Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

31 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Yes and I was grateful for Jorginho in also lending a hand in winning that very same European cup however I didn't lose any sleep when we sold him to Arsenal, to which he had a hand in capitulating their title run. Juan Mata had more talent in his left foot than Havertz and Mount combined and did nothing of note when he went to United. Matic as well. 

I am not taking 3 months of good form which was 2 YEARS AGO, and was largely down to who the manager was at the time, sway my perception when the past 18-24 months I have seen some of the worst football imaginable. Gallagher, Mount, and Havertz all having a huge hand in that. 

Because I have seen better players go to direct rivals and didn't affect us in the slightest. Arteta fought hard for Jorginho. City didn't lose any sleep selling Jesus and Sterling. 

This club and fanbase is so intertwined with the notion that we will experience another KDB or Salah situation when we are selling players who have less than a fraction of the talent. 

Totally different cases: Matic, Jorginho were over 30yo when we sold them. Mata was way overrated. 🤷‍♂️

"Better" is to the eye of the beholder, but I suggest their valuations disagree with your assessment of them.

Just now, Gundalf said:

I dont care about other clubs, the question is: will these players become good at Chelsea. Sometimes things just dont fit anymore. In my eyes its wrong to limit ourselfs in a vague hope that things might become better in the future when we could improve with other players, only because they MIGHT improve our rivals. 

Because in the end, our rivals will find other players elsewhere to improve themselfs anyway. So we cant stop them from improving themselfs. We should only look at ourselfs and think about what is best for the team. Do we want to have Mount or Havertz in our lineup or not.

True but its not to say that Poch cannot take Mount on another level or get him back to playing as he did under Tuchel either. Its one of those where either we try it or we don’t.

Yes he hasn’t been good the last year and a bit or so but he’s had a lot of fitness issues and ultimately we have been piss piss poor. Performances he put in also weren’t up to scratch but he made progress with Tuchel then regressed undoubtedly, but so did a lot of players. 

I think if he goes to United and works wirh ten Haag, it could have success story written all over it, I really do. I mean look at how the likes of Tadic, van der Beek, Ziyech etc all thrived under him at Ajax particularly in European competitions and then struggled under other managers.

We have to be careful also because who do we sign to replace these guys? We need to sell before we buy clearly in some instances but we have to be sure we are going to get a certain calibre of players in and get some of the players that are certainly not good enough out first (would say priority should be getting rid of Kai, Ruben, Connor, Christian, Hakim first).

3 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Totally different cases: Matic, Jorginho were over 30yo when we sold them. Mata was way overrated. 🤷‍♂️

"Better" is to the eye of the beholder, but I suggest their valuations disagree with your assessment of them.

Mate if you consider Havertz a quality player yet Mata as overrated than this argument is redundant and I'm not wasting my time. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

6 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Mate if you consider Havertz a quality player yet Mata as overrated than this argument is redundant and I'm not wasting my time. 

Agreed, agree to disagree.

Realize I did not say one is "better." Different roles, different players, different requirements, different characteristics. It's 11 players... not tennis, or even basketball where a team stops playing when their star player rests.

Edited by robsblubot

8 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Rejections? Who have we actually bid for? I think we get Caicedo. Far too much noise from reputable people to not suggest we aren't favorites. 

We realistically need only 3 signings. 

Caicedo seemed PSG-bound the last time I had checked 😀 Maignan openly said he's not interested (not like we had picked Mendy over him a while ago), Skriniar one feet in PSG, Rice we had moaned around and about seem Arsenal-bound and I'm far from being blown away with idea of replacing our keepers with Onana for big money. No striker in sight as well, stil we seem to have quite a bit less of a pull for players, than PSG and Real, so we will have to do with what they will left on the table.

Edited by Vegetable

6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

True but its not to say that Poch cannot take Mount on another level or get him back to playing as he did under Tuchel either. Its one of those where either we try it or we don’t.

Yes, Poch is the only reason why I wouldnt sell them instantly, in a hope that he can do some magic. The only condition being that we have enough money to buy a good GK, 1 or even 2 good midfielders and a clinical number 9. If we need to sell them to get the money for these players then I would sell without a doubt. But for me, Mount and Havertz are no starters. If we can afford to have them on the bench in the hope they improve under Poch, so be it, if not, get rid of them.  

Edited by Gundalf

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

Don't get me started on Lukaku. 

Absolute twat of a human being.

Or maybe a madman or king of evil.

TBH, no one other than Chelsea Football Club had caused this mess with it's own idiocy, so I even somewhat support him in trolling the shit out of position we had put him in.

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

The sheer audacity of United offering £40m for Mount should be enough to stop all negotiations immediately.

Soo fucking cheeky.

Don't get me started on Lukaku. 

Absolute twat of a human being.

yeah but then it's the time left in the contract.

Wonder if the club made a mistake here: should he be playing with no intention of renewing?

I've been noticing this lately. Clubs don't seem to force players out of the squad due to contracts running out anymore. Has something changed in the legislation around this maybe?

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Lmao Mount, Kovacic, Gallagher, and Havertz all of a sudden within a fortnight are quality players because they are linked with rivals. 😂

We really are a shambolic fanbase. 

Always rated Kai. I think we could have used him better playing behind a striker

Just now, Vegetable said:

Or maybe a madman or king of evil.

TBH, no one other than Chelsea Football Club had caused this mess with it's own idiocy, so I even somewhat support him in trolling the shit out of position we had put him in.

Its funny how none of the people, who made this deal, are here anymore but still u can see the aftermath of this disaster. Its like an earthquake were people still suffer after years it happened. 

5 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Caicedo seemed PSG-bound the last time I had checked 😀 Maignan openly said he's not interested (not like we had picked Mendy over him a while ago), Skriniar one feet in PSG, Rice we had moaned around and about seem Arsenal-bound and I'm far from being blown away with idea of replacing our keepers with Onana for big money. No striker in sight as well, stil we seem to have quite a bit less of a pull for players, than PSG and Real, so we will have to do with what they will left on the table.

I don't believe those tier 7 Italian journalists that pretend they are part of the players entourage. So easy to write about us these days. The Rice ordeal as well. Don't believe it. 

We haven't officially bid for anyone yet. 

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

I don't believe those tier 7 Italian journalists that pretend they are part of the players entourage. So easy to write about us these days. The Rice ordeal as well. Don't believe it. 

We haven't officially bid for anyone yet. 

A lot of players always tell us that 90% of twitter gossips are totally bs. In the end we should evaluate transfer activities by done deals, not rumours.