Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Has a player ever been officially signed and just not announced for such a long time before? 

Are we really waiting until tomorrow to parade him on the pitch like he’s some trophy signing or something?

8 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

the 6 we actually sold perm

Ian Maatsen  
Conor Gallagher 
Lewis Hall (obligation to buy from last season)
Romelu Lukaku  
Omari Hutchinson 
Diego Moreira (to Strasbourg, and we are in trouble for this one perhaps)

we also did one loan with an obligation to buy

Bashir Humphreys - loan with obligation move to Burnley

Broja loan only has an option to buy, and I cannot see Everton dumping out 30m quid for him, especially as they may be relegated

all other exits were straight loans, no options or obligations, or players who left on frees

25 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Not surprising. We had more deadwood to get rid of than any other Premier League team and we’ve still got at least another half dozen who should have been shipped out but weren’t !!

1 minute ago, Seymop said:

Not surprising. We had more deadwood to get rid of than any other Premier League team and we’ve still got at least another half dozen who should have been shipped out but weren’t !!

I would hardly call 4 of the only 6 actual sales we did 'deadwood'

Ian Maatsen  
Conor Gallagher 
Omari Hutchinson 

Lewis Hall (obligation to buy from last season) was just good business

these 2 yes, deffo deadwood

Romelu Lukaku
Diego Moreira (to Strasbourg, and we are in trouble for this one perhaps)

I am not including Gallagher in the “ deadwood” as he shouldn’t have been sacrificed in the first place , to pay for some of the other bad signings we have made

1 minute ago, Seymop said:

I am not including Gallagher in the “ deadwood” as he shouldn’t have been sacrificed in the first place , to pay for some of the other bad signings we have made

fair enough for him

he is a vastly better player, so far and IMHO, than KDH

Edited by Vesper

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we

Agreed re most of the players you have named. The deadwood was aimed at the likes of Kepa,Lukaku and the ones we still have like Badiashille,Disasi,Mudryk who all cost big bucks and so far have given us nothing

4 minutes ago, Seymop said:

Agreed re most of the players you have named. The deadwood was aimed at the likes of Kepa,Lukaku and the ones we still have like Badiashille,Disasi,Mudryk who all cost big bucks and so far have given us nothing

well, I listed the only two true deadwoods we sold (IMHO) all from this window (the Hall sale was obligated from last season)

the rest either left on frees

or, like you said, are still here or just can-kicked on no obligation/option loans (other than the very small fee Humphreys obligation plus the Broja option, and I will be shocked if Everton pay £30m for the Albanian tractor next summer, he looks truly shit since his injury)

34 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Has a player ever been officially signed and just not announced for such a long time before? 

Are we really waiting until tomorrow to parade him on the pitch like he’s some trophy signing or something?

Probably ran out of credits with a PR agency or the guys that do the website

No club keeps its staff as busy as ours during the transfer window I swear 😂