Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

12 minutes ago, blahblahblah said:

Hmmm. Just wondering why someone would be more interested in the nick rather than actually making his/her point about the actual argument. Unless there is no point to be made. 

How did auba perform at arsenal in his final year(s)? How is he as a character in the dressing room? These are far more important points and parameters to be discussed given the argument rather than someone's nick.

Better than lukaku did here and werner. And egos lol did u even see lukaku here.

Edited by Kong

4 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Anelka worked for us because he was a very intelligent player.

not when he was doing this lol

Who, What, Why: What is the quenelle gesture? - BBC News

Quenelle_liste_anti-sioniste.jpg

A campaign poster for the 2009 election promoting the anti-Zionist list, featuring the quenelle gesture

16 minutes ago, Kong said:

Better than lukaku did here and werner. And egos lol did u even see lukaku here.

He was? Really?

He scored 4 goals in half a season playing 15 PL games. Infact he played 1040 minutes and scored 4 goals. 

Lukaku last season played 1584 PL minutes and scored 8 goals. While not being the primary penalty taker where as auba was as far as i remember. So by which was he better than Lukaku, care to explain? Or are you more interested in discussing nicks

4 minutes ago, blahblahblah said:

He was? Really?

He scored 4 goals in half a season playing 15 PL games. Infact he played 1040 minutes and scored 4 goals. 

Lukaku last season played 1584 PL minutes and scored 8 goals. While not being the primary penalty taker where as auba was as far as i remember. So by which was he better than Lukaku, care to explain? Or are you more interested in discussing nicks

I would rather be turked in me arse by a syphilitic bear than see Donkeykaku here ever again

Just now, Vesper said:

I would rather be turked in me arse by a syphilitic bear than see Donkeykaku here ever again

I am not saying to get Lukaku back. 

But i would not shoot myself by getting auba or Darren bent or kalou for him. 

Getting auba for Lukaku is a downgrade, syphilitic bears be involved or not 

11 minutes ago, blahblahblah said:

He was? Really?

Lukaku was a terrible presence for the team from day one. He clashed with players on the team the moment he got here. He was constant distraction. I am not really high on Auba, but I would use a better comparison than Lukaku, that was an absolute disaster.

Edit to add. Auba is by this time of his career a tap in merchant, but he does press rather hard and flies around the field. His offensive output is definitely declining.

1 minute ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Lukaku was a terrible presence for the team from day one. He clashed with players on the team the moment he got here. He was constant distraction. I am not really high on Auba, but I would use a better comparison that Lukaku, that was an absolute disaster.

Why? We are replacing Lukaku with auba. Auba is coming here to fill in the no. 9 position so it's obvious the comparisons will be there. 

We are spending 25m on a 33 year old has been and paying him 200kpw for it. Someone who is as disruptive in the dressing rooms and having worse performance and numbers. 

Sorry, but i would not want to get cancer just to be rid off aids. Absolutely mental the whole scenario 

16 minutes ago, blahblahblah said:

Why? We are replacing Lukaku with auba. Auba is coming here to fill in the no. 9 position so it's obvious the comparisons will be there. 

We are spending 25m on a 33 year old has been and paying him 200kpw for it. Someone who is as disruptive in the dressing rooms and having worse performance and numbers. 

Sorry, but i would not want to get cancer just to be rid off aids. Absolutely mental the whole scenario 

Lukaku is a much worse cancer. A diagnosis that has been confirmed at several clubs. 

1 hour ago, blahblahblah said:

Absolutely mental.

Any manager/coach who wants auba over Lukaku or Werner deserves a right bollocking. Shambles

How come? Lukaku was a bad tactical fit and a disruptive dressing room figure while Werner failed under two different managers and just clearly wasn't up to the challenge. Both were also unhappy at the club and wanted to move on. 

I too think signing Aubameyang at the prices being mentioned is not a great deal and based on his last 1,5 seasons at Arsenal there are definitely risks involved but keeping Lukaku or Werner wasn't the answer either and anyone who claims otherwise is out of their minds.

Aubameyang has been pretty good at Barcelona and scored 11 goals in 13 league starts last season from January onwards. He also has prior history with Tuchel from their time together at Dortmund and lived in London for many years playing in the EPL so he should be able to settle in reasonably quickly.

My only problem with Aubameyang signing would be the high transfer fee, considering his age, and having to offer him a multi-year contract where he might turn into a 'deadwood player' in the latter years. For this season he'd definitely be a decent improvement.

I don't buy the idea that Aubameyang is a negative influence or dressing room "cancer". From what I've seen he seems to be a very likeable personality and doesn't carry much of an ego.

I think his biggest problem is he has an extremely carefree attitude and this is what clashed with Arteta. I'd liken his personality to Hazard to be honest who it's been regularly reported put minimal effort into training and not much more consideration into tactical instructions. I think a less experienced manager may have struggled with giving Hazard a little leeway in that regard (you never know if he'd stayed, maybe Lampard would have experienced similar problems with trying to cater for him in an environment he's looking to bring discipline into) in the same way Arteta had no experience dealing with personalities like that and hence why the relationship soured so quickly.

It's a completely different personality trait to someone like Lukaku who gives off an overbearing negativity when things aren't going well and holds an incredibly high vision of self-importance for himself.

Tuchel knows him anyway so I wouldn't envisage him being a problem if he were to come here. 

I actually wouldn't personally be against him. Our track record with shorter term, veteran strikers to help the team is far better than that of expensive striker signings supposedly in or around their prime.

The sticking point is the cost involved. The transfer fee seems ridiculous for someone Barca signed for free 6 months ago and considering they seem to be willing to grant Depay a free transfer, who you'd assume would be able to command at least a nominally reasonable fee (£10-15m). If this would be an £8-10m signing for a couple of seasons I'd be significantly more receptive to the deal than what it currently sounds like at upwards of £20m.

Seems like negotiations for all of the remaining players we’re linked with have ground to a complete standstill. Gordon, Fofana, Auba, and De Jong. Same with the outgoings. No update on Alonso, Ziyech, Barkley, Billy, Ampadu etc. 

Thought for sure we’d want to push at least 1 new signing through this week before the Leeds game so they could feature. Definitely thought Fofana would be a Chelsea player by now after Rodgers himself confirmed we’ve bid twice. Once that cat was out of the bag I figured we would’ve got it done ASAP.

2 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Lukaku is a much worse cancer. A diagnosis that has been confirmed at several clubs. 

Why would you exchange one for another? We are rid of Lukaku, why would you buy auba of all people? Wait, a 33 year old has been with attitude issues. Easily one of the worst replacements i have seen.

42 minutes ago, blahblahblah said:

I am not saying to get Lukaku back. 

But i would not shoot myself by getting auba or Darren bent or kalou for him. 

Getting auba for Lukaku is a downgrade, syphilitic bears be involved or not 

I do not want Auba, especially at the insane price of €27m(or more, Barca are cunts who keep truing to jack it up)

I have meticulously documented my preferred CF's here for ages

we are down to almost none on the board who are doable now

these, atm, are the ones I rate either for now or next summer (and some are hybrids, not pure CF's)

some of these are huge dice rolls, several would be crazy expensive

listed in order of valuation on T-Markt
bold are ones I truly rate

Christopher Nkunku  more of an AMF/SS/Winger
Lautaro Martínez next summer
João Félix   (not really sure about him at CF, plus insanely expensive)  
Rafael Leão (not really sure about him at CF, plus insanely expensive)   
Victor Osimhen
Arnaut Danjuma 

Jonathan David 
Amine Gouiri  
Dominic Calvert-Lewin     
Wilfried Zaha   
Karim Adeyemi  next summer 
Memphis Depay
André Silva  
Matheus Cunha  
Cody Gakpo  
Cristiano Ronaldo 

Evanilson  
Gonçalo Ramos
Luis Muriel 

Sasa Kalajdzic  

Aleksandar Mitrović  
Noah Okafor

youth

Jonathan Burkardt  
Georginio Rutter 
Momo Cho 
Brennan Johnson   
Youssoufa Moukoko 
Elye Wahi

39 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I don't buy the idea that Aubameyang is a negative influence or dressing room "cancer". From what I've seen he seems to be a very likeable personality and doesn't carry much of an ego.

I think his biggest problem is he has an extremely carefree attitude and this is what clashed with Arteta. I'd liken his personality to Hazard to be honest who it's been regularly reported put minimal effort into training and not much more consideration into tactical instructions. I think a less experienced manager may have struggled with giving Hazard a little leeway in that regard (you never know if he'd stayed, maybe Lampard would have experienced similar problems with trying to cater for him in an environment he's looking to bring discipline into) in the same way Arteta had no experience dealing with personalities like that and hence why the relationship soured so quickly.

Aubameyang does have a bit of a history of disciplinary issues so it's not just his carefree attitude that made him clash with Arteta. Even at Dortmund I believe it was reported he missed some training sessions without informing the club and took some unapproved holiday trips between matches and would guess something similar happened at Arsenal too. Hazard never did things like this so it's not a great comparison.

There's a difference between having a carefree attitude an an unprofessional one, though it has to be said that Arteta is pretty much the only manager who really made a big deal out of it. From the coaches who have managed Aubameyang I don't think Klopp, Tuchel, Wenger, Emery and now Xavi never had any big problems with him and probably knew how to handle his personality better.

Arteta is a shit manager for handling the big personalities and that's why he probably prefers the younger, more inexperienced lads like Saka, Smith-Rowe, Martinelli etc. Nothing wrong with that approach of course but I doubt it will win them any meaningful trophies. 

9 minutes ago, Jype said:

Aubameyang does have a bit of a history of disciplinary issues so it's not just his carefree attitude that made him clash with Arteta. Even at Dortmund I believe it was reported he missed some training sessions without informing the club and took some unapproved holiday trips between matches and would guess something similar happened at Arsenal too. Hazard never did things like this so it's not a great comparison.

There's a difference between having a carefree attitude an an unprofessional one, though it has to be said that Arteta is pretty much the only manager who really made a big deal out of it. From the coaches who have managed Aubameyang I don't think Klopp, Tuchel, Wenger, Emery and now Xavi never had any big problems with him and probably knew how to handle his personality better.

Arteta is a shit manager for handling the big personalities and that's why he probably prefers the younger, more inexperienced lads like Saka, Smith-Rowe, Martinelli etc. Nothing wrong with that approach of course but I doubt it will win them any meaningful trophies. 

It's not the exact same, but I do think the two have similar personality traits. Is being late for training any more or less unprofessional than putting in the expected effort to training or listening/following instruction? From what I've heard and read regarding Tuchel's management is that he doesn't treat the players like children and try ruling with an iron fist, they're respected to hold themselves accountable and responsible which is probably why it's a bit easier for him to turn a blind eye to someone sometimes being a few minutes late.

I think as you said, the difference with someone like this is it isn't malicious and shouldn't be a dressing room problem if its dealt with in the right way which is probably an experienced head like Wenger or Tuchel pulling him to one side and just bringing him back into line if they feel he's veering off course.

Arteta made things a much bigger issue than it should have been and that very public and hard line show of discipline bit them in the end because they nearly made top 4 playing Nketiah up top. In hindsight Aubameyang could have been that difference.

Tuchel could have easily taken a similar stance with Lukaku last season and just cut him out the squad but he was experienced to know that the team may still need Lukaku at some point and could be the difference in winning some games and the situation couldn't be sorted until the end of the season anyway. Case in point, he scored in both World Club Cup games.

3 hours ago, blahblahblah said:

He was? Really?

He scored 92 goals in 163 games for arsenal, he's also scored 13 goals in 24 games for Barcelona. Say want u want about this guy, but he knows exactly where the back of the net is.