Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 minute ago, DDA said:

Just saw R.Leaos goals I nthe Milan Derby. 

Everyone will be after him next summer. 

Another one bites the dust.

Got Real Madrid for £100m+ written all over him. He’ll be their consolation for failing to get Mbappe.

13 minutes ago, DDA said:

Just saw R.Leaos goals I nthe Milan Derby. 

Everyone will be after him next summer. 

Another one bites the dust.

He's already at a price point which doesn't leave many options though.

I cannot see Barcelona being in position to go for him. 

PSG seem to be going down a different route now and would have to move Neymar on to make way for him.

Doubt United will after their investments in Sancho and Antony over the last 2 summers.

Liverpool unlikely to commit to that fee and if they did, they won't commit to both him and Bellingham for those sort of fees.

Bayern have just signed Mane so unlikely.

City possibly but they already have the likes of Grealish and Foden operating there.

Madrid are probably the most likely but even then they have Vinicius playing in the same position unless one operated from the right hand side.

If the talk is going to be £100m or more, I don't see massive competition for him in all honesty. Whether we would be prepared to drop that sort of transfer fee when we still need to sort our midfield and potentially keep tabs on our striking options for next summer I'm not sure. I don't like spending huge sums on a player because they regularly don't work out here!

8 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

He's already at a price point which doesn't leave many options though.

I cannot see Barcelona being in position to go for him. 

PSG seem to be going down a different route now and would have to move Neymar on to make way for him.

Doubt United will after their investments in Sancho and Antony over the last 2 summers.

Liverpool unlikely to commit to that fee and if they did, they won't commit to both him and Bellingham for those sort of fees.

Bayern have just signed Mane so unlikely.

City possibly but they already have the likes of Grealish and Foden operating there.

Madrid are probably the most likely but even then they have Vinicius playing in the same position unless one operated from the right hand side.

If the talk is going to be £100m or more, I don't see massive competition for him in all honesty. Whether we would be prepared to drop that sort of transfer fee when we still need to sort our midfield and potentially keep tabs on our striking options for next summer I'm not sure. I don't like spending huge sums on a player because they regularly don't work out here!

I think he'll either end up at City or Madrid. The latter seems more probable, and despite Vini playing in a similar position, I could see Leao starting to play more centrally to fill the void that will be left whenever Benzema calls time.

Oh Dear!!

This guy doesn't paint himself a very good light but I guess it's kind of refreshing to see somebody have the balls to try and out the media mafia in their place albeit a poor attempt.

27 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

He certainly has the tools to play at LB and, as ludicrous as it is to say £110m later, I don't think we've settled the LB/LWB situation.

there are only 3, maybe 4 LBs on planet who would be upgrades over what we have

Alphonso Davies  impossible
Andrew Robertson   impossible
Theo Hernández the only of the 4 who is remotely possible, but will cost at least £65-70m
Nuno Mendes   perhaps, but also impossible

José Gayà is not automatically an upgrade at all, but unless he renews, he is a free, although he will end up at Citeh, Real, or Barca if he is a free hit

Gvardiol at LB would be a big waste IMHO, and we soon will lose Thiago more than likely, KK may well age out, and IF Colwill is not the answer, we DESPERATELY need to sign Gvardiol as we need a lefty CB badly

IF Skriniar renews and Bastioni doesn't leave (super likely he stays) then Gvardiol is the only WC CB on the board left who is actually available, not joking, unless some of the 6 below go to that level this year, or you count one or two in the ''lesser' group of 8 below

these are my 6  young guns (only 2 are lefties)

these all COULD go WC

Jurrien Timber
Pierre Kalulu (smaller, super fast CB, like Timber, he and Tomori are the fastest CB pair on the planet atm)
Armel Bella-Kotchap   (I think he has absolute EPL monster level potential, perhaps the most of any in these 6, he may well be a Rudiger 2.0, potentially even better)
Gonçalo Inácio LEFTY
Evan Ndicka  LEFTY
Mohamed Simakan

plus these 8 lesser ones IMHO

(and very few lefties in there, only Laporte (2023 is last summer I am interested due to age) Pau Torres (not sold on him), and Kimpembe, who already turned us down, and next summer is also the last as well, due to age)

Pau Torres (not sold on him)
José María Giménez (a month older than Skriniar, so exact same age situe, PLUS he was a poor injury record, so NO after next summer, and even next summer I do not want him)
Aymeric Laporte  (marginal in terms of big spend, as he turns 30yo at the end of next season)
Presnel Kimpembe  (next summer is the last time he is on my justifiable buy list, due to age)
Edmond Tapsoba (not really sold)
Robin Le Normand  (I would take him before Pau Torres tbh, and would be half the price)
Merih Demiral (surprised no team grabbed him)
Maxence Lacroix (if he doesn't rebound this season, he is off my lists)

plus a tonne of youth dice rolls (none of whom are 'OMG grab him now!' level atm

see those here:

36 minutes ago, Vesper said:

oh, ffs, Citeh have a buyback on Gavin Bazunu too, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

7cc89f78f080ed31fdddfbb7e17c9c8d.png793 bilder, fotografier och illustrationer med Gavin Bazunu - Getty Images793 bilder, fotografier och illustrationer med Gavin Bazunu - Getty Images

What about Meslier? Doesn't have the Mendy wing span but really good with his feet. Only thing - Slonina in few years looks like he will challenge

18 minutes ago, Strike said:

What about Meslier? Doesn't have the Mendy wing span but really good with his feet. Only thing - Slonina in few years looks like he will challenge

we should loan Slonina to Leicester as soon as he comes here in January

I think he could be fully ready to go by summer 2024

I am open to Meslier btw

We should hijack Diego Costa, at lest for him to join our coaching squad.

Talk is good, but this knobhead invading training ground in paintball-guns equipped golfcart it would surely do better in terms of spirits correction.

Never thought I'd say it, but we really lack some explosive personality. 

Edited by Vegetable

Just now, Vegetable said:

We should hijack Diego Costa, at lest for him to join our coaching squad.

Talk is good, but this knobhead invading training ground in paintball-guns equipped golfcart it would surely do better in terms of spirits correction.

Diego Costa.. coaching squad? Really?

3 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Diego Costa.. coaching squad? Really?

Nah, I'm joking obviously, but I feel loss of Rudiger (and maybe Zouma) hurts as more in terms of dressing room character, not pure skill.

Apparently footballers are more sustainable to this kind of language, than Tuchel trying philosophical Mourinho on them 

Edited by Vegetable