Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Mauricio Pochettino involved in Chelsea transfer decisions

https://thedailybriefing.io/i/137856505/mauricio-pochettino-involved-in-Chelsea-transfer-decisions

The international break can be an important time for clubs to start internal meetings and discussions about transfer plans, so even if the window isn’t currently open, things are always happening. One person involved in transfer discussions is Chelsea manager Mauricio Pochettino, who has confirmed that he has a big involvement in the club’s transfer decisions.

For example, I already told you about Pochettino deciding against signing Dusan Vlahovic from Juventus during the summer. Now Pochettino is once again going to have some power to decide what Chelsea do in January and also in next summer’s transfer window. Of course all the board will be involved and decide together, but with Pochettino’s involvement as well.

It wasn’t always like this - often in the past the Chelsea board would decide to sign certain players because they wanted these players, but now the decision of Pochettino will always be important and really influential. There’s nothing imminent now of course, but Pochettino is going to be involved and is working hard to change the situation at the club.

Is Lionel Messi returning to Europe on loan?

Fans have been asking me about the various press reports about Lionel Messi and a possible loan move to Europe as Inter Miami won’t be playing competitive football again for a few months, and we’ve seen players based in the US making similar moves in the past, such as David Beckham and Thierry Henry when they were playing there.

However, I can honestly say that, for the moment, I have no info at all on Messi and a loan departure. Messi is focused on Inter Miami and there’s nothing else to mention right now. It’s normal to have speculation about such a big name, and of course things could change, but there’s no truth to current rumours about Barcelona, or any other club.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F1c2ea5f2-4cae-4935-b245-5c5f3f461f8b_3738x2492.jpeg

Of course, I have to say I’d love to see Messi back at Barcelona again one day, that would be fantastic and a ‘romantic’ move, but at the same time, it’s correct to let him decide whatever he wants.

Chelsea

• Chelsea legend Eden Hazard announced his retirement from professional football yesterday, saying: “You must listen to yourself and say stop at the right time. After 16 years and more than 700 matches played, I have decided to end my career as a professional footballer. I was able to realise my dream, I have played and had fun on many pitches around the world.” - Full statement here.

• Hazard had other offers before deciding to retire - more exclusive info here.

• Click here to watch Hazard’s best Chelsea goals - what a player he was!

• Chelsea and Bayern were in attendance to follow 17 year old talent Luis Guilherme from Palmeiras in their game against Boca Juniors, as two of five top European clubs in the stands. No official bid yet from Chelsea or Bayern but both will keep on monitoring the player and then decide about a formal bid.

• Find out more about Mauricio Pochettino’s role in Chelsea transfers here.

• Inter director Ausilio: “We won’t sign Armando Broja in January. We’re happy with the strikers we have. We know Broja very well, he’s back and he recently scored but there’s no chance to see him joining Inter.”

A collection of Strasbourg supporter groups have written an angry letter Marc Keller. “Money without skills leads to nothing good, the example of Chelsea, the so called “big six” brother who spends a lot of money only for a fall in the English hierarchy is a worrying benchmark” “The incompetence that reigns in Chelsea, we do not want in Strasbourg, multi club ownership is a danger to Football”

2 hours ago, milka said:

A collection of Strasbourg supporter groups have written an angry letter Marc Keller. “Money without skills leads to nothing good, the example of Chelsea, the so called “big six” brother who spends a lot of money only for a fall in the English hierarchy is a worrying benchmark” “The incompetence that reigns in Chelsea, we do not want in Strasbourg, multi club ownership is a danger to Football”

I kinda understand them no one wants to be a feeder club for another one but think they will benefit from it in the long run..

On 27/08/2023 at 16:35, Vesper said:

Pedro Gonçalves 
Nico Williams 
Nicolás González

• Fiorentina director Daniele Prade: “In August our president Commisso has rejected a huge bid for Nico Gonzalez — €45m.” Brentford wanted Nico but their official bid was turned down.

Chelsea

• Romelu Lukaku: “I don’t beat around the bush, I’ll speak in time… but if I actually said how last summer went everyone would be shocked! There were really times where I thought I might explode… five years ago, I probably wouldn’t have stood back and done it.”

• 📰 Victor Osimhen has been added to Chelsea’s list of January targets (ESPN)

Pedro Neto has admirers at Anfield - could he replace Mohamed Salah?

I’m not surprised to see Pedro Neto’s name being linked with top clubs, given the way he’s started the Premier League season. The Wolves man has always been a huge talent, one admired by just about every big side including Liverpool, but injuries have set him back significantly in recent years.

Now he’s back fit, we are seeing what he can do, and the pace and threat he brings, plus the room for development he has at 23, mark him out as someone who can definitely take the next step by moving to a Champions League club.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F435ed3c1-76a4-4af9-9515-e0e1d4d63f8c_4196x2797.jpeg

Whether that’s Liverpool - they still need to get back to the Champions League, by the way! - remains to be seen. I know that Neto has admirers at Anfield, and that his versatility and skillset would be well-suited to a Jurgen Klopp side. But then the same could be said, I believe, for a Mikel Arteta side or a Pep Guardiola side. I believe he is of that level, potentially.

The first aim for him, though, must be to stay fit and to turn this purple patch into something more sustainable. He still needs to improve his numbers, particularly in terms of goal-scoring, if he is to put himself in that top bracket of attackers. But he is making waves at Wolves right now, and if he continues to do so then we can expect him to move on to bigger and better things next season.

With reasons to think that the Mohamed Salah to Saudi Arabia stories might not be going away in 2024, Neto could definitely be one to watch.

On 30/09/2023 at 06:20, Amad_diallo said:

Okey, might I ask who are those people that you are alluding to ?

Is it inside info ?

Or reading from the press ?

Just curious you know.

There was some players that definitely needed to leave. 

And I few of them could have stayed on.

I hope im wrong and we could get back to winning and climbing up the table soon.

But even former players are ticked off 

Was just reading this the other day.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12570651/Frank-Leboeuf-DISGUSTED-Chelseas-decline-mid-table-fears-owner-Todd-Boehly-KILL-club-things-dont-improve-spending-1billion-players.html

It is claimed to be inside info but not mine. I have no inside sources. 🙂

Simon Jordon has said he knows what went on, and that Tuchel had to go. Danny Murphey has said the same, as has Jason Cundy. All claiming that the information they have left CFC with no option but to dismiss TT.

Chelsea journalist Nizaar Kinsella has echoed this as has, for what it's worth, Chelsea fan YouTuber Yan on his Football Therapy channel. He has claimed to have learned information from inside the club which means there was no alternative but to sack the former manager.

This is not an exclusive list.

Chelsea tracking Victor Osimhen as he faces uncertain future

Victor Osimhen faces a slightly uncertain future after falling out with the club following a TikTok video mocking him for a missed penalty. The club failed to apologise despite releasing a statement explaining how it came to be published.

Osimhen is in high demand, but Napoli owner Aurelio De Laurentiis will still only entertain a sale for a huge price.

Napoli argue they ‘paid’ €80m to Lille for Osimhen. I say ‘paid’ because it’s complicated and the total package included a fee, bonuses and a series of player swaps. But whatever the actual total, De Laurentiis is hoping for as close to €150m as he can possibly get if he decides to sell. That may be too ambitious, especially compared to last summer. 

EXCL: Mohamed Salah saga not over yet, Arsenal still like Aston Villa star, Chelsea's bargain wonderkid deal, and more

I don’t think it’s by any means guaranteed Osimhen will move mid-season, even with the fallout which Napoli maintain has blown over.

Napoli do have two concerns, though. The first is Osimhen hasn’t signed a new two-year deal which has been on the table all summer. That means his contract expires in 2025 and thus buyers will be on red alert in 2024.

The other factor is Osimhen hasn’t really enjoyed his football under Rudi Garcia. Napoli lost 3-1 to Fiorentina before the international break and Osimhen was substituted. This drew a fair bit of criticism from fans and not for the first time.

Obviously there are a few variables at play. Can Napoli get out of their Champions League group? Will there be an imminent managerial change? Will Osimhen eventually put pen-to-paper, changing his value next summer, and likely increasing it unless a specific release clause is inserted helping to facilitate an exit next summer. This was what happened when Alexis Mac Allister extended at Brighton before the World Cup and then left for Liverpool for just £35m.

Right now there are plenty of clubs interested in Osimhen, including Chelsea and PSG. Manchester United have also been tracking Osimhen for some time. They had a chance to sign him before his Napoli move but Osimhen was worried about game time back then at Old Trafford. But as with Harry Kane explorations, budget could be an issue for Manchester United.

A January exit can’t be totally discounted, but it wouldn’t surprise me if there’s far more of a bidding battle for Osimhen in the summer. This is simply because if De Laurentiis doesn’t want to sell in January then only totally crazy money is going to change that and that will put off a lot, if not all, suitors. 

Liverpool not the only club keeping an eye on Jamal Musiala

Some reports in Germany are making big claims about the future of Jamal Musiala at Bayern Munich. His contract is due to expire in 2026, and at the moment it’s true that there is no agreement with Bayern over a new deal.

Why? Because at the moment the plans to discuss a new contract were with Bayern’s old management - the likes of Oliver Kahn, who recently left the club - they were preparing a new contract proposal for Musiala, and then the management changed.

Now there are new people in charge at Bayern, so the timing of the contract talks changed, and there are still no talks because of this change at the top of the club. Still, for Bayern it is an absolute priority to keep Musiala, because they know there will be interested clubs.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F0c0811bc-51d5-4526-a5a5-c47718ab7fa4_4666x3589.jpeg

Liverpool have been linked with Musiala, but trust me it would not just be Liverpool, there are many important clubs around Europe keeping an eye on Musiala. Jurgen Klopp knows the player’s talent very well, but also people at Chelsea, Manchester City, and clubs in Spain, because he’s one of the best young talents in world football. So this is normal, it’s not about negotiating, it’s just about following a top young player.

In my personal opinion, he’s worth more than €100m; I’d compare him to Jude Bellingham - a generational talent. So of course Bayern absolutely plan to extend Musiala’s contract with an important proposal, and they will try also with Leroy Sane and Alphonso Davies. It’s complicated, but still on.

Liverpool still looking at midfield reinforcements?

As well as Musiala, we’re also seeing Liverpool transfer rumours involving some other big names, and I wanted to address those stories here.

Firstly, we’re seeing Florentino Luis’ name coming up a lot. Some fans have been asking me about links with Liverpool, and also with Manchester United, but I’m afraid I’m not aware of anything concrete at this stage. We had those links also in the summer but nothing concrete happened. The only club trying to sign Luis in July was Nottingham Forest but Benfica rejected every approach. Still, I personally believe he’s absolutely ready to make the next step in his career, he’s a very good player.

Another name coming up with Liverpool is talented young Fluminense midfielder Andre. I think he could have a chance to move in 2024, but we will see what happens in terms of negotiation with Fluminense - it won’t be easy as they are always strong in negotiations. But Andre is absolutely ready for the next step - he’s very talented, and has a great mentality.

When Romeo Lavia could return for Chelsea

It’s not an easy moment for Romeo Lavia at Chelsea. We know how hard the Blues tried to sign him this summer, fighting against Liverpool, Arsenal and many clubs who were interested in the talented young Belgian midfielder.

Still, Lavia arrived at Chelsea injured and so still hasn’t played one minute for the club. The expectation is that he could be back on the pitch by the end of November, so almost one month, maybe slightly more like 40 days. This is the idea and the hope at the moment.

To be clear, the feeling from some sources is that Chelsea remain 100% convinced of the investment they made in Lavia. They know very well that this injury is not helping, but they feel they have signed a very important player, and that his potential is ‘insane’. Nothing has changed, Lavia remains a key player in the Chelsea project, and let’s hope we can finally see him in a Chelsea shirt in November.

Sources: Chelsea taking injury precautions, Noni Madueke decision not clear, Best winger options leaves Mudryk out, Full news roundups, and much more...

The Chelsea FC Newsletter: Wednesday 18th October 2023!

Latest Chelsea injury news as four players out against Liverpool amid Levi  Colwill decision - Liverpool.com

Morning all,

It’s that midweek feeling and I hope you are all having a good one so far. It’s been a typical quiet international break but thankfully that’s coming to an end now. Although I think the next one comes next month!? What’s that all about!?

Even still, there’s so much to discuss, read, and ponder, and we have had a focus once again this week on Chelsea’s injury problems. They are slowly getting better and one day we might dream of a fully fit squad. Chelsea’s decision makers have been stepping up with precautions for injured players this international break, and I have a sourced article here explaining exactly how and what they have been doing to kick things off today.

We are waiting on the fitness of a few players this week being assessed before Saturday’s big game against Arsenal. But if some of those players are fit, who will be our best winger options? Well, based on the votes in this community, it’s Mykhailo Mudryk who misses out on Saturday. Have your say, read mine, and see the community votes on that in here.

Noni Madueke is another winger knocking hard on Mauricio Pochettino’s door after having a superb international break. The 21-year-old scored three goals in two games for the England U21s but he faces a big problem, and that is the form of the others ahead of him. More on that in here and whether our community want to see him loaned out in January or not.

Finally for this newsletter, grab all your latest Chelsea news, transfer rumours, quotes, and much more from across the last 24 hours in the same place here.

Enjoy your Wednesday people, see you all on the live blog from around 8am today!

Peace, Si.

• Juventus midfielder Nicolo Fagioli will be banned for seven months, reports Sky Sport. Decision approved by Turin Prosecutor's Office for betting on illegal platforms — to be announced soon. More info here.

• Fagioli after his seven month ban: “I thought to start apologising to Juventus fans and all the football fans around the world after my mistake… …but I’m shocked by fake stories on the newspapers — full of fake details just to put me in a bad light. I’ll clarify soon.”