Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I for one am happy we are renewing Jorgi and Kante. They are both quality players and can provide depth even when the new generation comes in. Kante might even accept a lower wage to stay because he loves the club and brings a great personality. Jorgi, although not the best DM for the prem, is an excellent depth option in games where we control most of the possession. 

A midfield 3 of Enzo, Caicedo and Mount can boss most teams and we would have depth in Jorgi, Kante and Kovacic.

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I simply disagree he has entirely wasted his career.

I think he means just because he chose to play in a farmers league like Hakimi. You can't argue with his achievements but Ligue 1 will never be like winning the Prem. I doubt PSG win CL anytime soon, City are also gunning for it.

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Talk about a player that's completely wasted his career. 

At least Thiago Silva managed to get out in time to save his. 

I am sorry but this is one of the worst takes I’ve ever seen. Ever.

Firstly, Thiago Silva - he won next to NOTHING in Italy, Brazil, Portugal and Russia prior to going to Paris. Then won 23 trophies there. Paris enhanced his career if anything in terms of winning trophies. So it hardly saved his career leaving, if anything it took his career to the next level making the move.

Verratti also close to being one of the most decorated Italian football players of all time with around 30 domestic trophy wins as well as winning the Euros at international level so again, to say a career wasted particularly playing for Paris, couldn't be further wrong. Was playing in Serie B also prior to the move.

Just an extremely arrogant take, yes Ligue 1 isn't outstanding team for team but look at the players who play there and have played there in the last 10 years. I think a lot of players see Paris as a much more attractive option than most PL teams barring City and Liverpool too. And its hardly a surprise either, look at their squad, how many trophies they win. Players want to win. And in Paris they win.

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

tell that to Mbappe, Neymar, Messi, Marquinhos, Donnarumma, Hakimi, Nuno Mendes, etc

Donnarumma I do not rate that highly as he went from farmer league to farmer league. Neymar and Messi already proved their worth at Barca and are collecting their fat paycheck. Hakimi is undoubtedly the best RB in the world apart from maybe James.

6 minutes ago, milka said:

Man It's the hope that kills you. Has to be the most expensive Premier League signing if this happens surely? 

If true Benfica would be mad to turn this down given they are what, generating a 1000% profit? Fernandez' stock will never be this high.

12 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

Donnarumma I do not rate that highly as he went from farmer league to farmer league. Neymar and Messi already proved their worth at Barca and are collecting their fat paycheck. Hakimi is undoubtedly the best RB in the world apart from maybe James.

Serie A is not a farmers league, EOS

I have seen every league but the EPL called a farmers league, including Serie A, the Bundesliga, La Liga, and Ligue 1

pure arrogance and Anglo-chauvinism

25 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Man It's the hope that kills you. Has to be the most expensive Premier League signing if this happens surely? 

If true Benfica would be mad to turn this down given they are what, generating a 1000% profit? Fernandez' stock will never be this high.

these do not count add-ons, as the Eden transfer was FAR higher, we ended up getting around €150m or so (£137m) The only major add-on he missed was for winning the Ballon d'Or, which of course, he never came close to there

Coutinho was higher too than listed

the only 2 in the top 15 that panned out for the amount paid was Mbappe and then CR7 to Real Madrid

fd376b02d601e19d1634e3ec7b1ef7be.png

Edited by Vesper