Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tottenham-hotspur-will-not-sell-harry-kane-to-english-rival-this-summer-7lgm2bwtr?1

[The Times] Tottenham Hotspur will not sell Harry Kane to English rival this summer | Manchester United, who have been linked with the England captain, have bad memories of dealing with the north London club from when they signed Dimitar Berbatov and have made Napoli’s Victor Osimhen a target.

- Harry Kane will need to continue his quest to become the Premier League’s record goalscorer at Tottenham Hotspur as the club will not sell him to a rival this summer.

- Kane has hinted he is open to reviving contract talks in the coming months; negotiations have not taken place since his failed attempt to join Manchester City

- Tottenham have never wanted to sell him to a rival. Manchester United, who have been linked with the England captain, have bad memories of dealing with the north London club from when they signed Dimitar Berbatov and have made Napoli’s Victor Osimhen a target.

- Should Tottenham be willing to sell Kane abroad, where there may be interest from Bayern Munich as well as Real Madrid if Mauricio Pochettino takes charge, such a move would have an impact on his stated aim of breaking Shearer’s record.

12 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tottenham-hotspur-will-not-sell-harry-kane-to-english-rival-this-summer-7lgm2bwtr?1

[The Times] Tottenham Hotspur will not sell Harry Kane to English rival this summer | Manchester United, who have been linked with the England captain, have bad memories of dealing with the north London club from when they signed Dimitar Berbatov and have made Napoli’s Victor Osimhen a target.

- Harry Kane will need to continue his quest to become the Premier League’s record goalscorer at Tottenham Hotspur as the club will not sell him to a rival this summer.

- Kane has hinted he is open to reviving contract talks in the coming months; negotiations have not taken place since his failed attempt to join Manchester City

- Tottenham have never wanted to sell him to a rival. Manchester United, who have been linked with the England captain, have bad memories of dealing with the north London club from when they signed Dimitar Berbatov and have made Napoli’s Victor Osimhen a target.

- Should Tottenham be willing to sell Kane abroad, where there may be interest from Bayern Munich as well as Real Madrid if Mauricio Pochettino takes charge, such a move would have an impact on his stated aim of breaking Shearer’s record.

This may be a problem as we don't have CL and Osimhens contract ends summer 2025. This is the last summer they can make some serious cash for him and he won't go for less than 100m+. United might have new owners who are willing to spend. 

ADL is going to be a bitch to negotiate with. He might still hate us for poaching Sarri and Jorginho. I don't know how we stand with them since we signed a good player from them, but a shit player for us for 35m. 

Stripping them of their titles and handing them to those annoying ass Liverpool and United supporters would be awful.

Any severe punishment in my opinion should be forward looking. For me it should be a HUGE transfer ban. I don’t think you can punish the players who are innocent in the whole thing by relegating them. You have to punish the club itself. So I’d say like a complete transfer ban for 3 years perhaps. 

With quite a few of their really key players being 30+ (KDB, Gündogan, Mahrez, Walker) that would be a massive punishment. 

The three signings that Luis Enrique would ask for from Chelsea

The Asturian coach is looking for a new team, but it would be necessary to accede to his requests

https://www.fichajes.net/noticias/tres-fichajes-pediria-luis-enrique-Chelsea-20230206.html

In the last few hours there has been talk of possible interest from Chelsea in getting the signing of Luis Enrique for next season to replace Graham Potter , who has not quite come back on the bench at Stamford Bridge. The Spanish coach is looking for a new sports project, but he will set conditions and would like at least three guarantee signings to be assured in the next summer market.

-Robert Sanchez :

The Spanish goalkeeper for Brighton is one of the players who have accompanied him since he sat on the bench for the Spanish National Team and he is aware that he is a goalkeeper with great guarantees and what is better, he handles the ball very well in the feet. Luis Enrique is a great defender of touch football and for this to work out for him, the goalkeeper must also have quality with the ball at his feet and Robert Sánchez has it, in addition, he knows the Premier League perfectly.

- Aymeric Laporte :

Another player that he has had in the ranks of the national team is the Manchester City central defender. 'Lucho' did everything possible to convince the Spanish nationalized Frenchman to decide to play with the Spanish team and he finally succeeded. Since then Laporte has been a fixture in his starting eleven. He is a central defender with a very good ball output, something essential for his football and he is also a man of the strictest confidence. He currently plays for Manchester City, but it is believed that Guardiola could agree to sell him.

- Ferran Torres :

And of course, the FC Barcelona player should also be on this list. Ferran has been taken everywhere since he became the national team's bench, deserving it or not deserving it, it is not uncommon for him to also request his signing for Chelsea. FC Barcelona would be more than willing to listen to offers for their player as he counts less and less for Xavi Hernández and they would like to recover part of the 55 kilos they paid to City.

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

The Asturian coach is looking for a new team, but it would be necessary to accede to his requests

https://www.fichajes.net/noticias/tres-fichajes-pediria-luis-enrique-Chelsea-20230206.html

In the last few hours there has been talk of possible interest from Chelsea in getting the signing of Luis Enrique for next season to replace Graham Potter , who has not quite come back on the bench at Stamford Bridge. The Spanish coach is looking for a new sports project, but he will set conditions and would like at least three guarantee signings to be assured in the next summer market.

-Robert Sanchez :

The Spanish goalkeeper for Brighton is one of the players who have accompanied him since he sat on the bench for the Spanish National Team and he is aware that he is a goalkeeper with great guarantees and what is better, he handles the ball very well in the feet. Luis Enrique is a great defender of touch football and for this to work out for him, the goalkeeper must also have quality with the ball at his feet and Robert Sánchez has it, in addition, he knows the Premier League perfectly.

- Aymeric Laporte :

Another player that he has had in the ranks of the national team is the Manchester City central defender. 'Lucho' did everything possible to convince the Spanish nationalized Frenchman to decide to play with the Spanish team and he finally succeeded. Since then Laporte has been a fixture in his starting eleven. He is a central defender with a very good ball output, something essential for his football and he is also a man of the strictest confidence. He currently plays for Manchester City, but it is believed that Guardiola could agree to sell him.

- Ferran Torres :

And of course, the FC Barcelona player should also be on this list. Ferran has been taken everywhere since he became the national team's bench, deserving it or not deserving it, it is not uncommon for him to also request his signing for Chelsea. FC Barcelona would be more than willing to listen to offers for their player as he counts less and less for Xavi Hernández and they would like to recover part of the 55 kilos they paid to City.

Shit, I read Austrian coach.. Made me confused..

Ferran Torres? Really? 

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

-Robert Sanchez :

- Aymeric Laporte :

- Ferran Torres :

He can f right off then.we don’t need another f torres. we have an abundance of left wingers already anyway 

10 hours ago, Pizy said:

Stripping them of their titles and handing them to those annoying ass Liverpool and United supporters would be awful.

Any severe punishment in my opinion should be forward looking. For me it should be a HUGE transfer ban. I don’t think you can punish the players who are innocent in the whole thing by relegating them. You have to punish the club itself. So I’d say like a complete transfer ban for 3 years perhaps. 

With quite a few of their really key players being 30+ (KDB, Gündogan, Mahrez, Walker) that would be a massive punishment. 

I don’t actually believe this stripping titles thing is gonna happen. This would usually be the case only if there was in game cheating or doping involved. Like they did in the Italian betting scandal. Points deduction or relegation and hefty fee more likely

A huge financial penalty for city is going to happen after the way the prem announced it. Point deductions/relegations and or transfer bans are a bit more complicated. The lawyer power city posses is well known add to that the reluctance of the league to destroy one if its best teams. The only curious thing to me is that they went so public and kind of have to punish city severely so they don't look powerless.

14 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

What punishments can the independent commission impose on a club?

• Suspend a club from playing league matches
  • Points deductions 
  • Recommend to the board that league matches be replayed
  • Recommend to the board that the league expels the respondent club
  • Order compensation
  • Cancel or refuse registration of players
  • Conditional punishment
  • Order the club to pay costs
  • Make such other order as it thinks fit

Well I reckon from there, its its going to be compensation/conditional punishment more than likely.

Because well its the PL and I doubt they will want to jump through all the hoops to make the league weaker by relegating City for example.

People thinking titles will be stripped (alongside relegation) are living in cuckoo land for me. So if the PL as a product is the “best league in the world” why would they expel one of the best teams in the world? With the best players? Best coach etc? It just weakens the PL. City will probably pay some daft figures and that will be it.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12804623/man-city-premier-league-charges-explained-what-are-they-what-could-punishment-be-whats-the-timescale

This has reportedly been a 4 year investigation by the Premier League and Man City have apparently not been willing participants in the investigation. I just don't see a situation where this isn't gravely serious for them if what has been reported is proven to be true. They're essentially being accused of fraud, which should go beyond football sanctions - there should really be talk of criminal prosecutions here if correct. There will be question marks on the auditors who deal with City too and their own reputation.

I think this goes way beyond the Premier League protecting it's product. They would have to be seen doing more than just slapping City on the wrist or else it will continue to happen again and again. With Newcastle's owners, and other potential investment from that area of the world in the future, the Premier League has to take a stand now that this isn't going to be allowed and the strongest sanctions will be handed out. It's not a simple case of a team failing the league's own FFP rules and being fined or possibly even a small points deduction. Per the reports, this is ongoing for the best part of a decade and an attempt to hide it. I cannot see how the Premier League, if proven correct, cannot do anything other than severe punishment, and in my opinion that would be some form of combination of relegation and a transfer ban.

City aren't United, the Premier League will continue to thrive commercially without City for a season or two and if they were relegated, they'd be back up the following season unless the sanctions were even more severe. 

Having said this, I don't see this happening any time soon. It's taken 4 years for the Premier League just to get to this point.

4 minutes ago, Superblue said:

This has reportedly been a 4 year investigation by the Premier League and Man City have apparently not been willing participants in the investigation. I just don't see a situation where this isn't gravely serious for them if what has been reported is proven to be true. They're essentially being accused of fraud, which should go beyond football sanctions - there should really be talk of criminal prosecutions here if correct. There will be question marks on the auditors who deal with City too and their own reputation.

I think this goes way beyond the Premier League protecting it's product. They would have to be seen doing more than just slapping City on the wrist or else it will continue to happen again and again. With Newcastle's owners, and other potential investment from that area of the world in the future, the Premier League has to take a stand now that this isn't going to be allowed and the strongest sanctions will be handed out. It's not a simple case of a team failing the league's own FFP rules and being fined or possibly even a small points deduction. Per the reports, this is ongoing for the best part of a decade and an attempt to hide it. I cannot see how the Premier League, if proven correct, cannot do anything other than severe punishment, and in my opinion that would be some form of combination of relegation and a transfer ban.

City aren't United, the Premier League will continue to thrive commercially without City for a season or two and if they were relegated, they'd be back up the following season unless the sanctions were even more severe. 

Having said this, I don't see this happening any time soon. It's taken 4 years for the Premier League just to get to this point.

There is no justification for relegating a football club.   I think a transfer ban + possible points deduction would be enough of a deterrent for the rest of the PL sides. 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Manchester United had a £100m bid for Declan Rice rejected last summer and would have to pay £120m for him this year

https://www.bbc.com/sport/articles/c14ndkyle4wo

There were other articles last summer which basically said no one bid more than 70 million for Declan Rice. 

Good luck to West Ham if they do receive a bid in the 80+ million range for Declan as there is every chance he puts in a transfer request to force through a move. 

8 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

There is no justification for relegating a football club.   I think a transfer ban + possible points deduction would be enough of a deterrent for the rest of the PL sides. 

There is absolute justification in my opinion if said charges are proven true. I mentioned yesterday that one of the biggest clubs in rugby union was relegated recently for similar fraudulent activity to get around league regulations.

This isn't just a one off season, this has been a near decade long process reportedly of fraudulent activity and declarations to bypass league and continental rules that everyone else is doing their best to stick within the rules for. 

Manchester City 'could be REJECTED from the EFL' if they are expelled from the Premier League, with second, third and fourth tiers of English football under 'no obligation' to accept them

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11721813/Manchester-City-REJECTED-EFL-expelled-Premier-League.html

REVEALED: Manchester City 'expect manager Pep Guardiola will have ALREADY left the club' by the time any punishment over breaking more than 100 financial rules could kick in

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11721907/Man-City-expect-Pep-Guardiola-left-club-sanctions.html

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Manchester United had a £100m bid for Declan Rice rejected last summer and would have to pay £120m for him this year

https://www.bbc.com/sport/articles/c14ndkyle4wo

Rice + Casemiro would be a very strange midfield pairing if they go back for him. I think West Ham are in for a rude awakening if they think they’re getting anywhere remotely close to what we paid for Enzo when he’ll have just a year left on his contract. Especially since Rice will likely be really pushing to finally move on.

I still think we make the most sense of all potential destinations. He instantly slots in next to Enzo and our midfield pairing is set for the foreseeable future. He’d be an odd fit at United, Arse have Xhaka & Partey who are hugely important plus J5 now so Rice doesn’t go straight into their XI. He doesn’t seem at all like a Pep player. 

Assuming we’re even still interested in him I think our biggest competition could be Liverpool who need a total midfield rebuild. if they strike out on Bellingham (which I think they absolutely will since they won’t pay £100m+) I can see them targeting Rice.

22 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Rice + Casemiro would be a very strange midfield pairing if they go back for him. I think West Ham are in for a rude awakening if they think they’re getting anywhere remotely close to what we paid for Enzo when he’ll have just a year left on his contract. Especially since Rice will likely be really pushing to finally move on.

I still think we make the most sense of all potential destinations. He instantly slots in next to Enzo and our midfield pairing is set for the foreseeable future. He’d be an odd fit at United, Arse have Xhaka & Partey who are hugely important plus J5 now so Rice doesn’t go straight into their XI. He doesn’t seem at all like a Pep player. 

Assuming we’re even still interested in him I think our biggest competition could be Liverpool who need a total midfield rebuild. if they strike out on Bellingham (which I think they absolutely will since they won’t pay £100m+) I can see them targeting Rice.

West Ham have an option to extend to 2025 and they will. So two years on the contract and no less than 80mil surely for the best English mid besides Bellingham.