Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

6 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Interesting how market works.. 6 months ago, this guy played in Argentina, wasn't even NT member, Benfica bought him for 10 million. Now we are ready to pay 100-120 million which would mean tons of playing time for hime. 

Last summer, we payed 40 million for Casedei and Chukwuemeka. Why we didn't sign Enzo back then? Aren't we scouting in South America? He was available for 10.. If we signed him, he would probably on loan now, not even make it into national team. 

Tbf, I remember seeing people on Twitter saying at the time that Benfica were getting a huge steal for what they payed. It’s not like he was an average player who just exploded overnight. From what I’ve read he’s been a super talent for a bit but because of extreme financial difficulties in Argentina they sold him for cheap.

31 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Interesting how market works.. 6 months ago, this guy played in Argentina, wasn't even NT member, Benfica bought him for 10 million. Now we are ready to pay 100-120 million which would mean tons of playing time for hime. 

Last summer, we payed 40 million for Casedei and Chukwuemeka. Why we didn't sign Enzo back then? Aren't we scouting in South America? He was available for 10.. If we signed him, he would probably on loan now, not even make it into national team. 

This is the real mystery in all of this. He has not changed much from 6 months ago surely, if at all.

38 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

I'm guessing Benfica sorted the deal out before our new ownership got their feet under the table.

Also the "10m to 100m plus" narrative is a bit misleading, Benfica got him so cheap because the Argentine peso is totally fucked, Palmeiras got 70m for Endrick and Brazil don't exactly have a strong economy, under normal circumstances Enzo would have cost around that to even get from River.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I'm guessing Benfica sorted the deal out before our new ownership got their feet under the table.

Also the "10m to 100m plus" narrative is a bit misleading, Benfica got him so cheap because the Argentine peso is totally fucked, Palmeiras got 70m for Endrick and Brazil don't exactly have a strong economy, under normal circumstances Enzo would have cost around that to even get from River.

Which makes sense why Brighton and Man City are trying to tap into the Argentine market. 

4 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

This is the real mystery in all of this. He has not changed much from 6 months ago surely, if at all.

I read that Benfica got him on the cheap because the Argentinian peso is destroyed. Otherwise he would cost about the same as Endrick did.
Enzo wasnt nobody 6 month ago he was followed by most elite clubs. But as pointed out in the post you replied to, most elite clubs wouldnt stick him in the starting line up and would have hindered his development if they bought him. 

This is where clubs like Benfica fullfils a function where they can afford to buy players on potential and develop them in a environment not to different from the absolut biggest clubs. 

This is also the reason why Boehy & Co are looking to buy a smaller club so Chelsea can buy these elite prospect, develop them on our terms and then reap the reward for pennies. 

I'm starting to think €120m may be abit too much you know. 

But then I guess City paid 100m for Grealish. Soo...

No idea if the above is true or not, but if it is the case then it's a huge loophole Chelsea are exploiting and would further explain why they're looking to invest so heavily in younger players without the concern of FFP constraints.

Would be amazed if it's allowable, but you never know with UEFA/FIFA.

Edited by Superblue

3 minutes ago, Superblue said:

No idea if the above is true or not, but if it is the case then it's a huge loophole Chelsea are exploiting and would further explain why they're looking to invest so heavily in younger players without the concern of FFP constraints.

That makes sense because any money spent on Youth Development isn't included. 

However, I still don't believe the Youth Development definitions mean player purchases, rather building on the youth infrastructure. 

It’s certainly a pretty massive overpay for a player in his position but when you consider his age, his potential to improve even further, and our current poor position in the league it was always going to take an offer that’s sky high. I’d say he’s probably a £65-80m player under normal circumstances after the start he’s had at Benfica and the World Cup.

What’s most important is that he’s the type of midfielder that can be what we’ve been crying out for for years. Someone who is hard as nails, super mobile, while not sacrificing technical ability and incredible passing. He’s essentially the perfect CM if he settled in the PL. He’s the sort of midfielder that supporters or Chelsea, United, City, Liverpool, and Arse have been desperate to sign for ages. 

7 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

That makes sense because any money spent on Youth Development isn't included. 

However, I still don't believe the Youth Development definitions mean player purchases, rather building on the youth infrastructure. 

Wouldn't be surprised if transfer fees are included also, but cannot see it extending through to 21 year olds. 

It'll be interesting though at what stage something like that would stop. Would it be anything under 18. It does make you wonder how some of our purchases of younger players in the summer were accounted for.

17 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

If Kante extends and puts his injuries behind, get back to his top form would be interesting to see him with Enzo. 

Caicedo would be perfect alongside Enzo with Nkunku at CAM. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue