Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

10 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

So, dream of a big lot of people is becoming reality - Kante leaving the team, as do Azpi and earlier Jorgi, Silva on last drops of fuel before retirement, just one question comes to my mind: Who is the leader and true blue (and experienced footballer) in this dressing room now? Mudryk, Santos?

We are struggling for character and leadership, so let's clear out anyone with any sign of those traits and replace them with most random bunch you can generate on football manager?

Kante earns 15m a year here, do you fancy topping up the extra 85m a year to keep him? 

2 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Kante earns 15m a year here, do you fancy topping up the extra 85m a year to keep him? 

All gossip for now, actually I believe Kante is one of a few players with moral backbone strong enough not to accept move only for financial reasons. There was a lot of talk that club didn't fancy to prolong his contract, so he could be pushed out of the door basically.

If the salary was kept at current level, I'd take him on 2 year or 1+1 contract without hesitation.

1 hour ago, Gundalf said:

Marca also said that Benzema will stay in Madrid. 

Romano claimed we are in for Nagelsmann and no talks with Poch happening. All those leaks are as good as useless this days I guess.

10 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

All gossip for now, actually I believe Kante is one of a few players with moral backbone strong enough not to accept move only for financial reasons. There was a lot of talk that club didn't fancy to prolong his contract, so he could be pushed out of the door basically.

If the salary was kept at current level, I'd take him on 2 year or 1+1 contract without hesitation.

Kante is at the end, we know it he knows it, morale backbone or not, if some one offer you 200m for 2 years playing football, your taking it regardless 

16 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

So, dream of a big lot of people is becoming reality - Kante leaving the team, as do Azpi and earlier Jorgi, Silva on last drops of fuel before retirement, just one question comes to my mind: Who is the leader and true blue (and experienced footballer) in this dressing room now? Mudryk, Santos?

We are struggling for character and leadership, so let's clear out anyone with any sign of those traits and replace them with most random bunch you can generate on football manager?

We haven't had leaders or even positively vocal players in the squad since the old guard left. The sad thing is, our transfer direction is unlikely to solve that, which will continue to hurt us when the going gets tough (seemingly around Christmas time).

26 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

We haven't had leaders or even positively vocal players in the squad since the old guard left. The sad thing is, our transfer direction is unlikely to solve that, which will continue to hurt us when the going gets tough (seemingly around Christmas time).

If we don't have leaders, then we should go into the transfer market and get leaders from other clubs. 

City got Dias, Rodri, Stones, De Bruyne, Gundogan as leaders to fill the Kompany void and they continue to dominate

I don't think we've signed a leader in our team since Cahill/Thiago Silva joined...which is concerning.  No wonder why we're at least 20-25 points away from the likes of City...

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Stupidity by the club not fighting to keep him if I am honest. Can’t buy experience. Can’t buy anybody better than this fella either when he’s fit and firing too (think Poch could have maybe used him similarly to Jose with Maka in his last season here and if we had a competent medical team that could also of helped get him fitter)- seems a waste letting him go so easily.

Losing Rudiger, Jorginho, Kante, probably Azpilicueta, Kovacic as well in this window all in the space of 2 years - big players who have brought a lot in different ways be it through leadership, experience or personality.

Poch really has got a lot to do here to because the majority of this bunch have shown they are utterly feckless when it comes down to all three of those. I sincerely hope there are a few players with big personalities coming into this dressing room and soon. Can’t expect all of these young fellas to bring it all either, so whatever the strategies going to be recruiting wise, it better include some proven players with leadership and more importantly, personality.

Kante is by far my favorite player because of the man he is both on the pitch and away from it. The last two years have shown he is washed at this level. We can’t pay a player €290 a week because he is a good teammate. 

9 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

If we don't have leaders, then we should go into the transfer market and get leaders from other clubs. 

City got Dias, Rodri, Stones, De Bruyne, Gundogan as leaders to fill the Kompany void and they continue to dominate

I don't think we've signed a leader in our team since Cahill/Thiago Silva joined...which is concerning.  No wonder why we're at least 20-25 points away from the likes of City...

We're constantly linked with players under 25, and that seems to be the direction I mentioned previously. It might have a big upside down the line, but we'll pay the price in the meantime.

City's leader is Pep, tbh. There's a reason they have a "leadership group" rather than an undisputed captain, which is certainly odd to me.

Absolutely love Kante, what a phenomenal servant he's been to this club.

His performances in our Champions League win are comparable to that of Drogba in 2012. He just dominated and the rest of the team followed behind him.

But you can't get away from his injury proneness now, and at 32 and on about £300k per week, sometimes that difficult decision has to be made.

It's another experienced player that will be leaving but Kante has such a shy and reserved personality, I think his influence and experience is almost solely displayed out on the pitch rather than around the club and if he can't stay fit to be on the pitch, there's little purpose. I don't think it's the same as maybe an Azpi or Thiago Silva who I think would likely be much more influential not just on the pitch but around the training ground and the club in general.

As I understand, the club offered him a couple of years with a contract that was heavily incentivised on him playing but if he did stay fit he'd be earning a significant amount. I think that was the right approach by the club to someone that has barely been able to stay fit over the past 4 years. 

With what he's been offered it's an absolute no brainer for him and good luck to him if he accepts it.

9 hours ago, ulsterchelsea said:

who?

very good, young (just turned 21 11 days ago) Spanish CMF/AMF

15 total goals produced (11 goals, 4 assists) in only 2/3rds of a season's minutes on a shit team that he carried when he played

e3f3d1d41e76de3c0598f5d3b0953473.png

1390861d6ac81b330d66bec3696942de.png

Gabri Veiga, the new 'jewel' of Spanish football who would fit in at Barça?

Liverpool Leads Race for Celta Vigo Prodigy, Gabri Veiga

Edited by Vesper

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

very good, young (just turned 21 11 days ago) Spanish CMF/AMF

15 total goals produced (11 goals, 4 assists) in only 2/3rds of a season's minutes on a shit team that he carried when he played

e3f3d1d41e76de3c0598f5d3b0953473.png

1390861d6ac81b330d66bec3696942de.png

Gabri Veiga, the new 'jewel' of Spanish football who would fit in at Barça?

Liverpool Leads Race for Celta Vigo Prodigy, Gabri Veiga

I would assume then he'd be on the list of targets should Mount and Havertz both leave, as it would leave a requirement for an alternative to Nkunku in that attacking midfield role?

4 minutes ago, Superblue said:

I would assume then he'd be on the list of targets should Mount and Havertz both leave, as it would leave a requirement for an alternative to Nkunku in that attacking midfield role?

he is very versatile, can play anywhere in MF

good size too, 1.85m and pretty strong

he was La Liga POTM in February

Celta Vigo's Gabri Veiga wins POTM ahead of Frenkie de Jong and Camavinga -  Pulse Sports Uganda

Edited by Vesper

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

he is very versatile, can play anywhere in MF

good size too, 1.85m and pretty strong

Assuming though Poch was to play a 4-2-3-1 like he did at Spurs (in my head I keep assuming this will be the plan because unless we stick with a back 5, this seems the most obvious back 4 formation due to Nkunku joining, Enzo as one for the pivot and a number of wide options) - would he be able to play deeper in a midfield 2 or would it just be that advanced role?

1 minute ago, Superblue said:

Assuming though Poch was to play a 4-2-3-1 like he did at Spurs (in my head I keep assuming this will be the plan because unless we stick with a back 5, this seems the most obvious back 4 formation due to Nkunku joining, Enzo as one for the pivot and a number of wide options) - would he be able to play deeper in a midfield 2 or would it just be that advanced role?

he can deffo play deeper, like a de Jong type

He could play deeper but not convinced he would be a good partner for Enzo in a 2. Better in a 3 probably. Has he been on your lists Vesper?

For myself I want to see a DM that can slot into the back line. Unless Poch has plans to convert a defender (who?) feels like we need one for his system. Don’t feel like this guy is that player but we need numbers in midfield if we are letting virtually everyone except for Enzo go 

4 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

He could play deeper but not convinced he would be a good partner for Enzo in a 2. Better in a 3 probably. Has he been on your lists Vesper?

For myself I want to see a DM that can slot into the back line. Unless Poch has plans to convert a defender (who?) feels like we need one for his system. Don’t feel like this guy is that player but we need numbers in midfield if we are letting virtually everyone except for Enzo go 

If the new RB is really good then James could do it but he is only fit half the time