Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

They want Barry and Nags off the books, compensation could help soften the pay off to Potter, as I understand it via twittersphere that we do not have to pay Potters contract up in full.

2 hours ago, DH1988 said:

They want Barry and Nags off the books, compensation could help soften the pay off to Potter, as I understand it via twittersphere that we do not have to pay Potters contract up in full.

It sounds like they had a severance package built into his contract, which would have been smart

CIES Football Observatory n°416 - 05/04/2023

Weekly Post

Values

Top transfer values for non big-5 leagues’ U23 players

Weekly Post’s issue number 416 presents the 100 U23 players outside the big-5 with the highest estimated transfer values according to the CIES Football Observatory’s statistical model. Benfica’s centre-forward Gonçalo Ramos tops the list with an estimated value of about €70 million, ahead of three centre backs: António Silva (€66m), Gonçalo Inácio (€62m) and Jurriën Timber (€57m).

The three U23 players outside Portugal and the Netherlands with the greatest estimated transfer values are Yuri Alberto (€35m) of Corinthians, Benjamin Šeško (€34m) of RB Salzburg (already signed by RB Leipzig) and André Trindade (€31m) of Fluminense. Maarten Vandevoordt (Genk, on loan from RB Leipzig) tops the list for goalkeepers (€20m), Devyne Rensch (Ajax) for full backs (€23m), and Kenneth Taylor (also Ajax) for midfielders (€49m).

Brazilian Serie A has the highest representation in the top 100 with 18 players, followed by the Dutch Eredivisie (17), the Austrian Bundesliga and seventeen other leagues. By club, with 10 players, RB Salzburg is by far the most present ahead of Feyenoord (6), Ajax (5), Burnley (4) and PSV Eindhoven (also 4). The top 100 estimated values for last November and non-big-5 league U 25 players is available here.

558ae342b40f4bc9a959e4e105d934c6.png7da8e743dfb3b36afba0844949f83e8e.png5db3d6cafeb5c4c8a50defd49e3d2642.png330a1b1909b77af15184973ae6572dfb.png3543d0ac92d92def6c56ec035759e28a.png

bc855a73a3a439042bc03a2566fc7fb1.png

People keep suggesting all these boring midfielders like Kone, Brighton CM, etc. We need creative players that can create.

The genius of Pep to turn KDB and Silva into CMs is probably his best work there. 

Edited by Clockwork

9 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

People keep suggesting all these boring midfielders like Kone, Brighton CM, etc. We need creative players that can create.

The genius of Pep to turn KDB and Silva into CMs is probably his best work there. 

The sheer stupidity to get Mudryk and abandon Zakharyan still makes me angry. It's pretty obvious he won't be coming here now because we have an Ukraine player in the squad.

Edited by TheHulk

7 hours ago, Clockwork said:

De Bruyne is a flat out AMF, not a CMF

7 hours ago, TheHulk said:

The sheer stupidity to get Mudryk and abandon Zakharyan still makes me angry. It's pretty obvious he won't be coming here now because we have an Ukraine player in the squad.

I have probably been the number one booster of buying Arsen Zakharyan IMHO, and we have not abandoned him, fucking Putin's war bringing about the sanctions has blocked us so far.

Exclusive: Chelsea remain interested in 19-year-old who is expected to move in the summer

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2023/02/22/exclusive-Chelsea-remain-interested-in-19-year-old-who-is-expected-to-move-in-the-summer/

Chelsea remain interested in 19-year-old midfielder Arsen Zakharyan who is expected to move in the summer. 

Despite being just 19 years old Zakharyan has been a regular for Dynamo Moscow over the last couple of years.

The young midfielder is one of the brightest young talents in Europe and a move to a bigger club is seemingly likely during the summer transfer window.

Chelsea had been linked with a move for Zakharyan, and Fabrizio Romano has now confirmed to CaughtOffside via his Substack column that Chelsea remain interested in the 19-year-old, who is expected to move in the summer.

A massive part in this mess. In 2017 Michael Emanalo the Technical Director at the time resigned and ever since then the club has been going in a backwards trajectory despite covering it up by winning major honours.

Chelsea have BIG problems on the horizon. Financial accounts that have been filed with Companies House today show huge losses, huge payoffs to former directors

A £49.75m payment was also made for "services related to the sale", £35m of which went to Marina Granovskaia.🤬🤬

For me it would look like this:

Kepa ArrizabalagaKepa Arrizabalaga
sell immediately

Edouard MendyEdouard Mendy
sell immediately

Reece JamesReece James
Keep

Cesar AzpilicuetaCesar Azpilicueta
for sale immediately

Wesley FofanaWesley Fofana
Keep

Trevo ChalobahTrevoh Chalobah
Sell

Thiago SilvaThiago Silva
Keep

Benoît BadiashileBenoit Badiashile
Keep

Kalidou KoulibalyKalidou Koulibaly
Sell immediately

Marc CucurellaMarc Cucurella
Sell immediately

Ben ChilwellBen Chilwell
Keep

Enzo FernándezEnzo Fernandez
Keep

N'Golo KanteN'Golo Kante
Keep

Mateo KovacicMateo Kovacic
Immediately Sell

Ruben Loftus-CheekRuben Loftus-Cheek
Immediately Sell

Conor Gallagher
Sell immediately it's just not enough for Chelsea.

Mason Mount

Keep if he extends otherwise unfortunately sell.

Carney Chukwuemeka
Loan if he continues to be given such little consideration.

Christian Pulisic
Sell immediately

Hakim Ziyech
Sell immediately

Kai Havertz
for sale immediately

Noni Madueke
Keep

Joao Felix
Keep for a reasonable fee otherwise Ciao

Rahem Sterling
Sell immediately 
I never understood this transfer anyway, he was already out of place at City and you can see he was a Tuchel dream transfer.

Pierre Emerick Aubameyang
Sell immediately was also a Tuchel wish transfer.

Denis Zakaria
Not buy came on advice in last seconds from Tuchel.

David Fofana
Loan

Armando Broja
Loan

Lewis Hall
Loan

Omari Hutchinson
On loan

Harvey Vale
Loan

Mason Burstow
On loan

Cesare Casadei
On loan

Charlie Webster
Pity
Not sure if he will stay as he was virtually never considered and only has a contract until 2024.

Ben Elliott
Unfortunately I'm not sure he will stay as he has virtually never been considered and only has a contract until 2024.

Colwill,Maatsen and Santos definitely need to be included in the 1st team from the summer!!!!

Romelu Lukaku
Sell immediately

Callum Hudson-Odoi
sell immediately

Ethan Ampadu
Sell 

Malang Sarr
for sale immediately

Tiemoué Bakayoko
for sale immediately

Abdul-Rahman Baba
for sale immediately

Tino Anjorin
Sell

Bashir Humphreys
Sell

I know there are a lot of sales and loans but the years of neglect of the old regime in selling leaves us no choice if we want to move forward again.

I'm just fed up with this soft zero motivated bunch of players we have to look at week in week out just get on with it now take losses and learn from mistakes do better next time!!!!

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

no

Kalvin Phillips
Defensive Midfield

Máximo Perrone   
Defensive Midfield

neither are remotely AMFs

I forgot Phillips signed for City, and the other person who?

I am saying outside of the 6, in Pep system his CMs could be classified as CMF or AMF. 

Edited by Clockwork