Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

11 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

It is not actually a £30m outlay though, if we sell Lukaku and get no one we are up £30m-£45m depending on where he goes (ignoring the massive loss on the £100m purchase for him, we have £30m+ more in the bank than we do right now). If we buy Vlahovic for a £60m sum we are down £60m, however you look at it. He has to be worth that sort of money for this deal to make sense. I think because the strikers market is totally nuts, at 23 with his background he might be worth something over £50m but it is really pushing it given the risks. Hojlund just went for £75m and has less goals and assists in his breakout year than Vlahovic has had in his awful year, so realistically Juve will want £65m-£75m and he is simply not worth that, which should end the discussion - if we were desperate, it might be different, but we have NJ and we are in a position of strength here.

I just don't agree with the thinking behind it and believe there will be better options going forward. I'm still holding out hope for Osimhen, potentially 12 months from now, or someone else that might light up Europe in that period.

2 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

I assume he is with the squad until close to end of transfer window to give Poch time to review. Also, good for him to spend some time with the players, the manager and wear the Chelsea colours so he feels like part of Chelsea, no?

Ehh. Train with Chelsea for just a couple of weeks and make a bunch of new friends only to then leave for a year doesn’t sound great to me personally. 

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Ehh. Train with Chelsea for just a couple of weeks and make a bunch of new friends only to then leave for a year doesn’t sound great to me personally. 

Do you suppose that he sits training at Cobham with the unwanted players for 1 week then be integrated with the group once they come back from the US? I think that would be an incredibly stupid way to introduce a new player to the club in all honesty.

Going to the US even for 1 game gives him a chance to get to meet the manager and the boys who are going to be there and who knows, maybe Poch sees something he likes? I mean we already had 29 guys there. One more wont hurt. 

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Should be close to a month he could be with us, and if he impresses Poch maybe he stays? I don’t understand why we wouldn’t look at him properly and what kind of message that sends to him.

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Getting to know the team, getting to know the coach, the training facilities at Chelsea, the surroundings, the stadium, the dressing room and so on makes it much easier next year to settle in. Assuming he travels back to London with the team before being loaned.

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Ok but neither olise, Cherki nor kudus are anything like eriksen. Enzo is the closest thing. As for Sterling we are probably stuck with him like we are with Cucu

moreover the classic no 10 is dead. We have the best 2nd Striker in the world with Nkunku. We should use him to his fullest potential and not out of position to accommodate some ancient idea of spurs era Poch ball. Hence, we should concentrate on making a double pivot work. 

Agreed on the n10. However, I think it's very difficult to avoid playing with dedicated wingers (regardless of characteristics) these days, esp in the PL. Been hearing opinions from managers and analysts on the subject, and the the consensus is that it's because of the fitness levels these days. Lack of depth can really make it easier for the opposition to neutralize your attack. 

19 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Do you suppose that he sits training at Cobham with the unwanted players for 1 week then be integrated with the group once they come back from the US? I think that would be an incredibly stupid way to introduce a new player to the club in all honesty.

Going to the US even for 1 game gives him a chance to get to meet the manager and the boys who are going to be there and who knows, maybe Poch sees something he likes? I mean we already had 29 guys there. One more wont hurt. 

19 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Should be close to a month he could be with us, and if he impresses Poch maybe he stays? I don’t understand why we wouldn’t look at him properly and what kind of message that sends to him.

15 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Getting to know the team, getting to know the coach, the training facilities at Chelsea, the surroundings, the stadium, the dressing room and so on makes it much easier next year to settle in. Assuming he travels back to London with the team before being loaned.

I just figured it would be one of those announcements that included immediate news that he would join up immediately with Strasbourg. You guys are right that it doesn’t really hurt for Poch to have a look at him.

And judging by the quotes now coming from Poch’s press conference it sounds like it’s possible he stays. This is definitely sounding like the player who could be our DM if Caicedo doesn’t come in.

23 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

What a waste of money flying there, he knows he put his client in a bad position, taking a fee at the time, to now seeing another potential cheque, yawn.

It's so hard to understand why he sign new contract. In March... Is higher salary for 3, 4 months so important!? 

5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

It's so hard to understand why he sign new contract. In March... Is higher salary for 3, 4 months so important!? 

That’s what I said! Wtf was he thinking? He couldn’t just ignore the bump in wages for a few months when he’s be getting a MUCH bigger bump anyways at his new club? 

A competent agent would’ve quit if his client did that.

10 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I cant really blame Moises here. He is 21, grew up in a poor family as the youngest of 10 siblings, playing football in the streets with no real education. I bet he knows nothing about contracts and finances.

Young, uneducated people are easy to manipulate. Especially with money, especially when u have a poor family.

His agent probably told him: "cmon, sign this, we will both get a little bit of money here and in the summer u can leave, win win"

Typical greedy agents, and Brighton happy to srew him and exploit this.

Edited by Gundalf

34 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Because his agent gets a fee, then gets a further fee from the inflated price that Brighton now get to charge. Moises himself sees it as a win win if he's got his agent, De Zerbi and Bloom all saying we will let you go.