Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

If we ALSO get Osimhen on loan then it is a pretty crazy window - the top striker everyone wishes we had but doesn't think we should spend big on unless we have proof they will work here, NJ who has insane potential and already shown it for us to a decent extent, and Samu who is a 6ft4 fucking monster truck off the bench with lots of potential too.

NJ becomes an option at left wing and Mudryk is sent on loan.

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

is he really a valid LWer option?

he does not seem the type to me

but I may be completely wrong

Seen many forwards make the move out to left wing and do a good job there, cutting in to shoot on his right, like Anelka did for us back in time but feel like this is the most natural alt position for a right footed striker no? I don't see why he couldn't do it, although of course never know until you see it. He doesn't feel like the type of guy that would duck the pressing or defensive duties that come with it. I don't think he would effortlessly win 1v1s like Noni does though, but he'd probably score plenty from out there.

My gut says we don't get Osimhen though - I think the club want him on loan without obligation and Osimhen is way too proud to accept essentially a year long trial, which of course is fair enough with his reputation - but it does say something that given his price tag no one has swooped in for him... Still most top clubs with serious problems up front.

15 minutes ago, Vesper said:

is he really a valid LWer option?

he does not seem the type to me

but I may be completely wrong

I feel like that's his only chance of having a successful career here (similar to Kalou). There would be less pressure on him to take each chance that falls to him, & his movement could seriously help whoever leads the line.

Assuming Conor and Trevoh are soon gone (and Filip Jørgensen comes good, BUT FUCK I AM PISSED we did not buy Mamardashvili last season and now this season, it is just MADNESS how many shit keepers and CBs we have purchased) ...............................

the players we have on the main squad who drive me crazy are

Robert Sánchez (I think he is shit, always did)
Djordje Petrovic (disappointed, after a really solid start)
Kepa Arrizabalaga (at least he is soon gone either way)

Axel Disasi  
Benoît Badiashile 
Wesley Fofana
(likely will go down as the worst major CB buy in Chels history)
Tosin Adarabioyo  (potentially, as he is not looking at all a good pull atm, I SO SO hope he soon gets sorted)

Ben Chilwell  (injuries plus now he is apparently not at all suited to Maresca's style, I never disliked him at all, but he is just always injured, which is a shame as when healthy he was a real weapon)

Raheem Sterling (that fucking salary!!!!!)
Mykhaylo Mudryk (since he shaved his head he is even WORSE, disasterclass buy, along with Wes Fofana and the non Clownlake, Roman parting prezzie, Rom... £260.5m in just transfer fees down the shitter for just those 3)

Romelu Lukaku FUCK OFF YOU FUCK
Armando Broja 
(garbage now, post injury) 

Edited by Vesper

So literally nothing has changed since last week’s Osimhen briefing. We’re still basically haggling and trying to find any way possible not to outright buy him it seems.

This all has some other club swooping in out of nowhere and getting him after we fuck around for weeks. 

Gallagher’s impending departure from Stamford Bridge has ‘saddened’ Petit who believes Chelsea are making another mistake by sanctioning his departure.

‘There is always something happening at Chelsea,’  ‘It does make you want to pull your hair out sometimes – it doesn’t look like this ownership group has learned from any of the mistakes they have made.

‘I’m very frustrated with what’s happening at the club. I’ve been worried for the last two years under this ownership, there have been so many bad decisions and so many changes.

‘They have changed everything. The environment is not that same at Chelsea anymore, inside and outside the club. The connection with the fans is missing.

‘I look at the project, signing all these young players for huge money on incredibly long contracts and it doesn’t make sense.

‘The Americans have spent over a billion and what did they get? Some of these players have been given massive contracts without achieving anything in the game.

‘Then you look at the players they are selling. They are selling their best players and academy graduates. Conor Gallagher was Chelsea’s best player last season and was practically the captain for most of it because Reece James was injured.

‘He plays for the national team. He came through the academy and you’re going to sell him for how much? £30 million? He’s probably the best midfielder in the squad.

‘How can Gallagher be worth £30 million is Manuel Ugarte is worth £60 or £70 million? It doesn’t make sense to me. I don’t get it. I don’t understand the decisions being made at the club.

‘They must sell players because they signed so many and are counting the cost of those mistakes in the transfer market. £30 million for Conor Gallagher is a bargain in this market.

‘They should have done more to keep him. They’ve been trying to sell him for two years. I think he’s been disrespected. They should have offered him a contract in line with the best paid players at the club.

‘Give him the same money you offered to those players who are strangers to the fans and who aren’t academy players.’

Petit, who spent two full seasons at Stamford Bridge, added: ‘Chelsea need to be careful.

‘It’s really important to keep those English players, players that have grown up in the club, in the squad. You need them there to set the standards and to keep the culture.

Emmanuel Petit

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

So literally nothing has changed since last week’s Osimhen briefing. We’re still basically haggling and trying to find any way possible not to outright buy him it seems.

This all has some other club swooping in out of nowhere and getting him after we fuck around for weeks. 

If someone swoops in and just pays full asking price for Osimhen and meets his salary demands then good for them tbh. HIGH risk high reward, if it works out they deserve it. Tbh if someone was going to do that you have to wonder why they didn't just do it as soon as the window opened and get him in for a full preseason?

Truth is we've burnt too much money on "sure things" to go and buy another "sure thing" like Osimhen at full Napoli-tier valuations and those kind of wages. If you go back in time and stop us doing the W Fofana deal, or the Mudryk deal, or the Lukaku deal etc then sure, I would say lets go for it - might be a pivotal signing of the new ownership and take us to where they want us to go. But you can't just do those kind of deals over and over - especially when all the ones you've tried so far have been shit.

Arguably only Caicedo has really been a good big money signing in a LONG time.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

We’re still basically haggling

..........with the Poison Dwarf

that almost always ends poorly for most

aurelio-delaurentiis-napoles_4_641x361.j

'English women don't wash their genitalia', claims Napoli president

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has tried to dissuade his players from moving to the Premier League by claiming "English women do not wash their genitalia."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/wags/3811655/English-women-dont-wash-their-genitalia-claims-Napoli-president.html

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has tried to dissuade his players from moving to the Premier League by claiming "English women do not wash their genitalia."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/wags/3811655/English-women-dont-wash-their-genitalia-claims-Napoli-president.html

Growing facial hair because it reminds him of his mama..

Freaking hell, would LOVE to take a look at this club once and not see dumpster fire everywhere.

Petit has a point, sell James, as point for this move could be easily made if needed, and bam, we achieved something that even City and PSG didn't manage to - 100% plastic, only exception we do not have a pack of superstars but mediocre children, sprinkled with absolutely random FM finds, all overpaid thrice. Or are we hanging entire club's personality on Colwill then?

Anyway, if I'm not wrong, we consist of more Brighton's players, than Chelsea players atm.

Incredibly that Roman managed to avoid such shit for 20 or so years, yet Clearlake needed like 5 windows. Ironically, the marketing pushes the identity and heritage stuff with that gen-z jerseys and media, at the same time effectively eliminating any bit of heritage and identity. What is left here to support for the fans? Exciting prospects from exotic 3rd league's clubs reserves for the price of half of Mbappe?

15 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

There is always something happening at Chelsea,’  ‘It does make you want to pull your hair out sometimes – it doesn’t look like this ownership group has learned from any of the mistakes they have made.

‘I’m very frustrated with what’s happening at the club. I’ve been worried for the last two years under this ownership, there have been so many bad decisions and so many changes.

The Chelsea thing ®

Change everything to change nothing, we cuss about exactly the same things we used to for years, only difference we used to actually be a serious club and get results.

27 minutes ago, Vesper said:

because we are now a hedge fund, not a football club

I'd wish so, but can hardly understand at which point of this operation the money is being made.

21 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Quite an obsession with cunts, thats because he is one