Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 minutes ago, bijitaq said:

Record is a journalistic rag that has no credibility whatsoever. They just asked some random "football agent" and plastered it in the front cover so they could sell a few more units. There's even a lower chance that we sell them now than before. We already bought 3 players and that fills the 3 registration slots available for the champions league. Never say never but I think it's almost impossible that he goes in this transfer window.  

Record reported this first and after a few English outlets starting saying the same so they must know something.

9 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

What about a summer move? Make a deal now and he leaves in June?

We will for sure sell him in the summer if nothing out of the ordinary happens and almost certainly by a cheaper price that we are asking for right now. So from our perspective that would be an amazing deal. I just don't see the point for you guys. Makes no sense to pay that kind of money and wait until the summer for the player. 

Edited by bijitaq

7 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Record reported this first and after a few English outlets starting saying the same so they must know something.

Again nothing is impossible, but as I stated Record is a rag. I don't think we will even sit down to talk right now. Unless Chelsea can pay the release clause up front he's staying. 

Edited by bijitaq

5 minutes ago, bijitaq said:

We will for sure sell him the summer if nothing out of the ordinary happens and almost certainly by a cheaper price that we are asking for right now. So from our perspective that would be an amazing deal. I just don't see the point for you guys. Makes no sense to pay that kind of money and wait until the summer for the player. 

If its the right player we could probably do it just like we doing with Nkunku. 

Edited by Costa19

6 hours ago, Thor said:

I feel like a midfield of him and Enzo would potentially be too lightweight. 

I like an enforcer type in there. 

I was thinking instead of Enzo to be fair and then we get a DM that’s a little more physically imposing.

It’ll be Caicedo for silly money just before the deadline is my guess. Then we try our chances in the summer for Enzo when Benfica will be more amenable. Trouble is several other massive clubs will be chasing him then and will have CL football to offer. If City goes in for him for example I don’t think we have a prayer. He would perfectly replace Gündogan who is rumored to be leaving. Even United may be able to gazump us if they want him by offering CL football and likely much higher wages than we’d propose. He and Casemiro would be arguably the best midfield pairing in the world.

If we’re serious about Enzo it’s likely now or never.

I don't know...I can see Enzo getting done. Seemingly the issue is if we pay the buyout then that is taken as money out straight away. Whereas we want to pay more and spread it. If todd goes back with 100 mill over a 8 year contract and more in bonuses I would say it'll be hard to turn down. One thing is for sure, I fully trust Todd and Co to throw a lot of money their way if we want him 

Yeah us negotiating with Benfica… its more than likely going to be either pay the release clause or fuck off. As it always was  when we tried last time and usually is with Portuguese clubs.

I don’t see us offering say £90-100m over the spread of a long contract. And even if we did, are they really going to be inclined to accept it when the release clause is still £106m? After the initial pursuit at the beginning of the month? It makes no sense for them to take a lesser deal or a deal thats structured in a way to make it more beneficial for us than for them. Even more so when they know they will get that £106m release clause in the summer as more clubs will be better placed to make such moves.

I think for sure Real Madrid, Man City, Liverpool will all be in the market for a statement signing in the summer and I think MFers such as Bellingham and Enzo will top most lists.

Edited by OneMoSalah

Ben Jacobs saying we still hope Benfica will soften on our approach. We are going to test them again, he still wants the move but their stance is release clause or nothing. Big bids for both Caicedo and Enzo can't be ruled outand we don't consider this window closed after the Mudryk signing. Chelsea haven't given up on either Enzo or Caicedo

23 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Ben Jacobs saying we still hope Benfica will soften on our approach. We are going to test them again, he still wants the move but their stance is release clause or nothing. Big bids for both Caicedo and Enzo can't be ruled outand we don't consider this window closed after the Mudryk signing. Chelsea haven't given up on either Enzo or Caicedo

Problem is.. why would they ”soften” this late in the window? 

I have a hard time beliveing they will just ”Oh we changed our mind. We will gladly accept a lesser fee than we demanded before now when there is only a couple of days left” 

Edited by Costa19

26 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

Problem is.. why would they ”soften” this late in the window? 

I have a hard time beliveing they will just ”Oh we changed our mind. We will gladly accept a lesser fee than we demanded before now when there is only a couple of days left” 

100m is genuinely as much as they will ever get for him. 

How long is the release clause active for?

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Threw up in my mouth a bit reading Matt Law’s latest tweet. I won’t even post it because it’s cursed. 🤢🤢🤢

I’d rather ride the season out with our current lot than sign the two he mentions.

Very uninspiring 

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Threw up in my mouth a bit reading Matt Law’s latest tweet. I won’t even post it because it’s cursed. 🤢🤢🤢

I’d rather ride the season out with our current lot than sign the two he mentions.

With who we currently have and who is coming, there is no room for Gordon, and the other mentioned, I would keep Jorginho on the decline first.