Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 hours ago, Mhsc said:

Lukaku is surely the worst transfer in history.

Hazard to Real, Coutinho to Barca, Lukaku to Chels

next tier down is Griezmann to Barca, Higuain to Juve, Kepa to Chels, Fernando Torres to Chels, Pepe to Arse

maybe maybe (he is hardly a best was just insanely expensive) Dembele to Barca

Grealish to Citeh, Anthony to Manure, Sancho to Manure, and Wesley Fofana to Chels have potential

42 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Will probably get crucified for it on here but I can not see for the life of me how Caicedo is a 65m+ player. He does the basic things right, has a nice tenacity about him but that is it. He doesn't score goals, does not create unusually many chances for a dm/cm or any other additional qualities. I do not see the anticipation and spacial awareness that make Kante so unique. Caicedo may have the physical tools but not the intelligence and super quick mind of Kante or makelele to really read the game in advance and pounce on even the slightest opposition miscontrols or imprecise movements. I have been ok with most of winter signigns even if we overpaid by varying degrees... but this Caicedo chap painfully looks like flavour of the month to me.

Because Ziyech is the most Sean Dyche player ever lol. Would be thrilled if we can offload him but strongly doubt he will agree.

I agree. Caicedo is a solid player but nothing more than that. He’d be a nice addition to any midfield but he isn’t a very top player. 

As I said last night, he’s a player who if we signed I’d be fine with it but if we don’t I won’t lose sleep. 

27 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Just get Rice in the summer.

image.png.915ff204900ef779f456e59b455bfa73.png

Number 1, we need to do WHATEVER it takes and pull Enzo, either wrap him up now and loan him back, or nail him in the summer.

Number 2, If Mount leaves us, we will not pull Rice over Arse, and IF Arse (and they will be able to afford it) makes a 2-fer bid for both, they just might pull it off.

Number 3, we have basically no realistic shot at Bellingham, so I am 100% hoping Real Madrid pulls him (or PSG), rather than Pool or Citeh or Manure.

Number 4, Gvardiol is not moving in the summer of 2023 unless someone dumps INSANE (like 130-150m euros) cash on RB, as he has a 2024 110m euro (£96.4m) release clause, so we have a year to get CL IF we want to go for Gvardiol (who I predict also ends up at Real).

I think by 2025 Real's starters well could be

Thibaut Courtois 
Gvardiol
Éder Militão  (and I can see them making a move for one of: Rúben Dias or Matthijs de Ligt  or Ronald Araújo  or William Saliba)
Alphonso Davies (or Nuno Mendes)
Achraf Hakimi (or Reece, grrrrr)
Aurélien Tchouameni  
Jude Bellingham
Federico Valverde 
Vinicius Junior
Endrick
Mbappe

eventually Håland even maybe in the mix, who knows (if not Håland, then Osimhen perhaps)

plus some of their bench being (some will be ageing fast and some now there will be gone)

David Alaba  ageing 
Antonio Rüdiger ageing
Eduardo Camavinga  
Toni Kroos  likely gone
Luka Modric likely gone
Rodrygo 
Karim Benzema  maybe retired by then, who knows

plus they will be sniffing around

Jamal Musiala 
Bukayo Saka 
Phil Foden
Rafael Leão 
Dusan Vlahovic 
Christopher Nkunku
Florian Wirtz
Nicolò Barella 
Bruno Guimarães
Khvicha Kvaratskhelia
Theo Hernández
Martin Ødegaard 
Enzo Fernández 

33 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Number 1, we need to do WHATEVER it takes and pull Enzo, either wrap him up now and loan him back, or nail him in the summer.

We wont get him, forget Enzo asap, or else u will take emotional damage 😭
Its either Caicedo, Rice or someone else. 

3 hours ago, Mhsc said:

If we sell Mount it has to be for 75m+ based on the market now...

He will have one more year left on contract in the summer. I think 35-40m should do it. 

Also I just checked Liverpool players salaries and cannot see them giving him more than 150k. They are way more conservative than us in that department. 

Don't forget selling academy players is best thing regarding FFP. Pure profit. We gonna get 20m instalment from Roma for Abraham this year. Mount, RLC and Chalobah on the way out. This is over 100m clean profit for players we don't need and are nowhere near good enough for starting 11. This can get us Enzo easily. Only thing that would worry me is would we have enough homegrown players? 3 out but Colwill, Madueke in at least so should be fine. What a tremendous business that would be! 

8 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Don't forget selling academy players is best thing regarding FFP. Pure profit. We gonna get 20m instalment from Roma for Abraham this year. Mount, RLC and Chalobah on the way out. This is over 100m clean profit for players we don't need and are nowhere near good enough for starting 11. This can get us Enzo easily. Only thing that would worry me is would we have enough homegrown players? 3 out but Colwill, Madueke in at least so should be fine. What a tremendous business that would be! 

and what you think about gallegher? we can sell him easily for at least 60M pounds...

2 minutes ago, Mário César said:

and what you think about gallegher? we can sell him easily for at least 60M pounds...

No, I think 35-40 also. But keep in mind that we need homegrown players. Also Conor would earn way more money than what Mount wants and is fine with squad role. Basically 4th or 5th choice in MF. So because of this we should keep him. 

37 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

Contrary to what i thought, there are very few rumors at the moment. The club may be done in this window.

I definitely thought there would be more of a panic/scramble for a midfielder right near the deadline. But I’m happy to see that Boehly apparently won’t be doing something stupid and buying some mediocre midfielder just to get a fresh body in. It’s smart to just wait for our primary target until the summer whether that’s Enzo, Rice, or whoever.

Seems like Gusto will be our final deal this window. 

24 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

No, I think 35-40 also. But keep in mind that we need homegrown players. Also Conor would earn way more money than what Mount wants and is fine with squad role. Basically 4th or 5th choice in MF. So because of this we should keep him. 

Why keep the worst player though? By your logic be may as well keeping Ruben and selling both Mason and Connor?

The club should keep the better player, regardless of who is willing to accept a role/not likely to play as often/whatever, which is Mount (and when I say better I mean quite considerably better and has shown he can play at a higher level). 

Can’t believe people are talking about selling Mason. Bit flabbergasted. Yes he’s had a poor season but he’s been one of our best players the last 2 or 3 seasons. 

You just want us to keep him because for about 4 years you were saying he is much better than Mount and now he’s proven he is anything but (in fact he’s not even remotely close to being on his level albeit a different type of player) but now you think we should still keep him? I don’t know what to make of that… 

Edited by OneMoSalah