Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

4 hours ago, Mac lean said:

Fofana is injury prone idiot ? Ok stay with azpi at the back .

where did I say that?

2 posts total and already shit stirring?

curious

pro-tip: I have been one of the biggest Azpi out people here for last 2 years

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Not here to debate whether that was a good window or not but the spotlight now shines so heavy on TT and to start getting this team producing miles better results.

He's got 3 games IMO or he will be gone.

He won't be sacked even with a worst performance. We are no more under Abramovich. U cannot buy players recommended by a coach with so much money and sack him bcos of poor results. Not everyone does business that way. Klopp wouldn't have succeeded if that is how Liverpool management judged things.

31 minutes ago, maxlev said:

He won't be sacked even with a worst performance. We are no more under Abramovich. U cannot buy players recommended by a coach with so much money and sack him bcos of poor results. Not everyone does business that way. Klopp wouldn't have succeeded if that is how Liverpool management judged things.

Klopp also hasn't finished lower than 4th since the 15-16 season and he broke the Liverpool winning PL curse.  Most of their big signings like Alisson, Van Dijk have paid off. 

If Tuchel finishes outside top 4 this season with the amount of money spent, questions will definitely be raised.  The club has backed him with these signings, there's even rumors that the club wanted Ronaldo to spearhead the new ownership this season but Tuchel declined and was persistent in wanting Aubameyang...even though he was let go on a free by our local rivals. 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

where did I say that?

2 posts total and already shit stirring?

curious

pro-tip: I have been one of the biggest Azpi out people here for last 2 years

I don't think Azpi should be booted out - but he definitely needs to be a backup option and not a regular in the team.

Whatever people think of him, he was a bargain and consistently puts in a 6/7 performance week in week out. He was never the fastest and now his legs have gone. 

Just hope TT gets a grip on the squad and doesn't lose the dressing room.

5 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Not here to debate whether that was a good window or not but the spotlight now shines so heavy on TT and to start getting this team producing miles better results.

nah there is no more roman, he will get more time.

6 hours ago, Mac lean said:

If he says that fofana isn’t a good signing I am human sometimes I lose the control . 

The best young cb in Europe and he is injury prone ?

where did I say that?

I never once said he was injury prone

also, I am a cis gender female, not male

5 hours ago, Special Juan said:

No chance he's got 3 games or he'll be gone.

The board have leaned so heavily on him to get them through this transfer window that they will give him time, I think so long as we don't completely fall off a cliff he'll be here until the end of the season. It's easy to say 'this isn't Roman' but ultimately we're in unchartered territory and have no idea what patience the new ownership will have. I understand from his interests in other sports teams that Boehly thinks highly of a settled structure and longevity in a project but on the flipside the pyramid and structure of English football is completely different and far more rewarding of success than American sports. I do think though for this season the only thing that would go against Tuchel is if the fans turn on him if things aren't going well and whilst there will always be murmurs of discontent with anyone, I think that stock for him is still high and he has the credit in the bank that someone like Sarri didn't have for example.

I probably wouldn't be currently as receptive as I might have been previously to handing him a long term deal for now though. That is something that can be revisited later in the season, hopefully just leaving him now to fully concentrate on the group he knows he now has for the very least to January will be a positive.

11 minutes ago, Mac lean said:

😍 boehly and Clearlake capital masterclass .Respect 🙏🏻

Cannot say I would've gone about it the way they have, but they certainly put their money where their mouth is. 

1 hour ago, Muzchap said:

I don't think Azpi should be booted out - but he definitely needs to be a backup option and not a regular in the team.

Whatever people think of him, he was a bargain and consistently puts in a 6/7 performance week in week out. He was never the fastest and now his legs have gone. 

Just hope TT gets a grip on the squad and doesn't lose the dressing room.

well, he cannot be booted now, but he should have been replaced

when it looked like we were for sure going to buy Gordon, I sorta comforted myself as the club was looking at him as not just a winger but a RWB too, a role I think he might be great in as a part timer. He does have mad pace, so imagine him coming on the pitch with 25, 30 minutes to go and running at all those tiring legs

plus there was my standard reply for a trad RB/RWB: Joakim Mæhle, who would have been FAR cheaper

4 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Cannot say I would've gone about it the way they have, but they certainly put their money where their mouth is. 

I still have not fully digested the window

very complicated (of course, we are Chelsea, the most complicated big club on the planet, lol, with Manure trying their best to catch up)

I do demand that Tuchel show more IMAGINATION, lawd knows he has a tonne of options now to come up with something effective

look at what Graham Potter does, and he loses class players all the time, but finds workarounds

Edited by Vesper