Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

21 minutes ago, KEVINAA said:

WELCOME Chelsea FC FANS TO ANOTHER TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY 2023 WATCH PARTY.

LET'S SEE HOW MAN NEW SIGNINGS Chelsea CAN DO BEFORE THE DEADLINE TO PISS OFF MANY FOOTBALL FANS.

Actually deadline is tomorrow. 

9 minutes ago, KEVINAA said:

Yes I know but I'm here in Auckland , New Zealand. Time is 7.25 pm on August 31. When deadline hits at 11pm UK it will be 10am NZL.

Deadline is 11 pm on Sep 1

will be Sep 2 morning for you (and me)

11 hours ago, Vesper said:

648e84be85fbd16533fd5fc761fb5d38.png

2cf43e42a0caaab8bb448d45493463ec.png

Lavia I still have not confirmed to my satisfaction

I am guessing around £100K PW

150 for Caicedo is terrible. I understand we had to fend off pool. But wtf that is just as bad as those 150 to Kepa. 
Caicedo might still flop easily and we will be stuck with him for 8 years. 

5 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

150 for Caicedo is terrible. I understand we had to fend off pool. But wtf that is just as bad as those 150 to Kepa. 

I don't see him flopping.   There's a reason why Arsenal wanted him badly the previous window and then Liverpool tried to hijack our deal.  

I've seen sources say it's 125k base per week....which is reasonable for a young midfielder of his quality. 

Just remember that our negotiating position is bad as every good agent out there will know that we offered Cucurella 175k a week, Kepa 150k a week, Lakaka over 300k a week and even CHO's contract was supposedly up to 180k a week. 

16 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I think it's quite obvious this deal gone too far, especially given he was the plan B, but neither of plans a, b or c were very impressive and we seemed to have no other backup idea. Him and Enzo may turn out very good quality players, but they would have to become the hall of fame level for those pricetag to be justifiable with "it was worth it".

7 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

I think it's quite obvious this deal gone too far, especially given he was the plan B, but neither of plans a, b or c were very impressive and we seemed to have no other backup idea. Him and Enzo may turn out very good quality players, but they would have to become the hall of fame level for those pricetag to be justifiable with "it was worth it".

How was he plan B? The very first thing we heard this summer was that we want Ugarte+Caicedo, and we ended up with Lavia+Caicedo

2 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Are we done this window now? I think we are personally 

I think incomings are done after Palmer gets announced but still lots to do with outgoings.

Lukaku seems done already but Cucurella, CHO, Sarr, Chalobah need some moves sorted out plus some loans for the youngsters (Washington, Burstow etc.)

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I don't see him flopping.   There's a reason why Arsenal wanted him badly the previous window and then Liverpool tried to hijack our deal.  

I've seen sources say it's 125k base per week....which is reasonable for a young midfielder of his quality. 

Just remember that our negotiating position is bad as every good agent out there will know that we offered Cucurella 175k a week, Kepa 150k a week, Lakaka over 300k a week and even CHO's contract was supposedly up to 180k a week. 

So far Caicedo has shown potential not quality. One good season does not make a word class player. If the contract is incentives based, fair enough but still. I was always against this signing on these terms. Even if he becomes a solid player like Ramires or Mikel he would still be a flop for  the money paid. 
You can only get of this viscous wages circle when you sell the overpaid freeloaders (which we are doing) and refuse to hand out those contracts again, which we still struggle with.