Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Great, another after major injury  .

I can't help but feeling that for every deadwood player we managed to release finally, we got new one this transfer window.

300 mill yet stop gap transfer. I am fairly pessimistic, if we get another Saul in the midfield, the only way we can play CL next season is by winning it.

1 hour ago, xPetrCechx said:

🚨 EXCLUSIVE: Denis Zakaria having medical in Turin after Chelsea reached agreement with Juventus to take 25yo Switzerland int’l on loan with option to buy. Personal terms no problem. All being well with checks, midfielder joining #CFC @TheAthleticUK #Juve

Two years ago I'd have been very pleased with this but the fact that it hasn't worked for him at Juve is discouraging. Let's see what we see.

58 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Not quite sure how the rules work, but if Barcelona released Depay from his contract then as a free agent does that mean that he could be signed outside of the transfer window? Or because he's already been registered this season with Barca, is there a prevention from something like that happening?

if he is outright released and the contract terminated, he can be signed outside the window as a free agent (Bosman rule)

3 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Two years ago I'd have been very pleased with this but the fact that it hasn't worked for him at Juve is discouraging. Let's see what we see.

Juve makes many good players look poor (and poor players look better, as does all of Serie A) so do not put TOO much stock into that

As someone already mentioned, I can take solace in the fact that both Kulu and Bentancur looked bang average for Juve and were laughed at and questioned when Spuds bought them. Now they’re two of Conte’s best and most important players. So just because someone doesn’t look great in Italy they can turn things around.

At least it’s a low risk loan. We now have to pray that he doesn’t look like a terrified seal thrown into a pool of sharks like Saul did last season. If nothing else at least Zakaria is a massive physical presence and shouldn’t be bullied.

8 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Juve makes many good players look poor (and poor players look better, as does all of Serie A) so do not put TOO much stock into that

Agreed, only in recent times we've seen the likes of Bentancur, Kulusevski and Cancelo come over here and look significantly better than at Juventus. Would not be surprised to see Arthur look a much better player at Liverpool too.

It's definitely a risk because his poor form at Juventus has also nearly coincided with his return from his serious injury so is it Juventus, the injury or a mixture of both.

Like Saul though, this is short term and low risk. If he's a success then we buy him next summer at what will look a very reasonable price (rumours are suggesting buy option is around 30m euros), if he doesn't work out then he goes back and we look for someone else next summer when we have more time and hopefully a director of football in place pulling those strings. 

For me this deal is a significantly safer one than sinking 35-40m on Alvarez or Sangare.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

As someone already mentioned, I can take solace in the fact that both Kulu and Bentancur looked bang average for Juve and were laughed at and questioned when Spuds bought them. Now they’re two of Conte’s best and most important players. So just because someone doesn’t look great in Italy they can turn things around.

At least it’s a low risk loan. We now have to pray that he doesn’t look like a terrified seal thrown into a pool of sharks like Saul did last season. If nothing else at least Zakaria is a massive physical presence and shouldn’t be bullied.

thank you, this is what I was trying to say above

Serie A is strange, as it is the only league other than the EPL where many good players can look shit and shit players look good

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

only downside to Auba for this season is his tragic broken jaw

but I am not going to go negative from the start

I think he still has something to offer

I agree. Just an experienced strikers instinct to be where he should be in the box to get on the end of things could well prove a blessing because we don't even have that as a profile currently in our squad.