Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

I'm happy with the transfers but I was quietly hoping to see a proper winger come through the door with Auba...

I would have liked to see,

Zaha Auba Sterling 

Oh well. At least we have a striker now and DM.. if Zakaria can find the form from his time in the Bundesliga, we will have a decent player on our hands.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Saul is one of the most perplexing utter collapses (started long before we loaned him) in recent history

went from WC to utter shit at a prime age, and no real injuries involved

I have no explanation for it at all, none, zero

I think it is quite clear he suffers with depression and anxiety. 

Assuming there's no last minute problem with Auba and Zakaria, I'm pleased overall with the window.

Fofana and Cucurella are big investments and probably a bit too much paid for both but ultimately the four first team players we'd already bought I think are strong and improve the group. The two today may well be short term but they fill needs in the squad with huge commitments and I just have this feeling that both are coming in with fairly low expectations which usually bodes well for Chelsea.

There's still work to do but it was never going to happen fully in one window. The next step will be for the ownership to pick a world class director of football to lead the next step, and in between now and the next window some contract decisions need to be made (the likes of James and Mount being tied down long term for starters).

Difficult to put a rating on the window. On the face of it, I'd probably say about 7.5 - 8/10. But we could look back on this window in a couple of years time and think it was a 10/10 if a couple of the younger players develop. The US keeper looks very promising from clips I've seen. Some of the players we've been able to move out permanently (finally) is a big positive too.

Guess it was a step too far for us to get rid of all the deadwood since it looks like sadly Batshuayi’s move to Forest has collapsed. But getting Barkley, Drinkwater, and Kenedy off the books in recent months is great.