Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

Wow, surprised by that. Thought he plays for 30k or something...

No, something like 170k in English pound.

Edited by TheHulk

Aston Villa striker Jhon Duran has 'said yes' to a £40m move to West Ham United

https://www.givemesport.com/jhon-duran-green-light-west-ham-united-aston-villa/

Aston Villa striker Jhon Duran has given the green light to a move to West Ham United as he is attracted by the possibility of working under Julen Lopetegui, according to Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano, speaking exclusively to GIVEMESPORT.

Despite recent links with Chelsea, the 20-year-old Colombia international has emerged as a concrete option for West Ham in recent weeks.

The Hammers are keen to bolster their attacking options under newly-appointed boss Lopetegui after relying heavily on winger Jarrod Bowen’s stellar performances up front last season.

Anticipating a busy remainder of the summer, West Ham recently announced the signing of Wolves defender Max Kilman and show no signs of slowing down in the transfer window.

According to Romano, Duran has already ‘said yes’ to West Ham as he looks to leave Villa Park after a disappointing 18 months under Unai Emery.

GMS has previously reported that the 20-year-old is not seen as ‘a major part’ of Emery’s plans going forward, with the Villains happy to see him leave ahead of their Champions League debut.

The Birmingham outfit are seeking reinforcements in several areas across the pitch before their historic season and could entertain offers for Duran reaching around £40m, according to Romano.

Aston Villa Set Price for Duran

He is keen to work under Lopetegui

Romano, speaking to GMS, suggested that West Ham have ‘a concrete possibility’ to sign Duran this summer:

“For Jhon Duran, Aston Villa always wanted something around £40 million. So let's see if maybe with some add-ons, they can reach an agreement and get the deal done.

“The player already said yes to West Ham, he is attracted by the possibility of working under Julen Lopetegui. So for sure, Jhon Duran-West Ham is a concrete possibility.”

The Colombian striker, who joined Villa in January 2023 from Chicago Fire, has struggled for playing time under Emery, racking up just 462 minutes of Premier League football last season.

Superb Ollie Watkins’ form left Duran watching from the sidelines as he now looks to depart for a fresh start in England and could become West Ham’s starting striker in Lopetegui’s first season.

Last month, the 20-year-old was heavily linked with a move to Chelsea, but the Blues eventually advanced with signing promising forwards Omari Kellyman and Marc Guiu.

90d63ceabf74b5b3acf10bbed96bae0b.png

https://www.football-espana.net/2024/07/08/we-have-the-money-to-sign-nico-williams-today-barcelona-president-joan-laporta

Barcelona President Joan Laporta has surprised many by declaring that they can afford to sign Athletic Club winger Nico Williams, who has been heavily linked to the club. Much of the reporting around the club states that the Blaugrana still need to complete several deals and sales in order to think about doing so.

During an interview with Catalunya Radio, Laporta was asked if as of today, Barcelona could afford to sign the 21-year-old from Athletic – he has a release clause of €58m. He was short and sweet with his answer.

“As of today, yes.”

“There will be good news in terms of the sporting side of things, we will announce things soon. We are working on the deals that Hansi has requested.”

Beforehand he had spoken of the improvement in the economic fortunes of the club, stating that they were working on several deals in the background that would ‘confirm the economic recovery of the club’, and that he hoped to be able to announce good news ‘very soon.’ Those operations would have Barcelona return to operating within their salary limit – “we will return to normal in terms of Fair Play shortly,” he added.

Laporta’s words, but also his relaxed and cheerful demeanour were a departure from the mood around the club over the last couple of months. During the short five-minute interview, it seemed he was intending on delivering good news. It would not be the first time that there has been misplaced optimism at Barcelona over the second Laporta mandate, most famously with Lionel Messi, but if he can back that up, then Barcelona’s fanbase will certainly be delighted.

Chelsea Have Not Presented Proposal for 'Next Level' Star

https://www.givemesport.com/Chelsea-havent-presented-jonathan-david-proposal-lille/

HIGHLIGHTS

• Chelsea are aiming for a top four finish, and they are targeting Jonathan David as a result.
  • David's availability is for a lower fee, with Lille open to selling.
  • Fitting David into Chelsea's attack may be challenging.

Chelsea fans will be hoping for more signings in the summer transfer window as they aim to capitalise upon their sixth-placed finish in the Premier League by going one better next season - and Fabrizio Romano has exclusively told GIVEMESPORT that they could be in the market for Jonathan David, who is available for a cut-price fee.

The Blues have been proactive throughout the Todd Boehly era, spending over £1billion on new players; and whilst their initial spending was not translated to results on the pitch, the last six months have seen the Stamford Bridge outfit begin to gel. Next season is huge, and as a result they could land David with Lille open to selling their star attacker with one season left on his deal.

David Has Suitors Across Europe

The Canadian has been consistent for Lille for years

David was touted with other Premier League clubs back in June, with Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United and West Ham United all being touted with an interest for the Canadian international.

Lille have previously asked for a premium in the past but with the attacker in the final year of his contract and with teammate Leny Yoro likely to command a fee of at least £42million, there is less impetus on using David to garner a strong fee and as a result, any respectable fee could be taken.

Chelsea do have a plethora of attackers though, especially on the left wing where the likes of Raheem Sterling and Mykhailo Mudryk can play; whilst Cole Palmer and Noni Madueke make up the attack on the right flank, with a host of worldwide youngsters coming into the mix in years down the line such as Kendry Paez and Willian Estevao - and so it could be tough to see how David fits into their system.

Romano: €20m Could Be Enough to Land David

French teams are selling on the cheap this season

Speaking exclusively to GIVEMESPORT, Romano stated that whilst talks weren't undergoing for the Canadian, there is interest from clubs in England and Italy - with a fee as little as £16.8million potentially being enough to prise him from France. Romano said:

"For Jonathan David, there is interest from several clubs in England and in Italy. At the moment, there is still nothing advanced but Jonathan David will be one of the opportunities, because he's out of contract next summer at Lille, and not extending his contract.

"For sure, many clubs have asked for conditions of the deal, and I think from what I'm told, that something around €20-25million (£16.8m-£21m) could be enough to land the player.

"So there could be an opportunity. At the moment, Chelsea have not presented any proposal from what I'm told, so it's still early or all quiet around Chelsea and Jonathan David - apart from the interest they can have for the opportunity. For David at the moment, it's not a proper negotiation."

David Could Struggle to Breach Chelsea Starting XI

There are a plethora of young talents waiting to make their name

It's yet to be seen where David, described as being "next level" by former national team coach John Herdman, would fit in, though he could become first-choice on the left wing if Palmer is used in a more central position - meaning that Sterling could shoot over to the right.

Todd Boehly is massively overloading his squad for the future, with Sterling - at just 29 - being one of the oldest players in the squad, and that could put David in a grey area if he joins with a lack of immense experience but also without real youth on his side.

end

our 5 oldest players atm (the 3 oldest surely will leave soon, Bettinelli is no longer needed at all, IMHO, plus STERLING HAS TO GO!, his £325-350K PW salary is killing us)

none of them are vital, as Chilwell simply cannot be counted on to remain healthy as far as I have seen

all are on massive wages, save Bettinelli

the other 4 are on around a million quid a week combined!

madness

68a6c51a68d2ec4b572cdf118650f548.png

David is good enough to be a backup. 

Also I don’t think Williams is anywhere near as good as this forum is making him out to be. No where near a sure fire star. Looks very loose and untidy on the ball a lot of the time. 

Pre-season starting and our signings are Tosin at CB, Renato Veiga at LB, KDH in midfield and 2 youngsters in Guiu and Kellyman. 

Need one attacker to feel at ease about the new season. The injury returns will raise the level of our performances. 

25 minutes ago, Thor said:

David is good enough to be a backup. 

Also I don’t think Williams is anywhere near as good as this forum is making him out to be. No where near a sure fire star. Looks very loose and untidy on the ball a lot of the time. 

atm it looks like we are all in for Samu  

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

atm it looks like we are all in for Samu  

I watched some Samu clips. Unsure. 

What are your thoughts on Samu? I look at someone like Duran who equally looks a decent physical presence but has a left foot rocket and an air of spectacular about him ala Drogba with the way he pulls shots from no where. 

From my perspective Duran would be the better pick up but again don’t know enough. 

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Pre-season starting and our signings are Tosin at CB, Renato Veiga at LB, KDH in midfield and 2 youngsters in Guiu and Kellyman. 

Need one attacker to feel at ease about the new season. The injury returns will raise the level of our performances. 

Gurantee at least one big injury in pre season, knocking bet

2 hours ago, Strike said:

That is a pretty shit list if anyone is looking for actual on pitch improvement. 

44 minutes ago, Thor said:

I watched some Samu clips. Unsure. 

What are your thoughts on Samu? I look at someone like Duran who equally looks a decent physical presence but has a left foot rocket and an air of spectacular about him ala Drogba with the way he pulls shots from no where. 

From my perspective Duran would be the better pick up but again don’t know enough. 

I would prefer Duran

Chelsea exploring Samu Omorodion alternatives, plus more updates

https://thedailybriefing.io/i/146497573/Chelsea-exploring-samu-omorodion-alternatives-plus-more-updates

a490e26f-65a2-4d98-88bb-6c623ac8f916_500

Chelsea have already had a bid rejected for Samu Omorodion. But if later in the window Atletico Madrid change their mind and open the door for Omorodion to leave for the right price, then Chelsea will be there. For now, though, Chelsea will also explore other options, as we have to respect that Atletico Madrid have always been very clear - they want to keep Omorodion and he is very happy at the club.

In other news at Chelsea - Renato Veiga has completed the second part of his Chelsea medical - everything is going to plan for this one. I also think one to watch will be David Datro Fofana - I expect him to leave Chelsea this summer, and there are many clubs interested in him.

Important days ahead for Xavi Simons

We are entering into really important days for the future of Xavi Simons. Of course he scored a wonderful goal for the Dutch national team last night, but they’re now out of the Euros, so now it’s time for him to decide his future together with his agents.

Simons has already been clear with Paris Saint-Germain - he will not play for them next season. In the coming days, he will take his time to decide what club he wants to join on loan. It won’t be a permanent transfer, this is the current situation but I will let you know if it changes.

At the moment it looks like Simons has two main possibilities - one of those is Bayern, who have been very strong in recent weeks because of director Max Eberl, who is the same man who signed him on loan for RB Leipzig last season. Eberl was able to convince Simons to join Leipzig when he was director there, and he has a very good relationship with the player and his agents. Bayern are pushing, with Eberl now the director there.

Staying at Leipzig for one more season is also an option for Simons, and they are pushing as well. They have this dream of keeping Simons for longer, after also managing to extend the contract of star striker Benjamin Sesko, and of manager Marco Rose. So, Bayern and Leipzig have positioned themselves to sign Simons, but let’s see if some other clubs will try to enter the race.

Dani Olmo release clause to be extended amid Chelsea links

I want to start with an important update on the situation of Dani Olmo. From what I’m told, there is an important detail on Olmo’s €60m release clause. The plan was for the clause to run until Monday 15th July, but if the Spanish national team were to reach the final of the Euros, it would then run for five more days.

Now we know that Spain have reached the final of Euro 2024, where they will face England, his release clause at RB Leipzig will be valid until the 20th of July. This means the agents of the player have more time to hold more meetings to find a solution for him.

I’ve been asked about reports in England linking Olmo with Chelsea, but at the moment I’m told they are not negotiating for him. Chelsea already have Cole Palmer, Noni Madueke and then Kendry Paez and Estevao Willian to come later, so it’s not something concrete for Chelsea at this stage. But he can be an option for many other clubs.

c0d09c3a-9bc2-4199-af0b-17c22a1299fe_356

Chelsea are not short of talented left footed attackers, but they are looking for a right footed winger, and also for a striker - these are the two positions that are a priority. So what’s going on with Olmo? I’m told that there are meetings expected with Premier League clubs, while Bayern also appreciate this opportunity, but it could be really complicated to negotiate with Leipzig if they’re not fast and the date of his release clause being valid passes. It would take a lot more than €60m to sign Olmo after the 20th of July.

4 hours ago, Strike said:

And Marmadashvili