Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Jype said:

As long as the deal is done by agreeing a €120M transfer fee and not by triggering the €120M buy-out then it won't affect FFP whatever the actual payment schedules. It's not like Clearlake don't have the money in hand if they wanted to pay it in one go so I doubt it's going to be a huge problem if the club are in fact ready to pay the full €120M and on whatever payment terms Benfica demand.

Now if Benfica were to be dicks about it they could still just point to the buy-out clause which cannot be amortised and would count as a €120M one-off FFP hit then it's just not going to be done. I'm sure Enzo himself would be thrilled if Benfica fucked over his move over a technicality that doesn't even benefit them at all because either way they'll still get the €120M.

I'm pretty sure that pointing to the buyout clause is exactly what Benfica are doing.

They'll be saying, "Dear Chelsea, we don't want to sell the player and won't do so so unless we are contractually compelled. So, unless you are determined to spend the amount necessary to proceed with the buyout, would you please go away. If, however, you have persuaded the player to trigger his buyout, and are prepared to give him the money to do it, the deal will cost you €120m plus tax. Then, and only then, we would be prepared to accept a negotiated transfer fee of €120m plus 90% of the tax. You still get the player for less than it would cost to fund the buyout, and this massively improves your FFP position compared to what it would be if the clause was triggered."

Chelsea would recognise the 90% ask as a bargaining position and the two clubs would get into a negotiation about exactly how much more than the clause amount Chelsea will pay. As I've said before, this is guesswork, but I don't think truth will be far from it.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

12 hours ago, Pizy said:

No more mega money strikers. We need to put these new scouts and sporting directors to work on finding the next inexpensive gem that can become a superstar. Maybe that’ll be David Fofana.

Osimhen is something special, but I do not think we can afford him this coming summer

I am not sure if we rate Dušan Vlahović that much, we never have made a move for him, under two ownership regimes now

there were two young ones I so wanted and we missed out on both last summer (we tried for both, especially Šeško)

Hugo Ekitiké (no way PSG gives him up now)

Benjamin Šeško (RB Salzburg, so there is a chance still)

other than those, the best conventional deals are Ivan Toney, IF he doesn't get suspended for gambling, and Jonathan David BUT they will be very expensive as well

and so that leaves (for me)

Rasmus Højlund (19yo, 1.91m Dane at Atalanta, and not crazy expensive yet, huge potential)

the rest not listed and who are actually available bore me a bit atm (the thought of them coming here is not awe-inspiring, lol)

I think DDF has huge potential, and would love to buy Højlund and then call it a day this summer

I am not going to get my hopes up for Osimhen (he is in the same league for us as Bellingham, ie. it would be insanely good to get both or one, but its likely a pipe dream for both or even one)

15 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Osimhen is something special, but I do not think we can afford him this coming summer

I am not sure if we rate Dušan Vlahović that much, we never have made a move for him, under two ownership regimes now

there were two young ones I so wanted and we missed out on both last summer (we tried for both, especially Šeško)

Hugo Ekitiké (no way PSG gives him up now)

Benjamin Šeško (RB Salzburg, so there is a chance still)

other than those, the best conventional deals are Ivan Toney, IF he doesn't get suspended for gambling, and Jonathan David BUT they will be very expensive as well

and so that leaves (for me)

Rasmus Højlund (19yo, 1.91m Dane at Atalanta, and not crazy expensive yet, huge potential)

the rest not listed and who are actually available bore me a bit atm (the thought of them coming here is not awe-inspiring, lol)

I think DDF has huge potential, and would love to buy Højlund and then call it a day this summer

I am not going to get my hopes up for Osimhen (he is in the same league for us as Bellingham, ie. it would be insanely good to get both or one, but its likely a pipe dream for both or even one)

I just like the idea of Nkunku being our primary striker in the future. Someone who is lightning quick, great in tight areas, awesome dribbler. Bringing in a traditional #9 in my opinion should only be someone inexpensive and as a Plan B. A Giroud type.

Perhaps an older veteran like United have just done with Weghorst. 

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I just like the idea of Nkunku being our primary striker in the future. Someone who is lightning quick, great in tight areas, awesome dribbler. Bringing in a traditional #9 in my opinion should only be someone inexpensive and as a Plan B. A Giroud type.

Perhaps an older veteran like United have just done with Weghorst. 

Hes more of a number 10/second striker though. He plays with a more traditional 9 in Andre Silva.

Having only played a handful of games for Leipzig as the main striker in the Bundesliga I don't think he will be our main striker. He hasnt played there at all in the CL either hes always played off the front man.

I think us using him as a 9 is just going to lead to more frustration in all honesty, like Havertz presently and even lining up with Hazard as a false 9 in the past.

First offer made

Chelsea's latest offer for Enzo Fernández: € 120M with no target bonuses and the money in a signing payment and five other payments. * ⃣ The decision passes purely and exclusively by the president of Benfica, Rui Costa, who must define whether to accept it or not.

6 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

No way the cnut Rui say no to that! 
He gets the sum of the release clause.

If he fecks this up players will start to be sceptical about Benfica and RCs since there usually is a mutual consensus that you let the player leave if a buying club matches the release clause. 

1 minute ago, Costa19 said:

No way the cnut Rui say no to that! 
He gets the sum of the release clause.

If he fecks this up players will start to be sceptical about Benfica and RCs since there usually is a mutual consensus that you let the player leave if a buying club matches the release clause. 

Think it will depend how much is upfront.

Personally, if we will have Felix+Nkunku+Havertz on the books I would prefer not to sign a centre forward in a rush in summer, better to play with them and wait for the right opportunity to come up to "complete" the team over the next couple of years. 

18 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Piece of shits

Not sure what anyone expects, been blatantly clear all window its the £106m upfront or nothing for them. Wouldn't matter if we offered 130-150m in installation clearly they want all of the money in one go.

Believing otherwise is setting yourself up for a fail, I mean if people think we can swindle a deal regardless of the amount and have it broken down/more favourable in terms of how much is paid at the beginning, they are dreaming 😂 I think Boehly & co are wasting their time at this rate, the reported offer is always sum X in instalments. Its almost as if their completely ignoring Benfica.

Porto, Benfica and Sporting always look after themselves.  

Edited by OneMoSalah