Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

33 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

You reckon paying 40+ million for average Toney is any better? 

Osimhen had a decent skill set, Toney is actually as average as they come.  😆

No, don't want him either. I am happy to roll with Jackson and the False 9's with Nkunku and Palmer. 

I am personally fed up of overpaying for average CF's (which is what VO is hence only us and Saudi being in for him, just like Toney.) I am certain if he came here he would be in the Lukaku category of needing to get rid and everyone lowballing within two years. 

Bought Jackson to be your superstar, put your hands under ass instead on cash trigger and play freaking Jackson then. No one will become decent player sitting on bench. 

Just now, Pizy said:

Holy shit. Not only have we waited until the final hours to secure a striker and missed out on both of the main targets, but they’ve gone to the SAME FUCKING CLUB!

Unreal. So we get nothing.

You do realise we are talking about a VO who wants insane money and the Brentford Bettor, Ivan Toney? 

I would actually say the Saudi club have saved us from ourselves. 

2 minutes ago, King Kante said:

You do realise we are talking about a VO who wants insane money and the Brentford Bettor, Ivan Toney? 

I would actually say the Saudi club have saved us from ourselves. 

If Sterling goes today along with Lukaku already being gone I would’ve just offered to match his exact current Napoli wage. If he said no to that then fuck it, let him go to Saudi. But to still be proposing a loan move at this stage when he has said no all summer is stupid.

Toney I couldn’t care less about. I was indifferent on him in particular but would’ve been happy that we signed a striker.

12 minutes ago, King Kante said:

No, don't want him either. I am happy to roll with Jackson and the False 9's with Nkunku and Palmer. 

I am personally fed up of overpaying for average CF's (which is what VO is hence only us and Saudi being in for him, just like Toney.) I am certain if he came here he would be in the Lukaku category of needing to get rid and everyone lowballing within two years. 

Lets be honest, I do get the point your trying to make but realistically we are going to get nowhere with a false 9. And the itinerary all summer has been to recruit a striker alongside Guiu. 

Oshimen and Toney not perfect by any stretch but both much better than Jackson, Guiu and playing anybody as false 9s.

Jackson couldn’t finish his dinner and Guiu needs to grow into first team football. Be a painful season again.

Saudi’s not fucking about though, agreed deals for 2 players, if Oshimen doesn’t go they get Toney or vice versa. Ruthless.

Edited by OneMoSalah

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If Sterling goes today along with Lukaku already being gone I would’ve just offered to match his exact current Napoli wage. If he said no to that then fuck it, let him go to Saudi. But to still be proposing a loan move at this stage when he has said no all summer is stupid.

Toney I couldn’t care less about. I was indifferent on him in particular but would’ve been happy that we signed a striker.

It is because the club are worried he will be a bust - with good justification in my mind. I am with them on this, we will take a punt on VO as a loan or he can go to Saudi. I don't think this is unfair. In addition, I also think he is vastly overpaid at Napoli and if this was reversed Napoli would be rinsing us saying his wages are too high. 

Al Ahli agreed BOTH deals for Victor Osimhen and Ivan Toney but NO green light from Victor yet. 😬

(@FabrizioRomano)

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Lets be honest, I do get the point your trying to make but realistically we are going to get nowhere with a false 9. And the itinerary all summer has been to recruit a striker alongside Guiu. 

Oshimen and Toney not perfect by any stretch but both much better than Jackson, Guiu and playing anybody as false 9s.

Jackson couldn’t finish his dinner and Guiu needs to grow into first team football. Be a painful season again. 

I do get why people are worried. However, I am actually hopeful Jackson will improve as the season goes on and in Nkunku, Palmer and Felix I do feel there are enough goals with them in the F9 position. Sure it isn't perfect, but equally the Risk of handing either of those two big contracts is a bigger risk. Even if they came good, the squad would riot and demand massive increases. 

4 minutes ago, mkh said:

BREAKING: Strasbourg will sign Deivid Washington on a permanent deal for £17.6m. (@lequipe)

OK, this isn't a surprise but equally I hope the club have a good case if people question this. 

Edited by King Kante

Chelsea to sell Brazilian striker Deivid Washington - whom they bought for €16m last year - to partner club Strasbourg for a little over €21m, according to L'Equipe. Deivid played 28 minutes for Chelsea.🤔

I’m pissing myself laughing at this Deivid Washington deal. Everyone on Twitter that’s not a Chelsea fan crying about it 🤣🤣🤣

tbf, it is crazy that it’s allowed…

If Osimhen and Toney are off the table then DO NOT panic and sign anyone else! We should have more than enough firepower between Palmer, Jackson, Nkunku, Neto, and Felix to get us to January where we can survey the striker market again. Maybe by then someone unexpected will emerge that isn’t available now.