of scoring goals and assisting is too much for him 😂 

“He’s a great guy to have as an option in the squad” Hmm, is he really? He is probably one of the most inconsistent footballers I have ever seen in a Chelsea shirt. I mean once every 3 months he will do something of note before going back to pretending he is an elite level footballer. Actually, tbf one thing I can think of that he has been consistent at is pressing opposition players into a position where they cannot really go anywhere before fouling them.

“Hes a good big game player” When was the last big game he provided something? And when I say something I mean for us seen as the most recent one he did provide something but it was to give away a penalty to Man City. Unless we are classing Chelsea-Palace or Chelsea-Salzburg as big games this season. And even then if he didn't score in either you wouldn’t of noticed he was playing.

I genuinely don’t see how he is any different to any of the other attackers we have/had, in particular Werner, Pulisic and Ziyech. He is clearly not cut out for this level which we aspire to reach. Sell whilst his value is high enough to recuperate some of the £72m we paid for him before its too late. If he cannot deal with the pressures of playing at a club of this level, he should play at a smaller club. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

2 hours ago, DDA said:

Fingers and toes crossed. Get that fraud out and away to Germany.

Feel like he was going to end up at Bayern Munich at some point in his career and from memory our manager at the time didn't even want him as he said Havertz & Mount would occupy similar areas of the pitch...

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

It was very encouraging to read your opinion that Noni is PSV's best since Robben. If anything, he looks more explosive in his final movement to create space and get his shot away. Noni also clearly has super timing and so strikes a ball very, very, cleanly.

For me Arjen was smoother and more heads up when carrying the ball. This made him a triple threat in attacking areas; create space for a strike at goal, dip a shoulder and head towards the goal line to deliver a cross, or pick a pass to a running teammate. Manduke may share this versatility, but I haven't seen it demonstrated as yet. I understand however that you are not claiming the youngster to be on quite the same level as the legend. 🙂

This is exactly the issue. Ajax may be particularly aware of Noni's propensities, but I'm sure you'll agree that all opponents will have some knowledge of them. What he wants to do will show up glaringly when sides watch film in preparation to face him. They'll be ready for him so, as you say, it will come down to whether or not they can stop him. If he remains predictable stopping him can only be easier than it would be if he was less predictable, if he had more strings to his bow. 🙂

salah does exactly the same thing & scored 40 odd the other season. just saying knowing what he may do & stopping him are two different things if he's good enough. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

21 hours ago, TheHulk said:

We bought Badiashile who hopefully is a decent recruit. Colwill is waiting in the wings and looks brilliant and won rave reviews after his performance against Liverpool last week. Hopefully Fofana gets back to his best when he gets back and hopefully stays fit. Silva still has at least another year in him judging by his performances. We should not be overspending on Gvardiol when we have such talented players in his position. Especially if long term goal is to go to 4 at the back, we need to not spend excessively on players where we already have gems from our academy who are tailor made for that position. Save the money and spend elsewhere.

Typical Bayern to poach back a failed bundesliga export with world class potential.

Kai would definitely tear it up in Bundesliga again. Esp at Bayern every attacking player performs and scores tons vs all those poor sides. Look at average duds like Choupo Moting scoring for fun for them. They have an army of attacking talent making runs and pumping balls into the box. There is nothing like scoring vs poor defenses to get your confidence up and then deliver in the CL well rested.

Kai's struggles here are mostly down to him not having the time&space he had in Bundesliga and his frail body simply being unfit for the physicality of the PL. In Bundesliga where most defenders are comparatively weak&slow and every shove is a foul he will be well protected. He could play in his preferred second striker role for Bayern as a successor to Thomas Müller.

SKRINIAR TELLS INTER HE WILL NOT SIGN NEW CONTRACT

https://football-italia.net/skriniar-tells-inter-he-will-not-sign-new-contract/

h_57392952-703x400.jpg

According to Sky Sport Italia, Milan Skriniar has now informed Inter he will not sign the new contract proposal, so is open to evaluate all the other options.

The decision had been in the air considering the €6m plus add-ons proposal was on the table for several weeks with no response.

That does not mean that Skriniar is certainly leaving as a free agent when his current deal expires on June 30, however.

He has informed the club that at this moment he will not be signing the new contract proposal from Inter and will take some time to consider all the other options from different clubs.

Paris Saint-Germain have already offered significantly more, practically doubling the salary that Inter can stretch to, while Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea and more are also interested in his future.

Skriniar will now listen to the proposals and see what is out there before deciding what to do.

It is nonetheless a huge blow for Inter, who turned down offers from PSG reaching over €60m in the summer, as they were confident Skriniar would sign a new contract.

The club has made it clear this salary is the maximum they can offer and the contract will not be improved.

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

SKRINIAR TELLS INTER HE WILL NOT SIGN NEW CONTRACT

https://football-italia.net/skriniar-tells-inter-he-will-not-sign-new-contract/

h_57392952-703x400.jpg

According to Sky Sport Italia, Milan Skriniar has now informed Inter he will not sign the new contract proposal, so is open to evaluate all the other options.

The decision had been in the air considering the €6m plus add-ons proposal was on the table for several weeks with no response.

That does not mean that Skriniar is certainly leaving as a free agent when his current deal expires on June 30, however.

He has informed the club that at this moment he will not be signing the new contract proposal from Inter and will take some time to consider all the other options from different clubs.

Paris Saint-Germain have already offered significantly more, practically doubling the salary that Inter can stretch to, while Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea and more are also interested in his future.

Skriniar will now listen to the proposals and see what is out there before deciding what to do.

It is nonetheless a huge blow for Inter, who turned down offers from PSG reaching over €60m in the summer, as they were confident Skriniar would sign a new contract.

The club has made it clear this salary is the maximum they can offer and the contract will not be improved.

I don't think we are in for a CB any time soon with colwill coming back, we have fofana KK colwill the Monaco lad Chala Silva.

I know other clubs can control the leakage of information bit better, but do we have any views of anyone actually leaving?

It's getting crowded AF and it may be a tactic to let the unwanted players know they won't play as there is 5 new players on their position, but if we are gonna wait until summer, it means garage sale prices as the clubs will be aware we are even more desperate, than when buying. Meanwhile Jorgi is being offered a new contract, Dave has no replacement, Puli is hardly going anywhere in his condition I guess, Bayern trolling us about CHO had shut up, Zyiech has last chance to capitalize on WC games (doubt Tottenham direction is very serious) and Auba is hardly going anywhere. So what's the plan?

7 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

I know other clubs can control the leakage of information bit better, but do we have any views of anyone actually leaving?

It's getting crowded AF and it may be a tactic to let the unwanted players know they won't play as there is 5 new players on their position, but if we are gonna wait until summer, it means garage sale prices as the clubs will be aware we are even more desperate, than when buying. Meanwhile Jorgi is being offered a new contract, Dave has no replacement, Puli is hardly going anywhere in his condition I guess, Bayern trolling us about CHO had shut up, Zyiech has last chance to capitalize on WC games (doubt Tottenham direction is very serious) and Auba is hardly going anywhere. So what's the plan?

I think they are trying to get rid of this rotten core that is player power at this club, bring alot of young lads in GP can mould into a team and hopefully get rid of the shite, I can see the summer been busy for outgoings, maybe even contracts ripped up, who knows. People said can Graeme potter handle the egos? Does he have to? By the looks of it the plan is get rid of the lot and start fresh 🤣🤣 

4 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I think they are trying to get rid of this rotten core that is player power at this club, bring alot of young lads in GP can mould into a team and hopefully get rid of the shite, I can see the summer been busy for outgoings, maybe even contracts ripped up, who knows. People said can Graeme potter handle the egos? Does he have to? By the looks of it the plan is get rid of the lot and start fresh 🤣🤣

We don't  really have player power anymore this isn't 2011. Arguably only mount and James and they aren't going to be sold