Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Mário César said:

I prerfer Lautaro over Vlahovic

Oshimen is too expensive

180M its too much 

Would rather have none of those and take our chances with Jackson, Nkunku and Broja.

Lautaro was unimpressive in the WC and also in the CL. Waste of space.

1 hour ago, Vegetable said:

So did Zyiech move to Saudi League fell completely? Failing a medical there seems quite an achievement, so do we have a ticking bomb on our hands or did they decided to back up this way?

Bit farcical that we move on genuine starting 11 players, but still have Ziyech and Lukaku on our books

Those 2 are great pals and therefore dressing room poison.

If we can't sell them, at least loan them out. Hope no one convinces Poch to keep them for their 'experience'

But I've a bad feeling that they're going to play at least one preseason game for us

1 hour ago, Vegetable said:

So did Zyiech move to Saudi League fell completely? Failing a medical there seems quite an achievement, so do we have a ticking bomb on our hands or did they decided to back up this way?

They were still willing to sign him, but on reduced wages. He obviously declined to remain on our bench...

14 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

They were still willing to sign him, but on reduced wages. He obviously declined to remain on our bench...

Not sure I can stomach seeing his slow, lazy ass in a Chelsea shirt again, tbh.  

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Not sure I can stomach seeing his slow, lazy ass in a Chelsea shirt again, tbh.  

He hasn't vocally bashed the club, so his odd 5 min cameo would be bearable. Lukaku, on the other hand, is a non-starter.

Inter buying local talent while trying to play us like a fiddle. It's grating at this point.

50 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Would rather have none of those and take our chances with Jackson, Nkunku and Broja.

I think it's too little for someone who needs to get back to the top of the table.

lautaro had a good season.

it's a risky choice, but i prefer him to the other names

it will also depend on how much inter asks for him

7 hours ago, Pizy said:

Lyon are apparently about to be in a world of trouble financially. If the rumor about Cherki is true, we could probably get him quite easily.

the entire Lyon squad valuation is £199.5m

less than a third of what we spent just in transfers fees last season

lol

only players the y have who I remotely rate are

Castello Lukeba    
Centre-Back
Dec 17, 2002 (20)    France
Angola    €25.00m 

Saël Kumbedi  
Right-Back
Mar 26, 2005 (18)    France
DR Congo    €12.00m  

Maxence Caqueret    
Central Midfield
Feb 15, 2000 (23)    France    €25.00m  

Romain Faivre   
Right Midfield
Jul 14, 1998 (24)    France
Algeria    €10.00m  

Rayan Cherki  
Attacking Midfield
Aug 17, 2003 (19)    France
Algeria    €30.00m  
-
Bradley Barcola  
Right Winger
Sep 2, 2002 (20)    France
Togo    €18.00m

7 goals, 10 assists in only 1800 topflight minutes

3948532496ca12f859f5bdfcc0fad00d.png

01b40401cbc1e876b1cb01d6d9e43592.png

Top journalist states Liverpool are tracking talented Lyon winger -  DaveOCKOP

Football. Bradley Barcola, « un pur attaquant OL » selon ses formateurs

Liverpool transfer blow as Paris Saint-Germain and RB Leipzig 'show  interest' in summer transfer swoop for Lyon star | The US Sun

7 hours ago, Gundalf said:

Heavy salary, CL football and guaranteed titles. Could be worse. 

Just like joining Bayern.

Bayerns wins CLs and plays in a decent league though

Paris the city is a huge draw for PSG, just like London is for us, Arse, Spuds, etc

Munich is a decent place to live, but deffo not glam glam

1 hour ago, Blue Armour said:

Cant afford another year with no regular source of goals though. Or we might as well kiss goodbye to any opportunity of finishing top 4/6.

Although at this rate its going to be tough to do anyway because realistically we seem to be just intent on chasing wingers and right backs when we lack a CF, CMs and GK.

6 hours ago, Strike said:

People are really overplaying the drop in quality between Gabriel Veiga and someone like Enzo Le Fee who's still available. When Enzo was on the market, the club acted immediately and got the signing done.

they are two different types of players

Veiga is big (15cm taller that Le Fee) 1.85cm physical CMF who can drift forward and score from a more advanced role, plus drop back into a pivot

Le Fee is a very small, (1.70m) very technical pure AMF/No 10 type

Veiga reminds me of a potential (in some ways, but is not there at the WC level yet) Federico Valverde (an absolutely monster player), Veiga is a little taller than Valverde but not quite the same explosive pace, although Veiga is far from slow at all, it's just that Valverde is a machine that can run nonstop for 90+ minutes, he has incredible stamina

Edited by Vesper

4 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

MM snake posted a goodbye video on his Instagram. 

now that we know he can make £300K PW in salary with add-ons, AND the fact many many on the TC board wanted to sell him anyway, can we really call him a snake?

I for one am not looking back

shit happens in love, war, and football

we made £60m pure profit for a player who has been in an 18 month slump and who only had one year left on his contract,

plus avoided a massive salary (he would not take less than £250K PW, so that is £78m over 6 years) on the books

I say that is damn good business

Manure are on the hook with him for what will likely be £150 to £155m or so total outlay over the next 6 years

surely there is an EPL team that will dump £15m to £20m on CHO

he is only 22yo and a multi-capped England Sr national team player

it isn't like he is utter dogshit

look at some of the buys the other EPL teams have done in that price range, just pure crap

CHO just needs the right manager and team and can do a reset

4 hours ago, Vegetable said:

For 85 million? Not my money, but it tames my enthusiasm quite a bit.

Why should we? Can't shake the feeling we are paying the usual Chelsea premium, even if there is no other firm bid and, if you think about, we are probably the best thing that happened to Brighton lately, completely out of the blue. Starting with outlandish Cucurella fee, the Potter circus, deals that were rumored but luckily fell apart… the amount of cash we are pumping there is crazy, yet they won't miss a chance to rip us even more. Let alone Boehly making this team our role model in the beginning of his reign for whatever reason.

that ridiculous £105m for Rice by Arse is doing us hard, as well