Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

9 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Is DDG really struggling to find a club? Not even Saudi? Hazard as well. 

Edit: just when I post this I see Romano saying he has offers from Saudi and Bayern. 

Hazard feels like he’s has basically retired. I haven’t seen a single link or rumor about him all summer. What a sad decline for a Chelsea legend. It’s as if he finally achieved his dream of making it to Real Madrid and then kinda gave up trying.

Just now, Pizy said:

Hazard feels like he’s has basically retired. I haven’t seen a single link or rumor about him all summer. What a sad decline for a Chelsea legend. It’s as if he finally achieved his dream of making it to Real Madrid and then kinda gave up trying.

Read an article the other day that he is considering retirement. Such a shame how his career went... he just lost the desire to be great.

NEW: Lesley Ugochukwu is heading to the US to join the Chelsea squad.

He will be assessed by Mauricio Pochettino prior to a decision on a potential Strasbourg loan.

(@AdamLeventhal & @TheAthleticFC)

2 minutes ago, mkh said:

NEW: Lesley Ugochukwu is heading to the US to join the Chelsea squad.

He will be assessed by Mauricio Pochettino prior to a decision on a potential Strasbourg loan.

(@AdamLeventhal & @TheAthleticFC)

What’s the point unless he’s being considered for the first team when there’s only 1 more match after today? Seeing him on the training pitch against cones or teammates isn’t going to be enough to know whether he’s good enough. Not in 1 week.

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Our fans said to walk away, so no moaning allowed.

Good, I hope it's true. What those thick BHA fans don't understand when pegging Caicedo's valuation to Rice's, is that Rice comes with an English/HG tax that usually makes 20-30% of the fee. Caicedo holds no such value. What we offered for him was Rice money minus the English tax, MORE than fair. Now please fuck off, I hope they fucking fail this season.

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

It's a shame this didn't happen at the beginning of preseason rather than two weeks before our first competitive game.

I just cannot imagine us dropping it this late. A top quality DM has been priority #1 since before the window opened. Entering the season with this new 19 year old and another couple of teenagers like Santos and Casadei is suicidal. 

Surely even non-football people like Boehly and Egbhali have been made aware of this?

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I just cannot imagine us dropping it this late. A top quality DM has been priority #1 since before the window opened. Entering the season with this new 19 year old and another couple of teenagers like Santos and Casadei is suicidal. 

Surely even non-football people like Boehly and Egbhali have been made aware of this?

We might have another target lined up that hasn't been spoken about.

Either way, we can't be played around with like a toy. A final bid should be exactly that, rather than a sort of threat before running back with our umpteenth bid. I'm sure most around here are sick & tired of talking about Brighton at this point.

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

We might have another target lined up that hasn't been spoken about.

Either way, we can't be played around with like a toy. A final bid should be exactly that, rather than a sort of threat before running back with our umpteenth bid. I'm sure most around here are sick & tired of talking about Brighton at this point.

I sure fucking hope we have someone else lined up. Otherwise we’ve undermined the new manager before he has even started.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I don't think they do. I reckon they have some sort of moneyball idea in their head which involves buying everyone between 16-21 and putting them on very long contracts. 

Atm, the starting XI/squad of XVIII is: 

Kepa

Gusto Silva Colwill Chilwell

James Enzo

Sterling Nkunku Mudryk 

Jackson

Bench - Betti, Badman, Cucu, Gallagher, Santos, Madueke, Broja/Maatsen

For me, there are so many holes at the moment. Personally, I am more concerned with Kepa in goal than getting a DM atm. After that, we also look really light in the attack, we only have three AM's plus Angelo (unlikely to get a work permit) and Moriera (unknown quantity.) At CF we have no one past Jackson currently as Broja is injured. Then the CM positions are super young. 

There is so much to do, so stopping fecking about with Brighton seems sensible and long over due. 

We need a world class DM, one of Kudus or Cherki, and a solid goalkeeper to compete with and push Kepa HARD so that he feels that immense pressure to perform his best knowing that he could lose his spot again.

Get those 3 and we can make a real push for 2nd-4th. Don’t get those and we’ll be competing with Spuds, Villa, Newcastle, and maybe Brighton for 5th-9th. 

49 minutes ago, DDA said:

Read an article the other day that he is considering retirement. Such a shame how his career went... he just lost the desire to be great.

He had offers from Saudi and Inter Miami I read somewhere. But Eden is a family man, he will not go on an adventure to other side of world probably, not even for crazy money.

I guess he will end his career now and disappear out of media to focus on his family. Hopefully one of his sons will be as good as him one day 😊