Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

12 minutes ago, Strike said:

He was on low wages at Barca - it was supposed to increase this summer. Hopefully club have got him to agree to reasonable wages.

Haaland and Nunez aside, was there any striker available in the summer who was in their prime and was a proven pick?

There’s an extreme lack of traditional world class strikers in Europe right now. Even if we had another £100m to spend on one like we did with Lukaku we wouldn’t be getting a sure fire, risk free player. 

Osimhen is really the only name I can think of that people are hyping up as the next highly sought after #9 that the big clubs will be after. 

16 minutes ago, Strike said:

He was on low wages at Barca - it was supposed to increase this summer. Hopefully club have got him to agree to reasonable wages.

Haaland and Nunez aside, was there any striker available in the summer who was in their prime and was a proven pick?

We have many stop gaps in the past and wages are always the problem. Hard to get rid of them. 

At least take a change on someone younger like Jonathan David. Or pay the money for someone like Victor Osimhen. 

Just now, Pizy said:

There’s an extreme lack of traditional world class strikers in Europe right now. Even if we had another £100m to spend on one like we did with Lukaku we wouldn’t be getting a sure fire, risk free player. 

Osimhen is really the only name I can think of that people are hyping up as the next highly sought after #9 that the big clubs will be after. 

Osimhen is overhyped a lot imo, what has he done to justify the enormous pricetag? 14 goals in Serie A, his best ever season so far, I expect double figures of a 100m target. 

2 minutes ago, Fernando said:

We have many stop gaps in the past and wages are always the problem. Hard to get rid of them. 

At least take a change on someone younger like Jonathan David. Or pay the money for someone like Victor Osimhen. 

Both have contracts till 2025. Don't think a move was on the cards this summer other than for silly money.

1 minute ago, Blue Armour said:

You say stop-gaps, but our so call stop gaps seem to demand a lot of playing time, disrupt our playing style and create a toxic dressing room.

This is like Lukaku all over. We want chances to be finished while forgetting how those chances are made 

Lukaku was clearly bought as a longer term option and assumed to be THE striker at the club to just slot in and be a regular starter.

I agree that you don't want someone coming in and automatically assuming they are going to be playing week in week out but we don't know how Aubameyang fits if he does come here. 

At least in this situation, we already know that Tuchel loves the player and has an excellent relationship with him so currently all we can do really with this one is trust his judgement. 

19 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Clearly no one on the market that we are prepared to commit to and a David or Osimhen would be significantly worse than Aubameyang for the long term if they didn't work out.

They'd cost a fortune, probably command wages not dissimilar to Aubameyang but a far lengthier deal. If they bombed we'd be looking at enormous costs or there may be a reluctance to replace them and try to keep making it work, a bit like we had with Torres.

At the very least with an example like Aubameyang the costs can be absorbed far easier for a couple of seasons if it didn't work out that well and it shouldn't prevent us going to the market for another attacker potentially next summer when we've had longer to plan.

39 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

You say stop-gaps, but our so called stop gaps seem to demand a lot of playing time, disrupt our playing style and create a toxic dressing room.

This is like Lukaku all over. We want chances to be finished while forgetting how those chances are made 

Auba has only ever fallen out with arteta was fine with TT klopp and has been fine with xavi!! 

45 minutes ago, Kong said:

So bascally what ever he's done or accomplished is meaningless to you. Already decided he's the worst player on the planet. Stats are wrong his accomplishments are wrong in other words your salty AF about us signing him.

Lukaku has accomplished as much if not more. He has scored almost double the PL goals as auba.

I am not belittling auba's past achievements, i am putting up FACTS showing that those achievements are more than 2 years old. He has been in decline and getting him is a mistake. 

And why are you getting it now? Obviously i am salty as fuck that we are signing a has been for a large sum who just 6 months ago was considered not good enough by a fellow top4 competitor. Hell they did not even charge a transfer fee for him. Just let him leave for free. Should there be any more of an indication of his dip for arsenal? 

I am judging auba the 33 year old. I don't care what he did for BVB, i don't care what he did for arsenal 4-5 years ago. We are NOT getting THaT auba. We are getting a well past it, a has been player, who does not even look like a good fit. Get it?

On 02/08/2021 at 10:44, DDA said:

Lukaku isn't the striker we want but he is the striker we need. 

1 hour ago, DDA said:

A blind man could see Lukaku was pure dog shit at Man United.

Higuain was never proven in the Prem.

How is it the same?

Auba scored a hatfull of goals at Arsenal and if I remember rightly, he was being played on the LW most of that time?? 

Well, you where also saying the same about Lukaku last year, that he was a striker we needed. So, not sure how that works. 

12 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Well, you where also saying the same about Lukaku last year, that he was a striker we needed. So, not sure how that works. 

I tried convincing myself Lukaku was a good idea even though deep down I knew he was utterly wank. 

Aubameyang isn't ideal.. but I have a better guy feeling than what I did with Lukaku 

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

I tried convincing myself Lukaku was a good idea even though deep down I knew he was utterly wank. 

Aubameyang isn't ideal.. but I have a better guy feeling than what I did with Lukaku 

Mate you are trying to convince yourself again. 

1 minute ago, DDA said:

Maybe you're right. Maybe I am,we all just want to see somebody put the ball in the fucking net on a consistent basis. 

I think Ronaldo is that guy, if we want to peruse a short term target. He is also willing to take a pay cut, i think he is very motivated to prove people wrong.

Hopefully Barca price us out, and Tuchel opens up to signing Ronaldo.

2 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

I think Ronaldo is that guy, if we want to peruse a short term target. He is also willing to take a pay cut, i think he is very motivated to prove people wrong.

Hopefully Barca price us out, and Tuchel opens up to signing Ronaldo.

I would prefer Ronaldo myself but TT is pushing hard for sentimental reasons... I'm staying positive.