Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

9 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Fair enough. I'm going after that figure rather than the farcical numbers that have been floating around.

One plus point of having Marina around is that she drove a hard bargain when other clubs started sniffing around.

He specifically stated "quality players". None of the three players have fallen under that bracket for me, and I'd imagine a large number of the fan base as well. 

We don't need "good players" for two months in a full season; we need them for most of the season, if not all of it. 

That's nitpicking. Players go from good to great within a season, or even within the same game. 

Suppose the valuation these players have may be baffling if you think they belong in Aston Villa. 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Shows how toxic and divided our fanbase is then when there is this much divide on who should go and where to. I have not seen anything from Havertz, Mount, Kovacic, or Gallagher to suggest either of them will drastically improve the rival club that's shown interest. And yes I will put Gallagher with those 3 as the football I have witnessed with my eyes this past 9 months from all 4 of them have soared new lows at this club. Those 4 in particular have given me legitimate Vietnam PTSD for years to come with the football I have witnessed. 

If Gallagher is shit, Havertz is shit wrapped in gold foil. 3 months of good form in 2021 isn't going to change my perspective on him. 

are you fucking kidding me? really?

I will be eternally grateful to Mount and Kai for winning the most important silverware there is! I'm a fan and as such I immensely respect winners, which Kai and Mount are (fact not opinion).

Now if we go into opinion, IMO you are projecting. You are projecting club and team situations onto players. The influence isn't that significant, IMO. ex. merely exchanging players won't solve the problems the team has. The same players will do way better elsewhere.

I will stick to my opinion that pitting Gallagher with Mount and Kai is disingenuous to say the least.

The valuation of the players corroborate that as well.

2 minutes ago, Mário César said:

Yes sure, and United is pushing for a 40m deal for Mount as we heard earlier today. Doesnt mean its accepted. 

18 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Shows how toxic and divided our fanbase is then when there is this much divide on who should go and where to. I have not seen anything from Havertz, Mount, Kovacic, or Gallagher to suggest either of them will drastically improve the rival club that's shown interest. And yes I will put Gallagher with those 3 as the football I have witnessed with my eyes this past 9 months from all 4 of them have soared new lows at this club. Those 4 in particular have given me legitimate Vietnam PTSD for years to come with the football I have witnessed. 

If Gallagher is shit, Havertz is shit wrapped in gold foil. 3 months of good form in 2021 isn't going to change my perspective on him. 

Why do you think you are a better judge than Pep, Arteta, and Ten Hag? clearly these managers see these players being misused and underutilized.

6 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Why do you think you are a better judge than Pep, Arteta, and Ten Hag? clearly these managers see these players being misused and underutilized.

Doesnt automatically mean these are great players or that they will shine there. Just look at what midfielders Pep, Arteta and Ten Hag bought last year. 

• Pep: Kelvin Philipps for 50 million - huge flop, waste of money
  • Arteta: Jorginho - well yea, it went downwards after that buy
  • Ten Hag: Eriksen, Sabitzer - not really great deals

Edited by Gundalf

Barella close to Newcastle. £50m. What a fucking signing that will be. Wow….. we should be all over this

@Gundalf Eriksen not a great deal for United? Don’t be so daft. Was a key signing, Sabizter also solid enough to cover Eriksen who picked up a big injury without being spectacular.

Phillips was never going to play ahead of Rodri also - anyone who thought otherwise hasn’t got a clue about football.

Verdict still out on Jorginho at Arsenal but we would of been better keeping him as an option ahead of RLC and Gallagher.

Edited by OneMoSalah

7 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

are you fucking kidding me? really?

I will be eternally grateful to Mount and Kai for winning the most important silverware there is! I'm a fan and as such I immensely respect winners, which Kai and Mount are (fact not opinion).

Now if we go into opinion, IMO you are projecting. You are projecting club and team situations onto players. The influence isn't that significant, IMO. ex. merely exchanging players won't solve the problems the team has. The same players will do way better elsewhere.

I will stick to my opinion that pitting Gallagher with Mount and Kai is disingenuous to say the least.

The valuation of the players corroborate that as well.

Yes and I was grateful for Jorginho in also lending a hand in winning that very same European cup however I didn't lose any sleep when we sold him to Arsenal, to which he had a hand in capitulating their title run. Juan Mata had more talent in his left foot than Havertz and Mount combined and did nothing of note when he went to United. Matic as well. 

I am not taking 3 months of good form which was 2 YEARS AGO, and was largely down to who the manager was at the time, sway my perception when the past 18-24 months I have seen some of the worst football imaginable. Gallagher, Mount, and Havertz all having a huge hand in that. 

4 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Because I have seen better players go to direct rivals and didn't affect us in the slightest. Arteta fought hard for Jorginho. City didn't lose any sleep selling Jesus and Sterling. 

This club and fanbase is so intertwined with the notion that we will experience another KDB or Salah situation when we are selling players who have less than a fraction of the talent. 

Just now, Gundalf said:

Doesnt automatically mean these are great players or that they will shine there. Just look at what midfielders Pep, Arteta and Ten Hag bought this year. 

• Pep: Kelvin Philipps for 50 million - huge flop, waste of money
  • Arteta: Jorginho - well yea, it went downwards after that buy
  • Ten Hag: Eriksen, Sabitzer - not really great deals

Lol the stupidity of blaming Jorghinho for Arsenal not winning the title, he was on the bench for many games where they lost point. They purchased him to be Partley backup.

Phillips was brought in to be the Rodri backup.

Eirkson and Sabitzer were low investments; one on a freee the other on loan.

7 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Boehly's gamble going good.

Yeah we are going to price clubs out of Mount deal I think. If we get £50m, sell him. If not and Poch wants him to stay and we can work a deal, keep him.

The clubs not in a position to make huge demands either as we definitely need to sell before we can buy by looks of it. This has only really stemmed from poor planning and recruitment strategies by Boehly, Eghbali and the footballing lads who took more responsibility on in January, clearly.

Arsenal want Havertz too, wait and see they’ll offer £50-55m and we will reject it wanting best part of £75-80m for someone with 2 years left on his deal and who hasn’t delivered on what was a huge outlay.

We’ve lost that hard to negotiate with, with this new approach and owners in comparison to what we had with Roman and Marina. No doubt we will loan out £100m Lukaku again and Koulibaly at this rate too - despite the insistence we would look to sell players of no use as opposed to loan. But again the position we are in squad size wise and FFP wise - we have it all to do.

Edited by OneMoSalah